Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 1, 14 12:36 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 7:56:58 AM PST

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Witch's Pranks: Frog's Fortune here

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 1, 14 1:48 AM
Very cute game. But it is way to hard to navigate. The cursor has a mind of it's own. Switched to the other cursor same problem. Also there is a lag time moving from one scene to the other. I just know that at some point this game is going to freeze up. What is it with all of these games that don't work? There has been like 5 in the last month.

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on May 1, 14 2:13 AM
Robilyn wrote:Very cute game. But it is way to hard to navigate. The cursor has a mind of it's own. Switched to the other cursor same problem. Also there is a lag time moving from one scene to the other. I just know that at some point this game is going to freeze up. What is it with all of these games that don't work? There has been like 5 in the last month.[/quote

I agree. I changed cursers but both have a tendancy to wander. Pity as it looks to be a fun game, and once again I have CC's to use, and hoped this would be one I could use them on. It's not just the occasional game anymore but most games now seem to have some problem with them. I used to be able to download a game and never give it a thought but now I sit and think what will be wrong this time. Come on BF what's going on. SE games are in short supply as it is (to use CCs on) without them having glitches as well.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on May 1, 14 7:21 AM
This would be a lovely game if only the curser worked, my system curser doesn't perform properly either. A real shame, is their anything you can recommend to fix the problem?. Reading the other posts I am not the only experiencing these problems

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 1, 14 7:56 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on May 2, 14 10:00 PM
I have already done everything on the list and the game is messed up. Thanks. I hope you get it fixed pronto. There aren't many games to use my credits on.

Cursor -- same as others have said -- it's unresponsive

[Post New]by SusanTriangle on May 7, 14 1:31 AM
I also had the slow / wandering cursor problem, both with the custom and regular (system) cursor. That's a deal-breaker for me. I didn't play for more than a few minutes, because of the frustration. I sure couldn't play the entire game like that! Too bad -- the game looked like a lot of fun. I hope the Tech Support people are monitoring this thread and have a fix in the works.

gameswolf
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gameswolf on May 7, 14 2:47 AM
The game crashes aprox. every 10 minutes. "Fatal Errorr". Otherwise it runs good. I have a top gaming comp with a very good graphic card so it must be this game. It has never happened with any other game that I own before

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on May 7, 14 5:19 AM
I also had an issue with the cursor. I always turn the custom cursor off and once in a great while there will be a game that still has a dragging cursor, but never to this degree. I've already got the most recent drivers for my graphics card, so I don't think there's anything else I can do. I could barely get the cursor to respond enough to exit the game. It's a shame, because it looks like a fun game.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 7, 14 8:51 AM
Game downloaded fine, but would not play past the title page. I didn't get a chance to see if the custom cursor was squirrly or not. The game looked like one I would really like as it appears to be something different. It's those "something different" games that I seem to have more trouble with at times. Very disappointed! I hope it can be fixed.

kboozer
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kboozer on May 7, 14 9:25 AM
The curser sucks.....that's all I can say. The game would be great with a curser fix. So......fix it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coqa
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by coqa on May 7, 14 9:43 AM
Cursor 'drunk'!! So slow and wandering. Usually solved by taking off custom cursor but not this time. Shame as it looks a good game. Seems a lot of people have same problem. Lets hope it this means an early answer.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on May 7, 14 11:35 AM
My game freezes in the same spot each time...it is the puzzle that has the 6 blue crystals. My computer is up to date and runs great on other games including the large file. This looked like a fun game but is a no buy for me. No problem with the cursor

Edited on 05/07/2014 at 11:36:13 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on May 7, 14 2:22 PM
same issue with the cursor. it lags whether you use the game cursor or your system cursor.

it's a shame because i would have bought the game but unless the cursor issue is fixed i won't be buying.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on May 7, 14 3:21 PM
On the screen where you collect crystal pieces to put in the book, after the crystals are collected and assembled , they disappear in my inventory completely. I get a glove icon showing that they are there, and instructions to put them in the book, but I cannot pick them up because they aren't there!

And my cursor lags, but I figured that's because the graphics are rich.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Penguin29 on May 7, 14 3:22 PM
played for a while in the free hour trial... no issues at all. Then I bought it... MAYBE A MISTAKE... it has crashed twice on me now.. I got farther into the game when I was playing the free trial. please fix.

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on May 7, 14 5:25 PM
Crashed with black screen had to manually shut computer. Deleted and re-downloaded on re-release. Couldn't even get it going. Used windows compatibility troubleshooter was able to get it to work, but same problem happened again. I am really jealous other people are able to play. It was so fun while it lasted.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on May 7, 14 5:40 PM
This game looks like fun but it froze up on me in the first five minutes. Three times! I tried restarting the computer, uninstall game then reinstalling it, and nothing worked. With all the complaints on this game, surely it is not all of our computers that is the problem. I am on a Windows 8 system (PC) and all is well with it as far as your suggestions to fix this problem. Also using latest version of IE. All of your other games play fine. Let all of us know when the kinks are out so we can try the game again, please.

Edited on 05/17/2014 at 1:31:11 PM PST

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on May 7, 14 6:34 PM
I downloaded and it said trial expired Really wanted to try it to.

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 8, 14 4:45 AM
I played maybe 20-30 mins. of the demo with no seeming technical problems, but and this is a big but -- the second scene in the game after we leave the first area of imprisonment and go into the next scene, the color and picture were totally off -- greens and reds in a slightly doubled, blurred, kind of caricature look. When I zoomed in on various areas to explore they were fine, normal, but as soon as I zoomed out, back to the the very strange red and green color with indistinct, doubled shapes. At first I thought this was some sort of special effect, but I realized something was wrong. I certainly would be hesitant to get a game with this kind of problem. My computer, by the way, is a one year old HP Envy with Windows 8, and, as far as I know, everything is up to date. I've never seen an effect like this before.

Go to: