Wheel Spinners who win

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Wheel Spinners who win

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 2, 14 11:15 AM
I really need to know how you wheel spinner winners do it. Is there a procedure that you use?

Do you find that once you leave the wheel you can not get what you want? Do you leave and come back multiple times?

What's your usual spin number that you finally win your item?

Does the wheel catching and stuttering make a differnce to your win ratio?

I won a nice item today after 6 spins. I spent the rest of my coins trying to get another to share to no avail. I'm happy to have the one item but pretty deflated to have lost all my coins. I'm afraid that any more attempts later will fail.

Can you share any tips. I feel that I should stop.

Re:Wheel Spinners who win

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 2, 14 11:32 AM
Amerzone, I thought you were the one who taught us to wait til the star is in the twelve o'clock position and the item you want is in the eight o'clock position. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that was you. Anyway, this is what I do. It's still a gamble, but I usually end up winning more than I lose. Rosiebvt had an excellent wheel day yesterday, but it could 40,000 coins. I don't even have that much.

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on May 2, 14 11:34 AM
I find that again, like everything else in this game it is very random. Some days I am able to spin and get several of the items I want in very few spins and I might get several with multiple other spins. .I consider that my lucky day and if I was smart I would go buy a lottery ticket..LOL Other days I have had something really good and no matter how many times I would spin I would never get it, but of course it was there calling me to go back, time after time and I still wouldnt get it...so I pretty much set a limit for myself that if I didnt win it after the spin cost 1000 coins I would walk away and not go back. After walking away, I found that it became easier to win things the next time something great was on my wheel. I figure they will use the wheel to try and grab all your coins..so just have strong willpower to not give in no matter how great the item is.

Most days I have just junk on the wheel and I will spin no more than 2 times, just cause I like spinning it...LOL Now with some of the Daily Quests asking you to spin the wheel, of course I will spin then no matter what is on the wheel or how much it costs.

But I think that every body will have lucky and very unlucky days on the wheel, and just setting a limit for yourself whatever it is..will make it easier if you dont win, instead of losing all your hard earned coins!!!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 2, 14 11:34 AM
There was the trick to have the star at 12:00 and the item needed at 8:00 or 11:00 depending on your particular game. But since the update it changed.

For my game it's to have the Star or Wand at 12:00 and the item desired at 3:00. I'll get at least three desired items won at this method then it gets random again.

I generally stop spinning when the cost reaches 1000, but if I really want more then I'll keep spinning until I feel I've spent enough whether or not I actually get any more. It really depends on what is on the wheel and how important (or time saving) it is.

I have spent over 74,000 coins to win 5 pangs of conscience. To me it was worth it.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 2, 14 12:00 PM
I got the 8 o'clock trick from someone else and probably just passed it along.

I have found with the new update that I get mostly items from the right side of the wheel...1 through 5 o'clock. With me it doesn't seem to matter what is at the 12 o'clock position as long as my item is on the right side.

I really have no confidence that I can win another. I think it will be a waste to try.

LynthePin
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by LynthePin on May 2, 14 12:44 PM
A TIP

If you get a dream wheel one day and spend your max on it, but just miss out on the stuff you really wanted, you can keep the contents of that wheel for the next day.

Just go back to the dream wheel just before it gets daily refreshed and open it. Watch the timer count down to zero. The next spin will be your free one and the next one 100 and so on, and the items on the wheel do not refresh.

So you get a second chance at the same wheel.

BUT

Once you get that dream item and close the wheel, it will refresh and you will get new items, but the cost of each spin does not reset to zero. So if your last spin on the dream wheel cost 1000 say, the new wheel's first spin will cost 1100.

If you ever get a dream wheel, this is worth doing.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 2, 14 1:12 PM
LynthePin, that is one terrific hint. I will definitely keep that in mind.

Guess what is on my Wheel today? Demon's Seal, Valuable Trophy and Crystal of Twilight. Really! I'm on Level 22. Crystal of Twilight, ok, but they're easy to get. Something really big for helping with the bow figurine and six paws would be great. But the Demon's Seal. What do I need that for? I waited half the day for the wheel to change items for nothing. Sooooo disappointing! Haven't had anything exciting for a long, long time.

Edited on 05/02/2014 at 1:15:55 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 2, 14 1:18 PM
whitebutterfly54 wrote: But the Demon's Seal. What do I need that for? I waited half the day for the wheel to change items for nothing. Sooooo disappointing! Haven't had anything exciting for a long, long time.

Actually you DO want the Demon's Seal it's to open up the Secret Slab in the Mystery Chamber where you find the Keeper of Wishes. To get other items used in crafting. Another multi step item getting - but is WAY better than the murderous Bow Figurine.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 2, 14 1:29 PM
But the Demon's Seal is really easy to craft. I made several of them when I was going after the crafting achievement. I want some of harder bow figurine and/or six-paws items on the wheel to make it a little easier to get through them.

I'm not trying to nitpick, but at least one difficult item to craft along with the easier stuff would be very much appreciated. I would much rather have an Astral Protection or Warlocks Ritual or Pang of Conscience than the Demon's Seal.

Oh well, that's the luck of the draw...maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 2, 14 2:02 PM
I must say Whitebutterfly54, you have a very valid point.

I used to get those great items on my wheel before hitting level 23. Now I've saved a lot of coins because lately I've only gotten night orchids and torches as the best items on the wheel. I'd rather play the Winter Garden over and over for Live Potions before spending more than a 100 spin to win them.

But I'll send some luck your way that you start getting better stuff.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 2, 14 2:54 PM
My wheel gives me very random stuff. Sometimes the best thing on my wheel is the magic wand. Other times I get the strange looking items that I don't know what they are for...the future, I suppose.

I've only had two superb items on my wheel in the 22 levels that I've been playing and that includes my level 14 game. I had both when I started putting bow figures together. Perhaps you'll get something better soon.

I'm with Silver_Hawk...lots of lucky shamrocks ...and because I like to celebrate .....

MrantboYZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MrantboYZ on May 3, 14 1:28 AM
Thanks everyone for your great info. I put a gun on my wish list and had both of them on the wheel today. I just spent 80.000 everything that I had to get them GUNS I got two of each so HAPPY{ been so fed up with level 21}. I still need guns so will try to keep this wheel for tomorrow. my next spin was 4000 after selling loads I was tempted to have another go but will try Lin-the Pin way tomorrow. Thanks Akidna

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 3, 14 5:18 AM
I was lucky yesterday & got three owl eggs. My top spin was 300 coins. Couldn't believe my luck, a couple of free spins in that lot as well.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 3, 14 5:26 AM
Congrats on the owl eggs

MEash
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MEash on May 3, 14 8:14 AM
Anna, that happened me today. When i looked at the new wheel today i saw the piggy egg. A piggy on the free spin. Waited about an hr. And a piggy egg on the $100 spin. Waited about 2 hrs and a piggy egg on the $200 spin.

Im playing with my family and told them i have extras for them.

The way i play the wheel. Is if i get zip in the first three spins im done until a new wheel starts.
I once got three Rune of Cruelty. I kept spinning and ended up with nine of them.

My thinking is , why not pay for a goodie. It sure beats waiting to go thru the search window a few times before i get what im asked in a quest.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 3, 14 1:50 PM
I cannot believe my eyes, this is the lousiest wheel I've ever had. Not even worth doing past the free spin. I'm so bummed.

I'm going to try putting really big items on my wish list and see if something big pops up on the wheel in the next day or so.

Here's crossing fingers and toes and eyes.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on May 3, 14 4:34 PM
Hi! Have no idea how to win on the WHEEL . I click on the item and say I WANT THAT and I actually get it ..... most times . Today I won WING OF THE EAST (CLICKED ON THAT ) and 2 DEMONIC WHIPS , don't know if I'll need them , but , never know . OHHHH !! Should I mention I also won from the DRAGON 2 times and from Anabelle 1 time .

Edited on 05/03/2014 at 4:35:34 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 3, 14 5:35 PM
Arizona63Tucson wrote:Hi! Have no idea how to win on the WHEEL . I click on the item and say I WANT THAT and I actually get it ..... most times . Today I won WING OF THE EAST (CLICKED ON THAT ) and 2 DEMONIC WHIPS , don't know if I'll need them , but , never know . OHHHH !! Should I mention I also won from the DRAGON 2 times and from Anabelle 1 time .

I won a lemur egg today. Didn't even know what pet it was until I retrieved it. The trick to winning something I'd like when it's in the 3, 8, or 11 o'clock position is still working for me. When I see that nothing is in those positions that I could use, I leave the room and go back in until there is. And I get those items in almost every case.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 3, 14 6:09 PM
Today my wheel has Celestial Hunter, Mechanical Heart, and Punishing Hand, the cheapest worth 850 coins. I have no coins left so craft everything I can, and spin up to 800. I get crystal ball, wands, stamps, and one lone food, even with a free spin. Don't know yet if I'm going to waste another 10,000 coins to try to get something valuable. That's just cruel, but it does make up for my string of luck a couple of days ago,

MrantboYZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by MrantboYZ on May 3, 14 11:01 PM
G'day from Akidna. Thanks Linthepin your little trick worked had to get up at 4.00am but had another go at them guns and got another two. I'm a coming or you Pete guns a blazing.

Go to: