Please post your TECH ISSUES for Deponia: The Puzzle here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 29, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/29/2014 at 8:58:22 AM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Deponia: The Puzzle here

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Apr 29, 14 5:01 AM
When I try to open the game, I get a message: This installation of this game is damaged. Try re-installing or contacting the publisher for assistance.

Guess it's not for me, lol.

pearls10
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by pearls10 on Apr 29, 14 7:13 AM
I get the same message as Sableshadow,no try no buy from me.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 29, 14 8:56 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Apr 29, 14 10:17 AM
It won't let me click in the game. I can click all the way up to and including starting the very first activity, but then it doesn't notice that I'm click-click-clicking on any of the puzzle pieces.

The instruction page shows a finger tapping a puzzle piece, so I'm guessing this game was built for iPad. But it's being sold here as a PC game so seems like it should work with a mouse (and PC), too.

vampyre5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by vampyre5 on Apr 30, 14 6:14 AM
I have the same problem.
I can only click using a mouse on my pc, the touch screen doesn't work at all in this game, but when trying to play the actual puzzles the mouse doesn't work either.
Very disappointed at yet another wonky game release. I might have liked this.

lottelein
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by lottelein on Apr 30, 14 2:27 PM
I am having these same issues -- "damaged installation," cannot open game...it is frustrating because it looks like a great game!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 30, 14 2:45 PM
Hi All,

For those of you experiencing problems clicking images within the game, sometimes running the game as an administrator can help your computer read files that may be blocked and can cause these kinds of issues. I have some steps to do this in the link below:

Run Game as Administrator

lottelein, if you are still having problems getting the game to download, please check out the help article for download issues in the link below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should any of those problems continue, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to troubleshoot those issues for you.

bfgWendwater

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Deponia: The Puzzle here

[Post New]by serpentine on Sep 12, 14 2:23 AM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

There are NO instructions or territorial on this game.

I have a 27 inch touch screen, but have to use a mouse because I can't reach it.
The mouse doesn't do anything??

Go to: