shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

What is your problem, Big Fish?

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 2, 14 11:11 AM
The developer of this game is willing to address the technical issues both Mac and PC players have experienced. But, their hands are tied to release fixes without being contacted by Big Fish.

So, what's your problem, Big Fish?? Too busy focusing on F2P games, FaceBook, or your new audience, to give heed to requests from players of PC / Mac download games?

Why bother to have these game forums? Why look like you are interested and than not follow through? Your mods do not respond to PMs, your customer support sends generic responses. In mine I was told "I'm unable to confirmed specific this issue reported or escalated.". Not so, several Mac users reported.

Clearly the issues with both the Mac and PC versions of Cadenza are not universal, but there are enough of them to warrant attention. In the case of the Mac, every player, on different machines, running different configurations, in different operating systems, is reporting the exact same issue.

The developer cares. What skin is it off your nose to give them the go ahead for a fix?

Yes, I am angry.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

Re:What is your problem, Big Fish?

[Post New]by swedane on May 2, 14 2:55 PM
I was pretty stoked when I learned the games developers are willing to look into both the Mac & PC game issues. However, my glee soon faded.

Some of us Mac player sent our Apple crash report to the game developers. Hoping it would help them in determining the problems. In order for this problem to go away, BIG FISH needs to ask the developers to come up with a solution & in turn issue a PATCH. How about it BIG FISH ??

I have personally written BigFish twice, but never received an answer back.

I'm curious as to why the Mac version is still being promoted, when Big Fish knows the game is unplayable on the MAC?

A very disappointed Big Fish customer.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Re:What is your problem, Big Fish?

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 10, 14 8:15 PM
Cadenza -- 58 Tech Thread Posts
Phenomenon Outcome -- 27 Tech Thread Posts

THERE ARE MORE THAN DOUBLE THE NUMBER OF POSTS IN THE TECH ISSUES THREAD FOR CADENZA. THEY COME FROM BOTH MAC AND PC USERS. THE MAC ISSUE IS A SINGULAR ONE -- THE SAME FOR EACH PLAYER, REGARDLESS THE MAC OR OPERATING SYSTEM. I KNOW THE MAC PLAYERS HAVE NOTIFIED CUSTOMER SERVICE TO NO AVAIL..THE ISSUE IS STACK OVERFLOW. IT CAUSES THE DEMO / GAME TO QUIT BEFORE IT FINISHES OPENING. IT WILL HAPPEN ON SOME MACS AND NOT OTHERS, BUT IT HAS WAY MORE TO DO WITH THE GAME PROGRAMMING THAN ANY INDIVIDUAL CONFIGURATION. IT IS A PROBLEM THAT CAN BE RESEARCHED. THE PC ISSUES WERE VARIED, SOME SIMILAR IN NATURE TO THE ONES POSTED FOR PHENOMENON.

SO I ASK…
WHY DID PHENOMENON OUTCOME GET SUCH QUICK ATTENTION, GET ELEVATED TO NOTIFYING THE DEVELOPER, GET A FIX DELIVERED IN 5 DAYS, WHILE CADENZA HAS GOTTEN NO SUCH ATTENTION????

YES, I AM SHOUTING LOUDLY!! WHY? REASONABLE REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION HAVE BEEN IGNORED.

ETA -- The devs apparently take a lot of pride in their product -- so much so that they worked on fixes for both the Mac and PC versions because their players asked them to. Maybe you, BFG, are just waiting to issue both updates at the same time. So, when will it happen?

Edited on 05/12/2014 at 11:27:29 PM PST

Go to: