bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 1, 14 12:29 AM
Princess made some mistakes in the past, not always using her magic for good. But she's made amends, and that's all forgiven now. She has finally found her mother after five long years. But just as Princess runs to embrace her, a band of thuggish trees kidnap her mother!

You're the royal detective she came to know so well, and you're Princess' only hope. She's still just a girl, and her magic isn't quite strong enough to defeat the villain who's taken her mother. Help reunite them and uncover a devious plot by an evil king and his brothers!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 8:50:31 AM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 1, 14 1:10 AM
I hope this is better than the first in the series. I didn't like that one.

Frezo
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Frezo on May 1, 14 2:53 AM
I loved the first one!! and I am really looking forward to play this one :-), and I love the fact, that it is a sequel to the first one and we are trying to help the princess to find her mother.... hopefully with a happy end.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 1, 14 3:18 AM
I loved it too Frezo (welcome!). Beautiful and more statues! All good!

I actually like wallpapers and concept art as part of the bonus package, and this is one game where it influences me to buy the CE. The artwork looks great. The concept art in particular. And it is saveable, so I can have it on my desktop any time I'm in the mood.

The screensavers are something that Elephant does very well, and I love the look of one in particular with this game.

In all, this is my next game, without a doubt, next "sale" opportunity!

PS. I LOVE that skull hint, even his yawning!

[Post New]by sandi12345 on May 1, 14 3:41 AM
having done the demo am unsure if it is a buy for me. There is no map which meant I had to keep pressing the hint to see where to go next, I could be teleported which was good. There is a lot of going backwards and forwards. The puzzles are good and different, the two or three hidden objects I found hard to see and again needed the hint to find a couple of items. There are also some items which I wasn't sure what they were. This is an Elephant game which are one of my favourite developers but will wait for the SE and use a punch card. Not a CE for me.

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on May 1, 14 4:32 AM
Gorgeous game, I was so looking forward to it after having played the 1st one Lord of Statues 4 times. It surely does not disappoint.
Wonderful graphics, the depth of the lighting and shading, especially on the little root guy, you can see every detail of the bark, is just beautiful.
I really love this game so far. HOGs and Minigames are also fun to play.
You have your collectables and morphs.
Once the skull spoke to me which will be your hint button I had to have this game no matter what. Too funny when as he is speaking one of his "eyes" floats out of the socket and he snatches it back up with his mouth.
It is the little extras, like this, that makes it want me to buy it and play forever.
Lot of thought and imagination went into this game.
Characters are very well done and the story must go on......I have to find out.
Great job again Elephant

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 1, 14 5:25 AM
There is a map, it is in the bottom left. Bit hard to see!

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on May 1, 14 10:55 AM
JustTheFacts wrote:I loved it too Frezo (welcome!). Beautiful and more statues! All good!
I've yet to play it but am looking forward to it...
I actually like wallpapers and concept art as part of the bonus package, and this is one game where it influences me to buy the CE. The artwork looks great. The concept art in particular. And it is saveable, so I can have it on my desktop any time I'm in the mood.
I love 'Stuff' that looks good and is downloadable. I think it is one of the pluses of a CE
The screen savers are something that Elephant does very well, and I love the look of one in particular with this game.
An Elephant game I didn't know that... I am a HUGE Elephant Game fan...Now Torn as to whether I play the first game first or dive straight in as...
In all, this is my next game, without a doubt, next "sale" opportunity!
A per other posts I did the TICK code from the last Sale, and was so happy when it worked... may try it JTF encase it's still working, if your up...

Obviously I've posted my comments in between JTF (and mine are the orange ones... I add a Welcome to Frezo but like to add I'm a SEAHORSE... Lots of 2:00am happy pyjama dancing going on right now

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 1, 14 11:20 AM
Happy Seahorse Day Dudesmum!!

How 'bout a pizza pyjama party? Or burgers I'm starved! THEN and dancing!

Yes I'm up. Shouldn't be, but am.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 2, 14 1:19 AM
I played the demo. Fun game, but WAY too easy! Seriously... played Casual mode and SPARKLES GALORE! I knew where to go and what to pick up all the time.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 2, 14 1:59 AM
I loved the first one but don't quite like this one, will have to think about it. Every time I tried to view the Map I clicked the Menu button instead - Lol!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 2, 14 6:08 AM
I too loved the first one....and am a bit disappointed so far, that it does not seem as well made....as if perhaps they rushed it out.

Still.....It is not bad enough for my to write more than mildly disappointed, AND I still bought the game.
Dudesmum....JTF, I will happily join you for either pizza or burgers, though a pile of juicy red meat does sound better to me......guess to many days catching fish and plague rats in the Viking adventures....lol!
oh yes.....and we have some really good rolls for the burger, and there might even be some of the fresh goat cheese left to go on it.

grin.....sorry if I made anyone hungry.....NOT!
lol lol lol!!!!!
bring on the food, and I will see if the elves are actually nasty dark sorts of elves or if they have been cursed into ebil.....
and I was SO looking forward to some nice dishy looking elves to slaver over while I played.

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on May 2, 14 9:10 AM
So I'm just lying here enjoying my Seahorseness and thought mmmmm those on the other side of the world must have been wondering what JTF and I were on about referring to being up late when it was roughly 3pm USA time No it's not that we sleep odd hours down here...

Actually given that we were up playing games at 2am in the morning.... I think we are a little odd JTF although let's not invite tookat to our PJ party until she's over her Viking adventures... My boy Chaos may like the rats tho... so I'll think about it

So to make this relevant to the game

Does anyone know if Elephant made the first Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues??? Save me having to start up the game

And if not who did make it???

And is it another series that Elephant has decided to emulate? That said I enjoyed Mystery Case Files Fate’s Carnival sooo much... So I'm looking forwarded to more Elephant Games???

Next on my list would be one of their Hallowed Legends... Love those...

I did briefly read someone's post about they being bits repeated... I must confess when I played Christmas Stories, A Christmas Carol I noticed a large number of masks... but then thought I probably only noticed them because I had just finished playing Mystery Trackers,Raincliff’s Phantoms (yes I was playing games out of order )... My point being that when you play games by the same developer I think we should expect there to be some crossovers and even great simularites to other games....

I was like "gee there's a lot of Masks in this game just like those in that Mystery Trackers I just played... Oh well I guess there is only so many images you can use".. and got on with the game...

I like there is the option to try before buying... Try it, if you don't like it either wait to the SE comes out and get it cheaper or use your credits or pass on this game... I'm sure I'm in trouble now but would love to know who made the first game

Back to Seahorse Dancing (I fell asleep right after my post last night so much for my party ) ((Yes, here at the computer, hubby found me slumped over murmuring about seahorse burgers and Vikings ))

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 2, 14 11:30 AM
there seems to be a lot of this thing "falling asleep while gaming long hours"...
guilty.
I discovered that even though all my fires went out, I kept accumulating wood and food (Vikings) so when I woke up, I was ahead of myself!

as for Royal Detective...I DO wish the Skull would stop grinding its teeth! the dude needs an appointment with the dentist to have a bite splint made.

I am very, very glad they have a jump map and the Elephant games majik transportation jump sometimes when you ask a question. It has come in handy several times.......and I have not decided if falling asleep exempts you from not inviting me to the wee hour pizza party....it is the middle of the afternoon now, and pizza sounds like a pretty good lunch....so does burgers.
Not, I fear ham sandwiches after collecting so many hams in both Viking games.

I am pretty sure that Elephant was the Dev in the first Royal Detective.....but, as I have that sieve memory of mine, I would look for corroboration....I personally think it should be an addition to every game page.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 2, 14 11:39 AM
As to repeated images in the games....
I have noticed a lot of Devs list the same image archive business in their credits.....and a lot of them may just use which ever images happen to be featured, recently uploaded, or maybe they go on sale, and they buy them by the bundle.

I have even noticed scenes from games I played years ago, being used in games by some of the developers.....It doesn't annoy me, but I do get one heck of a case of deja vu

Dudesmum
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by Dudesmum on May 2, 14 12:51 PM
tookat wrote:As to repeated images in the games....
I have noticed a lot of Devs list the same image archive business in their credits.....and a lot of them may just use which ever images happen to be featured, recently uploaded, or maybe they go on sale, and they buy them by the bundle.

I have even noticed scenes from games I played years ago, being used in games by some of the developers.....It doesn't annoy me, but I do get one heck of a case of deejay vu

Hey TooKat,

Ofcourse you and your Rat and Ham Sandwiches are invited to our PJ party any time... But you also need to bring some Viking , I'll bring the and JTF will supply morning ...

Skull so needs a bite splint... He may yawn when he Hints but that grinding has to stop... As to who made the first one Well it was Elie Phant ofcourse (most good games are unless their by MadHead )... I saw Other games on the Front page of the game and the only game it showed was the first game... so I thought I have to know... So I looked on their site & it was there between Mystery Trackers:Black Isle & One of my all time favourite games, Surface:The Noise She Couldn’t Make . I've played that game soooo many times now and rate it up there with NeverTales. But I've yet to play Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Collector's Edition, so my preferences may go up and down...

However, I'm finding this game a bit to bitsy (not a good word but best I can do)... Magic glove, Fire Knife etc... Just a bit over the place for me so far but still love an Elephant game...There is no denying that there is a definite layout and formulae Elephant uses for it's games, but so do the rest.

My one bug bear with them, is they although they have all the bells and whistles going but still they don't even attempt to have the characters lips move!!!

Please Elephant move their lips even just a bit.
There is nothing worse than the character just standing there, like wet cement, just looking at you, not moving, whilst the script is being read . It's just something that I've come to expect with games now a days and don't know why Elephant still doesn't do it... Maybe they can let us know???

Whine and Whinge over back to Seahorse dancing... Whiny Neigh, flick my mane, swish my tail (what do you mean wrong sort of horse )

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on May 4, 14 10:09 AM
Congrats on your , Dudesmum.

Nah, you're ok! Pooping in a sea is much better than when I had horses in real life and they pooped everywhere LOL. It's a loveable avatar .

As to this game? I really wish I didn't have to say anything negative, but I'm disappointed also. I loved the first one. This one? I could not believe how quickly the main game and bonus were over. Only about 10 HOs and 9 Puzzles in the main game and very few in the bonus.

Elephant friends - what is going on? You are excellent. C'mon guys!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 5, 14 12:28 AM
I am about to play it again guys.
All because I missed one dragon......one teeny weeny morphing dragon, and it had to be in one of the last sequences, when I finally got fully absorbed by the game.

I wish there was a way of skipping some of the early chapters where I was bored...
and while it was me, different "monsters" whether helpers or foes.....and Princess, I couldn't help but yawn....just not enough to keep my interest.
then, than heavens it got better.....because I hate it when I am only one down on the collectibles.
I might try to not skip any of the puzzles this time around....but a few of them drove me crazy and there wasn't really a way to easily follow the SG to beat them either.

[Post New]by purplehatlady on May 7, 14 2:55 AM
........................................................................................................................................................................
Would some one please help me? I have started this game (and I do likr elephant games) but some how I cannot find the magic glove and believe I have tried! If its just me being thick okay just that in my thickness I would love to carry on with game

Thanks in advance Ps I will bring from our 4 town backery's the cornish pasties sausage rolls pies meat and fruit all backec on site

purplehatlady

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 7, 14 4:10 AM
Hi purplehatlady,

You can find the magic glove in the ruins outside the castle. At the left of the castle's gates there is something like an iron sentry box or whatever this is. Just zoom in on it and pick the glove up.

Happy gaming!

Go to: