A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 04/29/2014 at 9:01:01 AM PST

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Next Stop here

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Apr 29, 14 2:48 AM
Can I use the thread started by the MOD's too - or is that for other purposes?

thanks,
KIW0612

damgame
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by damgame on Apr 29, 14 5:04 AM
ok this is weird. I never even try a game unless it has been reviewed. The reviewers are so spot on. So this is my first review

MUSIC: I turn all music off so I cant comment
It has timed and Not timed. Expert level and Normal

Length: I got up to Level 8 in the 1 hour and it says it has 40 levels
Whats it all about:

You have to fix a railroad
When the train goes thru the signal you get money
You get wood from the trees
You get stone from the stones?
The faster you fix the railroad the faster the train goes and you earn more money.

VERDICT: This is a buy for me. I am a TM junkie and this game is a bit different to the other TM games out there and its good.

Sef256
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Sef256 on Apr 29, 14 5:04 AM
It's a really relaxing game

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 29, 14 8:02 AM
Whoopeee !!!!
This is a great TM/Strategy game, as previous poster said about the timed and untimed, which is great. There is definite strategy to consider as to what to upgrade and purchase first, starts to get a little more challenging at level 7, but not unbeatable. The little railroad men, must run to the stop sign and let the train through which gives you money, they also can run around to pickup postal boxes for more money. The real money comes in giving water to the trains, so factor in that when you are gathering supplies. If you do not get the it done in time, and it ends, the only drawback when it shows you your score, is there is not a choice to replay, but you can hit menu, then play again and it will take you to the train car with the books and you can hit the one you want to replay, if you see you won't make the best time, you can hit menu and there is a replay button there before it ends.

This is a definite buy for me, and wish BFG had showed it as the primary game instead of a tag on to the everloving million HOG games they offer.

Still love you BF, but sometimes feel like the red-headed step child.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 29, 14 8:37 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Next Stop here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Next Stop.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Apr 29, 14 10:29 AM
Such a cute game! Really like it and actually submitted an "official" game review (my first). Surprised that it was a "soft" release..

In summary, this is a game in the same vein as Gold Rush. Simple and fun to play. Basic story of greedy banker, cash strapped owner, and the plucky little lady who will save the railroad in 40 days. Played about 15 min before I bought it with a game credit.

Of course, the levels get harder as you go along but, so far, nothing hard too manage. I must admit that I played in the untimed mode. I usually do that, first time through, then go back a play again in the timed mode. I just hate the pressure ( ) until I know how the game unfolds.....

It is a bit disconcerting that the workers can run through the train, when completing their tasks.... or that the train can run through the workers when they are repairing the track, but it is a "virtual" kind of world.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 29, 14 8:28 PM
I've grown to enjoy TM games a lot, and this one is a buy... cute graphics and face paced. Levels increase in difficulty. Music is a little annoying, but just turn it off if you prefer.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Apr 30, 14 2:17 PM
A fun little game but not very challenging.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Apr 30, 14 6:43 PM
Strange....very strange game.

I went ahead & bought it anyway because I feel a moral obligation to support any and all TM games on this site, lest they go away forever to make room for another thousand spooky/haunted same old same olds.

Its enjoyable enough. I guess. I certainly have played it a lot.

skydad
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by skydad on May 6, 14 5:59 PM
This gives time management games a bad name. It is the same simple strategy for every single level. Even in timed games you really have to try not to make gold.

In short if you like playing the same level over 40 times this is the game for you.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on May 8, 14 12:28 AM
After the hour trial I bought the game. It is a fun game and I have found it far too easy to complete in the timed mode. Gold all the way! The devs could have put some kind of "snag" to make it harder to get the gold star. I hope they bring out Next Stop2 and make it a little more challenging. Saying that I have replayed the game a few times as I do like this game.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 16, 14 3:03 PM
For the life of me I can't understand why this game got the good reviews it did. Good thing it was just one of those $4.99 bonus things. Very boring...same thing after same thing, after same thing. Good grief....should have know better than to buy a bonus game without being able to demo it first. I would have never made beyond the first 15 minutes.

It certainly isn't "fast paced" by any means...

Had to turn off that horrible music and the dialog was unnecessary and annoying...I just skipped it. I give this a 1 out of 5 and thats being generous.

Edited on 05/16/2014 at 3:04:30 PM PST

[Post New]by SillyPoet on May 24, 14 7:15 AM
We really liked this game!

However, I would like to see improvements when they (hopefully!) come out with a next Stop 2.

More levels
More challenging levels or offshoot levels to gain bonuses.
Have different modes- normal (which I thought this was easy for this game), medium and hard.

Please put out more games like this!

Definitely a game to buy - 5 Stars

[Post New]by morlaine on May 24, 14 5:51 PM
I like Time Management games and this one is a bit different and a lot of fun. I was very impressed with the detail in the graphics. You could see the railroad tracks between the bars of the cowcatcher as the train moved. You could see the worker's footprints disappearing in the snow.

It was a fun game. And I'm hoping for a sequel. However, there are a couple of things I'd like to see in the sequel. I would hope, if you finish the game with gold stars on all levels that you be treated to an additional 5 or 6 levels as a reward. You should get something for all those gold stars. :-)

As I said earlier the graphics were great but in the sequel I'd like to see the workers going around the train rather than through it. That was a bit disconcerting at first. Or if the train is moving have the workers stop and wait for it to go by. That would add a bit more of a challenge with regard to time.

I have already recommended this game to a couple of friends. I think most people would enjoy it. Keep up the good work. A series of them would be nice.

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on May 30, 14 12:35 AM
Terrific little game, the only problem I saw with it is that it plays way too fast, not much challenge to get gold, (well none, actually) Other than that, I really liked this one, it's something fresh and different, the workers move freely, and don't feel like you are dragging them thru quicksand. (Always the first thing I notice) As someone mentioned above, a series of these would be great, but I agree it needs a bit more challenge or more levels. Something to make it last a little longer. Other than that, perfect! Loved it!

[Post New]by pickrell1959 on Jun 10, 14 9:51 PM
This game is the most upsetting game I have. The game itself is great however I am not even able to play it without my system going done. I have everything that you need to play this and yet is still kills my system. This needs a patch or something. I would appreciate some assistance with this. You would think that Big Fish Games would check into this type of issues and take care of them. I have posted the issue as have many other people had yet no answers or replies. I guess they don't give a crap as long as they get your money every month.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 30, 14 4:54 PM
TRYING OUT NEW GAMES FROM BIG FISH

Since it is becoming more and more expensive to buy CE's, and the choices we have lately are so dark and gloomy, I have been trying out new types of games. Bought a lot of M3 games a while ago, but then they all seemed to turn into games for 5 year olds. So have bought a couple time management games and liked them.

Next Stop is a lot of fun to play. It is not your usual repair, get resources, repair, get resources game. Although there are those aspects to this game, they come in different "packages."

Your goal is to repair your father's railroad before the big, bad mayor takes it and all its land for back taxes. He gives you a certain number of days to make the repairs, and I assume if you don't get the job done in those days, you lose. The only thing I would wish for is more levels. They do the graphics so beautifully. There are no Vikings involved. There are no monsters to kill. The game is different, clever, and a joy to play. There are the 2 modes of playing - timed and untimed. The goals you have to accomplish are clear and written at the top of the screen. You need only to hoover over something and you will see what you need to fix the situation. The main characters are more realistic looking than cartoonish, and only talk at the beginning of a level. (In other words, they are not a constant interruption.)

It is definitely worth the trial to see how the game plays. I hope you like it as much as I do. I bought it right after the trial and am anxious to get back to playing. Of course, I have done great on the first 4 levels - now I'll have to see how hard the rest of them are.

I recommend this game highly.

BHQld
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by BHQld on Aug 23, 14 7:02 AM
A great little game, and I use the word "little" in sincerity.

The general idea is great.
The characters are cute.
The need to plan is definitely a credit to the designers.

However....

Every level is a rinse-n-repeat. The only advancement in difficulty is how many sections of track need to be repaired, or whether or not you have a sawmill/quarry. Also, no difficulty setting in order for the player to make it harder themselves.

Whilst I don't regret buying the game, I did feel a little let down when I realised that although the game promised 40 levels, this didn't mean that it was going to captivate for more than 2hrs.

That being said, I'll probably replay it.... when I'm looking for something that really doesn't require much attention.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Feb 13, 15 10:45 PM
Well, this one is tedious and boring... no challenge at all.

Go to: