A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 7:56:10 AM PST

portulaca
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune here

[Post New]by portulaca on May 1, 14 2:12 AM
I like something different and this game is. Played 40 mins and am intrigued with where it is going. Graphics are lovely and colourful. So far I have not any problems with the cursor.

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 2:15:07 AM PST

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on May 1, 14 2:42 AM
What a cute, silly little game. Graphics are great, clear, colorful and sharp. Instructions easy to understand. The story is interesting and keeps you wondering what is going to happen. I have had no trouble with anything. Play seems a bit slow but not intolerable. Be sure to give it a try. Don't be overwhelmed by the big CE today and overlook this little gem.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 1, 14 3:25 AM
Absolutely fantastic animations and graphics! This is a rare charming/funny/witty/fun game! Haven't seen anything this cute in a long time.

It's really different from the usual games we get. I highly recommend this charming whimsical game! At least check out the trial for sure! It so much fun!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE" Great animations! I really love it!

“These are my terms" for hogs, I hogs, frogs & adventure games.

“DEVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot. LOL

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

[Post New]by ozzielozza on May 1, 14 4:30 AM
I had the opportunity to test this and loved it. An absolute buy for me!! Loved the animation and the voices. The over-top characterisations are a winner.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on May 1, 14 4:57 AM
This game is FUN! It is by Shaman Games, and they do tend to make bright, fun, whimsical games Mind you, the opening credits did make me think of some of Tim Burton's films

I loved the witch trying to make herself 'bootiful', but forgetting that she needs to change her behaviour as well, lol.

I did have to end up skipping a couple of the mini games, but only because I was completely stuck The Skip button is a leetle bit slow, but not too slow (for me, anyway), and the Hint button is directional, but we do get more direct hints when certain items are clicked on. At different times when tasks have been completed, we get an Achievement banner. I liked that as there wasn't a huge fanfare or flashing lights to hurt my eyes

This is a Soft release, but well worth trying out. It is a definite buy for me.

Jen

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on May 1, 14 7:38 AM
I laughed so hard at the beginning of this game's intro I had to buy it just because I knew it was going to be fun. From the reviews I've read, I see that I'm right. I can't wait to get on with it. Downloading and installling now. This is indeed a very cute looking game. As said before, a nice change to the more serious games. We need more laughter in games we play. I just hope I can stop laughing long enough to finish playing.

HAPPY HAPPY GAME
Linda.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 1, 14 7:42 AM
So Wonderfully Silly & Original! *****

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
I have had a copy of the beta survey for this game sitting in my pc for months, and somehow there was always something more appealing to play. Oh what a fool was I! But perhaps it was for the best. Fell in love with this clever and funny little gem before I’d played more than 10 minutes. Waiting until punchcard Monday is gonna drive me nuts, imagine my agony if I’d had to wait months!

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
The cartoon drawing, all whacky and surreal is reminiscent of Disney, in a deliberately tongue in cheek way. And top quality as well. The opening scenes with our wicked but lovelorn witch set up the style and feel of the game exactly. Throughout, everything looks and sounds crazy. And that is its appeal. The sheer over-the-top wackiness of the game. And if that prince doesn’t shut up his whimpering... Well, I’m just saying...

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
An attractiveness-challenged witch decides to bring her reluctant fiancé the Prince to the altar by magic. She turns him into a frog, and only a kiss from his fiancé can transform him back to life as a human. On offering her lips for a kiss, however, she is shocked that the frog prince refuses! And so she encloses him in glass and locks him up till he changes his mind.

You have been witnessing all this from hiding, but now the queen sees you and poof!, you are knocked out and come to in a cage. Eventually, you escape your cage, help the prince escape his, and set about getting outa here! The Prince seems to know what he’s doing, so you follow him through a portal to his true love’s castle, where he immediately gets himself in trouble again!

GAMEPLAY
The game would be merely one of curiosity value if all it had going for it is the unusual look and story, though. What it also has is original gameplay. The puzzles are some new and uniquely designed, others are similar to other mini-games but with a quirky twist. The HOPs are also new, a fragmented object puzzle with many objects to find and fit together, and a kind of mini-puzzle as part of it. These are new, but not at all difficult.

This game also follows with the sort of action that includes the making of potions. Little quizzical differences make up the rest of the fun and imagination of this game. The journal has the story, and the story achievements, of which there are 5 or 6 shown as playing cards. There is no map, but there is an eye symbol that identifies active zones, on the easiest of 3 levels of difficulty. The inventory is above, the black bar comments below. The location is often slightly bigger than the screen, so you must make sure to look up and down, and from left to right.

BLING!
As well as the achievements awarded within the game, you can win achievements that are recorded in the main menu only and these are fabulous! There are 4 glass display units – each for a different victim of the witch I assume. The first, at any rate, is the Frog Prince. You have 6 points of the story which yield a different animation of the frog. Bowing, for instance, or startlement. The really fun thing (for me, anyway, but I”m a big kid) is that you can save these little images as avatars. I am going to enjoy that.

COMBINED IMPACT
This game will not be for everyone (and boy, I think I’ve said that 3 times this week), but it is well worth a trial to see the funny side of gaming. Think Dark Parables meets Royal Envoy, and you’ll be heading in the right direction, but you’ve still got a way to go. *cheekiest grin yet*
I recommend this game!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 1, 14 7:55 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on May 1, 14 9:23 AM
The most FUN I've had in ages! However... I only got to save 2 princes before taking care of the witch. Wondering if this was supposed to be like that..... anyone?

HILARIOUS game!!!!!!!

[Post New]by BlueDogs77 on May 1, 14 1:22 PM
I love, love, LOVE this game!! Adorable and captivating, magical and creative! The sounds are phenomenal, the animations are top notch, this game just drew me right into it's world.

I had to put the brakes on myself because it won't be until tomorrow that I will have the credits to buy this one, and I couldn't bear to get even more wrapped up in this fantastic world of witches and cute cursed frogs only to hit the end of the trial. I would be heartbroken!

So after 20+ minutes I forced myself to stop staring in wonder at all of the creative scenes and animations going on all around me and landed back in reality.

To be quite honest, I cannot wait until tomorrow when the shopping and errands are done and I can curl up in my recliner and lose myself in a world of magic and wonder. Definitely a buy for me!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on May 1, 14 8:06 PM
What would you get if you had Tim Burton design a HOPA? Witch's Pranks:Frog's Fortune! Funny, cute game--highly recommend.

stanliness
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by stanliness on May 6, 14 2:24 PM
Love this game! Finally able to buy it today, after daily trying since it was pulled.
Same artist as the Mishap games? Love the fancifulness - the silliness. So much more fun than all the scary, dark stories. Thank you developers!!!

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 7, 14 1:58 AM
if anything changes drastically later on today when i play some more, I will edit this, but I have played FIVE minutes into the demo & I already quit & closed in order to BUY this. Heck yes.
I'm so excited to see what looks to be a "real" game, like the ones you see everywhere else outside of here. Yessss!! I will pay full price for this gladly.

Immediate edit: SHOOT. Just saw one of the comments above mine & someone mentioned something about HOPAs. Does that mean this isnt a real game? AKA is it really just another hidden object thing?

Edited on 05/07/2014 at 1:59:07 AM PST

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on May 7, 14 2:25 AM
Hi Yaelle,

It is definitely not a HOPA, its an adventure game. There are a few times you need to collect things but that's it.
I got the game when it first came out and loved it!
Now, like some others, I'm waiting to see if there is more to the game than when originally (mistakenly) released.!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on May 7, 14 10:45 AM
After I reviewed just 12 minutes of this game I found it fit LovetoMissLisa's criteria of “PORK BELLY” May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

Just couldn't find anything to like about it. A definite NO BUY!!!!!!!

debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by debraljensen on May 7, 14 11:27 AM
ok question ?
Is there a game that has better graphics or as cute as this for adults.
im buying

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on May 7, 14 1:22 PM
I find the game very adorable. The graphics are great and it is quite different from what we have had in awhile. love it

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 7, 14 3:21 PM
Well bat's wings and witch's brew! Where was I on May 1 that I did not see this little gem? Oh, that's right - I was reviewing a horrible CE and missed this little cup of magnificent witch´s brew . I would have demoed this one instead, but -Poof! through a BF magic potion and vanishing act, it disappeared only to reappear today. I absolutely love this adventure game by a truly awesome "Shaman." Come to think of it - being a shaman, we better check what is in that witch's brew.

What a superb adventure game! You play a "appearance challenged" witch (This girl is no Glinda, but she probably has a nice personality and is certainly amply endowed in other areas) looking for a fiancé. Trying in vain to get Prince Alex to marry her, through spell work - Abracadabra! She changes him into a frog! (Personally, I think he looks better as a frog ). Poor Prince Alex will remain a frog until he decides to marry her instead of Princess Iris. (Why would a beautiful princess like Iris want to marry this dude anyway? Maybe he has some unknown great assets! ) All of this could be avoided. Actually I have the perfect mate for her. I know a dude who so wants a "significant other" and thinks I am playing "hard to get." And of course he is so right. I am playing so "hard to get" him out of my life and into someone else's life. This would solve my "major problem." I would love to get these two together and she would never have to turn him into a frog. I bet just one kiss will turn him into the prince of her dreams.

LOVE THIS GAME! (Is that big enough for you?) . This game is eerily reminiscent of another dev's adventure games. Do the words "islands, monkeys and pirates" ring any bells to all of you adventure game fans? Could it be? Could they have hired some poor underpaid game designer from another company? Anyway, dev, this game is a much needed step up from your previous games. The graphics are cartoonish with brilliant graphics. The humor is hilarious and you will laugh throughout the game. Yes, my little HOPA fans, I hate to inform you that this game does not have any junk piles in which you search for inventory items. There are three levels of play which I though unnecessary considering it is an adventure game. The puzzles are not too terribly difficult, although I did spend some time on the "snake puzzle." I rate the game 7 stars out of 5 stars for an SE. And it can be bought for the price of a well-known company's "chai latte." Cool!

Edited on 05/07/2014 at 3:27:59 PM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on May 7, 14 4:16 PM
Different ? Good

I totally lost interest after 15 minutes so I won't write a "full review."

The first puzzle did not inspire. The game lags at every scene.

As for the story, why doesn't the witch just make herself beautiful? Problem solved.

Buy this for your children - if you must.

Go to: