Please post your TECH ISSUES for Phenomenon: Outcome Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 3, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/03/2014 at 9:17:05 AM PST

Bonus game truble

[Post New]by lillamickan on May 3, 14 7:18 AM
After I finished the game I tried to start the bonus game. But it was not the bonus game that started, instead I was back in the original game in the more restricted area. When I press hint the game let me know that I must shut down the power. But the board with the screw is gone and I'm totally stuck.

Edited on 05/03/2014 at 9:50:21 AM PST

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Phenomenon: Outcome Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mary01234 on May 3, 14 7:52 AM
I am stuck as well my hint button is not working i have down loaded the game again but still no good i just cant go on any body got any ideas first download about 3 hours ago i dont like paying for games that i cant play.

from santob04@gmail.com

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re: Please post your TECH ISSUES for Phenomenon: Outcome Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by jaylake on May 3, 14 8:18 AM
I finished the main game then went to the extra game play this took me back into the main game and things I had already completed and inventory items already used appeared back in my inventry and it said I had to finish the main game before I could access the bonus section. I had already finished the game.

I mentioned some time ago that BFG should allow some users to play the game from start to finish to identify this sort of thing. Perhaps a lower price would encourage this.

Glad this was a discounted game, that said I still think I should get the full game

Just thought I would let those who have already raised this matter that you are not alone

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 3, 14 9:16 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 3, 14 9:28 AM
I'm having the exact same problem with the bonus chapter as you jaylake except that in my case the game recognizes that I have finished the main game.

The first time I try to enter the bonus chapter, after completing the main game of course, my laptop crashed big time! After rebooting, I tried to enter it once more and this time it did open bringing me back to the very same locations of the main game. I even found some collectibles placed in the exact same spots! Anyway, I continued playing for a little while, and there were some new tasks indeed in the same areas, but only to find myself at a dead end as eventually the hint button stopped working and all locations in the map appeared locked! I uninstalled/reinstalled the game but nothing came out of it. Apparently, there's something wrong with the bonus chapter. So much for Quality Assurance!

[Post New]by hazelwize16 on May 3, 14 12:20 PM
I WANT I WANT I WANT .... BUT ... not only did the game FREEZE after 10 minutes into the TRIAL but it crashed my entire windows 7/parallels with my imac .... hmmmm ... i am going to try to reinstall ... i did boost my video memory ... but don't know if that is really the problem ... will check back here for further information ... the ARTWORK AND ANIMATION ARE FANTASTIC and i REALLY want to play this one! ... any help would be greatly appreciated

druishprin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by druishprin on May 3, 14 1:44 PM
same problem.Cannot get bonus game to work

Calais30
Minnow
Minnow
281 Posts

[Post New]by Calais30 on May 3, 14 3:33 PM
Great idea jay!

bumble2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bumble2 on May 3, 14 4:33 PM
i am having the same problems finished the game but when went to play the bonus game it froze up . restated the bonus now it tells I have finish the main game but hint is frozen and all I can do is pick up the little green containers can't use the inventory pieces that were part of the main game GRRRRRR HELP

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on May 3, 14 4:43 PM
The bonus game doesn't work. It takes me back into an area already finished, with lots of items in inventory. Hint doesn't work, map doesn't work. I can collect little blue containers; now I have 36/35 containers. Need a fix.

OldLady50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by OldLady50 on May 3, 14 5:24 PM
I very foolishly bought the game without trying it out first. When I try to get into it, the screen flashes back and forth between black and my screen saver, then a message comes up to change my graphics settings. I would if I KNEW WHAT THEY SHOULD BE! Can anyone help??

[Post New]by WiseWeaver on May 3, 14 7:20 PM
I'm stuck in the Tower HOP. I had picked up the screw for the scissors, but had to drop them and leave the game for a while. (Shut down my laptop.) (Windows 7 PC)

When I came back the screw is nowhere to be found and I can't get the mirror from the box on the 1st screen. Has anyone else had this happen?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 4, 14 12:19 AM
For those stuck in BONUS PLAY:

None of you mentioned that you went to the "EXTRAS" menu before you pressed "PLAY", so I'm wondering if you just pressed "PLAY" on the main menu page without going to "EXTRAS" first?

Of course, then you would have had to click "YES" when they asked you if you would like to restart the game from the beginning - stranger things have happened.

I have to admit, it doesn't sound like this is the issue, as you all started over in an area somewhat into the game (as I understand you), but just thought I'd check.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 4, 14 12:36 AM
WiseWeaver wrote:I'm stuck in the Tower HOP. I had picked up the screw for the scissors, but had to drop them and leave the game for a while. (Shut down my laptop.) (Windows 7 PC)

When I came back the screw is nowhere to be found and I can't get the mirror from the box on the 1st screen. Has anyone else had this happen?
Hi WiseWeaver! Welcome to the pond!!

I didn't have this issue, but I'm not sure I'm clear on exactly what happened? You didn't mention whether you put together the two pieces of scissors first, but you do say you picked up the screw - had you placed them on the scissors? Your choice of pronoun is a little confusing for me - you say you "had to drop them", so was it the screw you dropped? Are the scissors still hanging up in your HOP? Is the other half still hanging under the purse, or is it attached to the other half? Are the scissors still in yellow on your list?

If both halves of your scissors are still there, but the screw is missing, this may indeed be a glitch due to stopping in the middle of an activity. The good news is that you are still very early in the game, so it shouldn't take you too long to start over under a new player name and get right back to this HOP! You still might want to send a report in to tech support and let them know this has occurred.

The mirror cannot be picked up until you have the completed the 2nd HOP and the little, glowing blue ball of energy that is covering it disappears.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on May 4, 14 1:08 AM
OldLady50 wrote:I very foolishly bought the game without trying it out first. When I try to get into it, the screen flashes back and forth between black and my screen saver, then a message comes up to change my graphics settings. I would if I KNEW WHAT THEY SHOULD BE! Can anyone help??
Hello OldLady50! Welcome to the pond!!

Not knowing your individual computer settings or being a tech expert, I think you should probably contact Customer Support directly. They can give you specific assistance for your system. bfgWendwater includes some blue links for reaching customer support in the yellow post 7 above your post on this page, or you can follow these directions to reach them:

To contact tech support: Scroll to the top of this page and click on the "Help" tab in the upper right corner. When you get to the next page, click on "Still need Help? Contact Us" at the bottom of the left-hand column. Then just fill out your report and don't forget to include your Dr. Felix diagnostic (instructions on how to do that are included).

Good luck!! I hope you get it figured out!

P.S. It is the weekend, so don't expect a reply until at least Monday! If you get tired of waiting you can check out some of the articles in the "HELP" section to see if any of them help get you going again!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on May 4, 14 3:57 AM
WilJul wrote:For those stuck in BONUS PLAY:

None of you mentioned that you went to the "EXTRAS" menu before you pressed "PLAY", so I'm wondering if you just pressed "PLAY" on the main menu page without going to "EXTRAS" first?

Of course, then you would have had to click "YES" when they asked you if you would like to restart the game from the beginning - stranger things have happened.

I have to admit, it doesn't sound like this is the issue, as you all started over in an area somewhat into the game (as I understand you), but just thought I'd check.

Oh yes, WilJul. I definitely entered the bonus chapter from the extras menu. I don't know about other players but from jaylake's post I understand that he/she probably did the same too?

It seems the bonus chapter has some issues only a fix could resolve.

Edited on 05/08/2014 at 2:29:29 AM PST

pemerald46
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by pemerald46 on May 4, 14 9:05 AM
pamra wrote:The bonus game doesn't work. It takes me back into an area already finished, with lots of items in inventory. Hint doesn't work, map doesn't work. I can collect little blue containers; now I have 36/35 containers. Need a fix.

I have the same problem, I have reinstalled the game and started over. Still have the same problem.

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on May 4, 14 11:01 AM
Yes, I accessed the bonus game thru Extras. It took me back to the research lab with items in inventory, like I needed to play this area again. But now the hint and map buttons do not work, nor can I get to the bonus section. Needs a fix.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on May 4, 14 12:41 PM
I did not pick up the bandage at the organ right away. Used the 2nd stop and picked up the item on the right. The organ scene closed and will not let me back in to get the bandage. So I'm going to have to start the game over. This should be fixed.

Go to: