A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/02/2014 at 8:36:33 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Fear For Sale: Phantom Tide here

[Post New]by jennsmom on May 2, 14 5:08 AM
The CE was a very enjoyable game. It had a slightly different story line, nice graphics, good puzzles, and I wanted to know what happened to the mother! Unfortunately, the dreaded Access Violation did me in. I'll be watching the reviews and the tech thread here to see if people have the same problem with the SE. If not, I would purchase the SE because that's how interested I was in the game and story.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 2, 14 8:32 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Fear For Sale: Phantom Tide here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Fear For Sale: Phantom Tide.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on May 2, 14 4:33 PM

Phantom Tide Washes Little Ashore

You play a detective who is investigating the apparent death of a woman who saw something strange near a dam, but then seemed to die suspiciously before she could report it. Her husband and daughter have since been tormented by strangely-acting water, which spews out of all sorts of places like walls. They live in a house that is literally in the shadow of the dam.

Other than the water, which is well-animated and seems to truly have a life of its own, there is nothing else which stands out about this game. The voices are done well enough, but the drawing is only average at best. It is really not up to the highest standards of premium games. Everything appears almost flat - although colorful. It gives the game an older feel, despite the animated water effects.

Game play is also pretty standard with the exception that you get a special shell that is able to control the water's behavior at times. Other than that, there is the usual array of puzzles and hidden object scenes.

This is an average, at best, game. I cannot fathom (heh) the good reviews for this game unless there is something I am not "sea-ing" (groan).

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 27, 14 10:48 PM
steve_san wrote:Other than the water, which is well-animated and seems to truly have a life of its own, there is nothing else which stands out about this game. The voices are done well enough, but the drawing is only average at best. It is really not up to the highest standards of premium games. Everything appears almost flat - although colorful. It gives the game an older feel, despite the animated water effects.
If this comes out as a DD or COTW, I might get it. Otherwise, no.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jun 10, 14 6:09 PM
it has mostly all been seen and done before!

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Aug 1, 14 2:24 PM
I don't buy games unless the first few minutes are interesting enough to capture some imagination.

So, it started off quite well. Then it just deteriorated right through until the end when it was just one HOG after another to fill in the ending.

Too heavy on HOGS, too light on adventure, nothing captivating about it after all.

Such a shame because, overall, this series hasn't been too bad.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 27, 14 9:17 AM
Another "paranormal investigator solves a murder" game. I played the demo because it seemed like a good game and I enjoy this series, then purchased it and never got back to playing until this morning. I found the game enjoyable enough, but not an "edge of your seat" game.

Transporter map was a very good one and the voice-overs OK once you got used to them....they always seemed a bit hysterical. Animations and graphics were very good but there were a lot of very tedious mini games that I skipped, (thanks to a very fast skip recharge)...almost entirely. HOS were actually interesting to play as they were interactive and I actually had to use the HINT (which refreshed very quickly) on them and there were a number of them. There appeared to be an alternate game if you don't like HOS.

I wouldn't call this a long game, but an OK length considering the game-play. In a few places it didn't seem like the game flowed really well, but that was minor. I kept forgetting about the water shell and so stumbled a bit until I remembered it. duh.

I give this game a 3+ out of 5 since I wasn't biting at the bit for it to end and it was a challenge at times. I would recommend as some soft game play on a rainy afternoon.

Go to: