Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Epidemic Regression

[Post New]by Fury161 on May 1, 14 1:03 AM
I'm angry for supplements of collectors,I love it and it is my favorite,Ers did not include scenes of objects and mini-games in the last Grim Facade and Elephant for several games no longer includes the secret room,without going to create one each time,they could at least include a simple way like many others do,quality and fun are always present but do not forget the players who collectors love with supplements that prolongs the pleasure.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

Re:Epidemic Regression

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 1, 14 4:09 AM
I agree. So disappointed ERS's last Grim Facade had no option to view cutscenes either! That should be a standard CE feature too. ERS & Elephant are leaders in good CE content IMO, so it's distressing when CE versions drop from a high standard re extras included. (I'm one who even enjoys the concept art.)

Edited on 05/01/2014 at 4:13:34 AM PST

Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Fury161 on May 1, 14 4:50 AM
Yes,it's true ! The price does not bother me absolutely,it is normal to be remunerated for work and respect it,sometimes I am disgusted to see the reaction of some players who say that the content does not interest them,as passionate and as for movies,music ...I want to enjoy inhérants supplements that I love,I am disappointed that the developers did not take into account the desires of real gamers !

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on May 1, 14 5:06 AM
Fury you're confusing me. If you love it so much why are you angry?!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 1, 14 5:16 AM
I like saveable concept art and wallpapers too, Janie, I make nifty screensavers with all my favourite games in them and sometimes, just watch them. Kind of like meditation

But I have always wondered what it is that people would like about replaying the cut scenes. Do you do that immediately after you complete the game, to make the fun last longer? Or do you play the cut scenes again some other time, just to relive the feeling? Or is it something else entirely?

I too miss the secret room Fury. I thought that was the best new idea in CE extras in the time I've been playing them (2 years). I hope that Elephant will bring it back.

But, even without these bonuses, I still just have to have the CE of this game. Elephant never disappoint when it comes to wallpapers! And the concept art on this game is just wonderful.

Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Fury161 on May 1, 14 5:30 AM
Of course I love wallpapers,music...but I aprécient redo scenes of objects and mini-games,they are really cool and I'm angry because Elephant who had taken used to make a secret room will not make more recent games and Ers also apparently decided to do the minimum as before.

tvjunkies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by tvjunkies on May 1, 14 7:02 AM
This whole game disappoints me...why does everything have to be about death, skulls, bones, witches, yuck. The first game was just delightful and I gave it to my young nieces to play...not this one.

What a big disappointment!

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 1, 14 7:29 AM
Hi Fury, I know it is disappointing when we see the CE content disappear. Like JTF, I enjoy many of the wallpapers and will put them on my screen because the artwork is so lovely. It now looks like some devs such as Elephant and ERS are branching out with BFG to the reach the young addictive mobile crowd with the F2P genre games. So I don't think it leaves them much time or energy to include really terrific extras in their CEs. BFG and the devs see the F2P games as cash cows and BFG needs to rebuild its business after flushing the pond. If you ever look at the statistics in the game forum on how many views there were on games in the past you will see that they were most always upwards of 10,000 views while now the views will maybe reach 5,000 but most often are only around 1,500.

I remember a time when the first CE came out and it only included the bonus game and the SG that we would have to purchase separately if we needed the extra help. I thought it was terrific that the SG was included right inside the game. Then some devs started including the flashy extras in the CEs and the whole CE thing really took flight. Now it seems that the devs are moving backwards to eliminate most of the extras - ahhh, how painful change can be. But it definitely looks like many of the newer CEs are taking a step back as far as the extra content is concerned.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on May 1, 14 9:21 AM
Too much bling if you ask me! Who cares if you get a award for collecting all the collectables? It is one thing when it would serve a purpose to being able to complete the game with a puzzle or to be able to play the bonus round. It makes it more of a challenge. I am not in grade school anymore where I need to be told of how great of a job I am doing playing the game. It does make it more of an arcade game and takes away from the adventure aspect of the game. I just want a well made game for adults!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 1, 14 10:00 AM
I just like everything to look and sound good, with a story I can follow. The appeal for me in achievements and extras like collectibles is the fun of doing nothing vital to the game while having a good excuse to dawdle and absorb the scenery.

What it comes down to, is it is nice to have a lot of different sorts of things to do in a location. I've only once every got all the achievements, so I never am one to get worked up about them, but I love the Eipix extra gameplay where I can find the collectibles I missed, and the souvenir rooms, so I can wind down gently and reenter the real world, which after a really good game, I am reluctant to do.

Somehow, I don't think that all made sense Anyway, works for me lol

Fury161
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Fury161 on May 1, 14 10:41 AM
Biscuitsmama cuckoo,I'm not attracted by the F2P and then we do not have in France for the moment,I really like the current games and I will be unhappy if they were more there be,I love supplements and I hope that the developers will still take into account the desires of enthusiasts,I remember that Ers is my great love was also included coloring in Azada : Elementa and my daughter had love and she also loves to repeat the mini-games that are in different sets of solid.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 1, 14 11:49 AM
For me the CE extra's like wallpapers and music are just pointless. I never have music on in any game so don't want to save it. As for wallpapers, they invariably have the name of the game on them; sorry but I have no desire to look at pictures with advertising stuck on them, no matter how pretty they are. Thanks but I'll keep my Titanic wallpaper, which I haven't changed for about 3 years!

Collectibles are ok but I find them a distraction sometimes. Replaying HOS? Not something I want to pay extra for. Replaying puzzles? Maybe but again not really worth extra money. Concept art is perhaps more interesting but is it worth paying more for? Not for me. So I'm left with the SG and the bonus chapter to validate paying twice the price. And in the demo of this game I didn't look at the SG once. Now I'm down to just the bonus chapter for double the price.

Hence I have virtually stopped buying CE's unless the game is exceptional. Unfortunately this game isn't and it runs slow and jerky to boot, as have all Elephant games since I switched from Vista to Win 7.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on May 1, 14 12:07 PM
I've only done a portion of the trial, but I stopped just to be sure this was actually a new Royal Detective game. Is any one else feeling deja vu? Right off the bat there's the "spider tree stump scared of fire", and the scenes look so much like the last game!
Am I alone here?

Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on May 2, 14 3:46 PM
shripch wrote:I've only done a portion of the trial, but I stopped just to be sure this was actually a new Royal Detective game. Is any one else feeling deja vu? Right off the bat there's the "spider tree stump scared of fire", and the scenes look so much like the last game!
Am I alone here?

I actually signed on to find out if this was actually new or not so you are not alone. Major deja vu.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on May 2, 14 4:51 PM
Cala4Lily wrote:
shripch wrote:I've only done a portion of the trial, but I stopped just to be sure this was actually a new Royal Detective game. Is any one else feeling deja vu? Right off the bat there's the "spider tree stump scared of fire", and the scenes look so much like the last game!
Am I alone here?

I actually signed on to find out if this was actually new or not so you are not alone. Major deja vu.

Thank you! I'm not nuts!

Go to: