What daft things do YOU do?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

What daft things do YOU do?

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 1, 14 9:28 AM
Yesterday I was busy crafting an Artifact of Infinity so I could get more coins for another spin of the wheel, what item were you trying for do I hear you ask? Well, I was trying to get an Artifact of Infinity!

I was just doing a HOS in the Tavern a few minutes ago when I found myself clicking on the names of the items I was supposed to be finding!

Do you think I have been playing this game too long?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:What daft things do YOU do?

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 1, 14 9:55 AM
My daft thing was to use the "find path" for an item and then sneezed - mouse slipped and I clicked on the purchase item by mistake. Cost for sneezing...150 diamonds. The look on my face was probably priceless.

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on May 1, 14 9:58 AM
I really wish they had a "confirm" button for diamond purchases!!! They do for sending gifts so why not diamonds? It seems like a very slimy move on the devs part!

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on May 1, 14 10:18 AM
playing Whack-a-Mole ( or Hamster- whatever it is) in the Skulls we should get points or something Dru

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on May 1, 14 11:36 AM
My biggest mistake to date was on a quest for a simple Pang of Conscience. I had completed crafting the Pang but must have forgotten what I was doing at the moment. Rather than accept the reward for completing the quest, I went to Six Paws and used the Pang to get one of those yellow star things...don't know what it's called. I was totally shocked until I realized that, no doubt, I will have to use it for the next Bow Figurine. But I did feel a bit dumb!!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 1, 14 11:57 AM
awalkinglady wrote:My biggest mistake to date was on a quest for a simple Pang of Conscience. I had completed crafting the Pang but must have forgotten what I was doing at the moment. Rather than accept the reward for completing the quest, I went to Six Paws and used the Pang to get one of those yellow star things...don't know what it's called. I was totally shocked until I realized that, no doubt, I will have to use it for the next Bow Figurine. But I did feel a bit dumb!!

OK you win !

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 1, 14 12:07 PM
drew248 wrote:playing Whack-a-Mole ( or Hamster- whatever it is) in the Skulls we should get points or something Dru

We'll have no talk of whacking moles here if you don't mind Dru!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 1, 14 12:28 PM
Laughing with cynth

Silver_Hawk, I'm surprised that you can smile after that one. 150 diamonds...ouch.

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on May 1, 14 6:14 PM
cynththemoler wrote:
drew248 wrote:playing Whack-a-Mole ( or Hamster- whatever it is) in the Skulls we should get points or something Dru

We'll have no talk of whacking moles here if you don't mind Dru!

Sorry Cynth- no Moles shall be harmed in this Game. how bout whack-a-Rat?

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 1, 14 8:55 PM
I can go for whack-a-rat, although I'd prefer whack-a-woodchuck. I know, we don't have them in the game (yet), but I've got one who breeds under a big rock in my backyard. For those of you who don't know them, they're fat and eat anything growing. Not fun when trying to garden.
As far as being daft, probably the worst I've done is clicking on the sell button for pet food instead of clicking on the pet to switch to it. I've had to wait to feed my pets more than once because I've just sold their dinner.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 1, 14 9:04 PM
rosiebvt wrote:I can go for whack-a-rat, although I'd prefer whack-a-woodchuck. I know, we don't have them in the game (yet), but I've got one who breeds under a big rock in my backyard. For those of you who don't know them, they're fat and eat anything growing. Not fun when trying to garden.
As far as being daft, probably the worst I've done is clicking on the sell button for pet food instead of clicking on the pet to switch to it. I've had to wait to feed my pets more than once because I've just sold their dinner.

I think we've all done that one .

I have a lot of black walnut trees and the woodchucks who live just 50 feet away from my 2500 sq ft garden prefer the walnut leaves and leave my garden alone. My problem is with the grasshoppers and japanese beetles.

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on May 2, 14 4:49 PM
rosiebyt whats a wood chuck? Arh Arh.please friend 223498 Good Questing Drr

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on May 3, 14 9:17 PM
Haven't done anything stupid yet but I am always worried when I go to my inventory that I might sell one of my eggs by mistake. We should have an extra folder just for eggs since they move up and down the inventory depending on how many you got

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 4, 14 1:58 PM
Looked ahead to see what the next part of the daily quest was.

Then went ahead and did it (feed pet and send airship) before clicking on the gnome to complete the previous quest. Now there's not enough time to complete the full 10 parts unless I use diamond to recall the airship early.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 4, 14 2:17 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Looked ahead to see what the next part of the daily quest was.

Then went ahead and did it (feed pet and send airship) before clicking on the gnome to complete the previous quest. Now there's not enough time to complete the full 10 parts unless I use diamond to recall the airship early.

I've done that ! Now I don't feel so silly since I'm not the only one.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 4, 14 2:22 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
TiramaSue wrote:Looked ahead to see what the next part of the daily quest was.

I've done that ! Now I don't feel so silly since I'm not the only one.

Alas, I've done most of the things listed.

Accidentally sold something from inventory, accidentally bought something with diamonds.

Clicked on pet and fed it when I meant to click on daily quest gnome.

Been in the middle of doing a HO scene, noticed that I had more than 5 crystal balls and/or wands, clicked on them to sell them and was surprised when they were used to find things in the HO.

mizzelle
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by mizzelle on May 4, 14 7:47 PM
My big one is opening up another quest hoping for an easy one to get through while I struggle with Yet Another Trip to the Bow Figurine only to find... you guessed it... I shouldda stuck with the one quest as much as it pains me.

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on May 6, 14 1:57 AM
sat for 2 1/2 mins looking for the last object then finding it right under the courser the whole d---n time boy did i feel foolish

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 6, 14 6:56 AM
Dru,
I think you're up there in the top 3! I don't wait more than 15 sec or so before I use a crystal ball.

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on May 6, 14 11:18 AM
rosie
i probally should too-after all i've got 68 of them and 75 wands maybe want to save them though for IF i ever get out of lev 21 into new territory Stupid bow figure!! ARGH!!!

Go to: