Please post your TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 1, 14 12:35 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 7:39:54 AM PST

handyfr
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by handyfr on May 1, 14 6:20 AM
Game won't download! Website keep giving me 'page will not display' errors. Help pages do the same thing! Keep receiving Game Manager errors also!!!

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on May 1, 14 7:43 AM
G'day,

Thanks for getting this started for us pondprowler and for adding our usual post.
For extra visibility I'll still post our one with the links and colours

handyfr if you're seeing errors on the site and in the Big Fish Games app, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app to be sure that everything is running as expected.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on May 1, 14 7:58 AM
Ugh, I don't know what's going on with this game, but it's completely sluggish. I'm on Windows 8 and I've never seen this problem before. I turned off all custom items, cursor, put the special effects to zero but it's still very very slow and choppy. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still reacting the same way. Anyone having these issues besides me? Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm at 1360x768 screen resolution.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 1, 14 11:25 AM
I'm having the same problem as Flaxin but using Win7. Game is slow and jerky.

I only seem to have this issue with this particular devs games and also only since I switched to Win7. All Elephant games ran flawlessly when I was using Vista.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 1, 14 11:58 AM
Hi flaxin and angelfish106,

I'm sorry to see you've been having issues with the game acting jerky or sluggish.

If you would like some information to troubleshoot problems like these, please click on the blue link below for some steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to help look into that.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on May 1, 14 9:50 PM
Maybe Angelfish wants to do that Dr. Felix stuff but I set it up on my Windows 8 laptop and had no problem with it there. No clue whats going on with my PC as to why it's now giving me errors, etc. Wishing ya luck Angelfish.

Lillie1
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Lillie1 on May 2, 14 7:41 AM
Bought the game and now it does not boot up. Managed very nicely before I paid for it grrrrrrr
sheesh

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows Collector's Editio

[Post New]by snazzyone on May 4, 14 6:48 PM
If I didn't lock the inventory right at the beginning of the game play, I couldn't access it during game play.

Edited on 05/04/2014 at 8:41:01 PM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on May 4, 14 8:38 PM
Game downloads and then won't install

[Post New]by SORELOISE on May 5, 14 2:30 PM
Royal Detective
I reinstall it twice and had a hard time getting it to work...still cannot it won't open to play. Too bad such an interesting game and I guess it is worse when it is in the middle of it! Please help

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on May 9, 14 12:12 PM
Another BF game I play with no problems in the trial, but as soon as I pay and downoad, it's sluggish. #notahappycamper

[Post New]by sw8_one on May 9, 14 7:04 PM
Same issue. Sluggish and choppy. I didn't even get past the menu, just exited out when nothing would speed up the graphics, not even my game booster software that I use for graphic intense games :/

[Post New]by sw8_one on May 10, 14 1:37 PM
Well, since tech support still hasn't gotten back to me, I figure they haven't gotten to anyone else either. What worked for me:
I have the ioBit software for enhancing performance. I ran the game booster, didn't work. So I checked the driver booster, needed to update my processor and sound card. Did that. Then I opened up my NVidia graphics software, checked for updates to that and installed. Ran the smart defrag just to be safe and freed up a couple mb's of space. Game opens and runs perfectly now.

I would suggest for anyone having lagging issues, check your drivers and update them. The other stuff is just performance boosters that aren't absolutely necessary, but they can help.

mollycottles
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by mollycottles on May 21, 14 7:21 AM
very very sluggish takes me soooo long to do anything. I don't understand why its lagging so bad any help would be great. Im not good at computer stuff so tell me so I can fix it easy lol sorry and Thanks for any help

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Queen of Shadows Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Valkara on Jun 3, 14 11:44 PM
flaxin wrote:Ugh, I don't know what's going on with this game, but it's completely sluggish. I'm on Windows 8 and I've never seen this problem before. I turned off all custom items, cursor, put the special effects to zero but it's still very very slow and choppy. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it's still reacting the same way. Anyone having these issues besides me? Does anyone know how to fix it? I'm at 1360x768 screen resolution.

Same here. I'm deleting it. No sale.

Go to: