amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

Is it too easy?

[Post New]by amminnc on Apr 30, 14 5:06 AM
I love "beat the clock" TM games so was excited to see this slightly different format of 40 days to fix the railroad company. It's pretty cute (except for when the worker runs through the train... that's kind of creepy) and has a couple of elements different from most other TMs. However, I got through 15 levels in the demo, each with a gold star. For those of you who bought the game and played beyond level 15, do the levels get more difficult? Are bonuses ever offered (ie, run faster or extra resources)? Or is this game really suited more for TM beginners? I'm looking more for a challenge rather than relaxation.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Is it too easy?

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 30, 14 6:43 AM
I posted a review after trying it for the free hour before I bought it and was VERY excited. However now after completing the game, found it not challenging at all.
I had got to level 7 in the free hour and it started to get a little harder, but then it just was a repeat in level after level with very little differences and this game had a fantastic chance of being so good. There could have been so much more to this game, but got rather monotonous. Still is a good game for beginning TM;ers, I hope the developers build on this, because it took no time at all to do this game. It really as I said before has great potential.

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Apr 30, 14 9:28 AM
Thanks so much Csustar for taking the time to respond. That's just what I was afraid of, and didn't want to waste a credit on something I'd be finished with after another hour or so.

This game has a good foundation, but I agree the developers need to take it to the next step.

Have a great day!

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Apr 30, 14 2:19 PM
I purchased the game and played all 40 levels.

It does not get harder. I found the game a bit too easy for my liking.

Still it was a fun game. I thought for a minute that maybe it wasn't worth the money. But then I thought well gee you pay $10 to see a movie. So I think this game was worth what I paid for it.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on May 1, 14 8:18 AM
I found this game enjoyable while playing but yes, it is too easy. Got through the whole 40 levels except one on gold first time. Went back and did that level again once and got gold. So that's the replayability out of the window for me!

MammawJo
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by MammawJo on May 2, 14 12:35 PM
Next Stop is one of those games that is awesome for kids and beginners; but will also appeal to those who are more experienced but also like a game that can be a bit more relaxing to play. The game is very well made and has a multiclick and a no timer mode. The graphics are good and sounds and music can be muted if you choose. The storyline is your basic "young girl saves the day against a mean banker". It flows nicely and does not impede gameplay. There are no upgrades except to add workers to the base camp. For those who are looking for very challenging games only, Next Stop may not be for you. It's one I'd pull out to play when I want a game that's relaxing but still fun. And it's nice to have one the grandkids can play too when they come to visit. For me, worth the price.

Edited on 05/02/2014 at 12:40:18 PM PST

Go to: