Please post your TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Apr 30, 14 12:36 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 04/30/2014 at 8:34:04 AM PST

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story he

[Post New]by janspack on Apr 30, 14 5:07 AM
I downloaded this game and it says I've used up my trial - which of course, I haven't.as it is a brand new game!!

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story he

[Post New]by janspack on Apr 30, 14 5:12 AM
OK, I redownloaded it and I have my trial time this time. Very strange.

[Post New]by mimikins on Apr 30, 14 5:46 AM
game starts up normal and then when you hit play its all messed up, can't see pics just a bunch of different colored squares and stuff, no picture.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story h

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 30, 14 6:03 AM
mimikins wrote:game starts up normal and then when you hit play its all messed up, can't see pics just a bunch of different colored squares and stuff, no picture.

Try uninstalling and re-installing which helps sometimes.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Apr 30, 14 8:18 AM
When I went into this game, I saw my initials already in there which means I obviously played it somewhere else. The first screen I tryed to get to on Big Fishes install was pixilated in green and red. Now I remember that that happened in other download also. I was able to play up to the attic before it went south. Nothing seems to help fix it. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Apr 30, 14 8:33 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story h

[Post New]by hibtug on Apr 30, 14 11:13 AM
After 20 minutes playing the demo there were just coloured squares all over the screen, and I could not proceed with the game. I uninstalled and reinstalled but with no success. I see others had the same problem. Is there a solution ? Thanks

[Post New]by bobbysian23 on Apr 30, 14 12:38 PM
I can't get this game to even download. Clicking on Play Now to download the trial, go through the usual clicks and then nothing........been waiting 15 minutes and tried twice. ??

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Apr 30, 14 2:42 PM
Hi All,

For those of you experiencing graphical glitches within the game, sometimes running the game as an administrator can help your computer read files that may be blocked and can cause these kinds of issues. I have some steps to do this in the link below:

Run Game as Administrator

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

bobbysian23, if you are still having problems getting the game to download, please check out the help article for download issues in the link below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Should any of those problems continue, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to troubleshoot those issues for you.

bfgWendwater

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Apr 30, 14 2:58 PM
I,m in the house playing by -hop game can not pick up diary..

LKlimo
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story

[Post New]by LKlimo on May 2, 14 10:02 AM
I,m in the lighthouse, in an HO and cannot pick up the button. Glitch?

Edited on 05/02/2014 at 10:02:36 AM PST

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on May 2, 14 10:28 AM
Have got to the lighthouse, found the star in the box, but since I took the oil from the crane I can't get back in to use the lever.....anyone else?

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Demon Hunter: Chronicles from Beyond - The Untold Story

[Post New]by golliwog11 on May 2, 14 6:51 PM
MsNetty61 wrote:Have got to the lighthouse, found the star in the box, but since I took the oil from the crane I can't get back in to use the lever.....anyone else?

Yes, me too, exactly the same --- AND the Hint button no longer works from that point on (still flashes but does nothing when you click on it). Can't continue with the demo as a result..

[Post New]by woofess on May 2, 14 7:19 PM
I too have the same prob. Unable to access crane and hint button usable. Also no question marks on map.

[Post New]by woofess on May 2, 14 7:20 PM
Hint button is unusable, I mean and I have purchased the game.
regards,
W

2nonou2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by 2nonou2 on May 2, 14 9:00 PM
woofess wrote:Hint button is unusable, I mean and I have purchased the game.
regards,
W
Me too!! SWhats going on with this gane? Anyone know?

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on May 3, 14 10:44 AM
I cant go back to the crane either.

[Post New]by welshcath on May 5, 14 11:35 AM
MsNetty61 wrote:Have got to the lighthouse, found the star in the box, but since I took the oil from the crane I can't get back in to use the lever.....anyone else?

I have the exact same problem .... Unable to use hint button and no ? on map either

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on May 5, 14 2:42 PM
I didn't have the pixellated screen until the HOS by the crane. I was able to take a picture of it which I will send to BFG help. My hint button did continue to work, and I was able to find a few things without it by looking for the cursor changing to hand or gears, which also continued to work. At the end of the HOS it popped me back to a normal scene. I'm going to try to continue for a while but I will send the picture to the help desk, I promise.

Go to: