Annabel is a rip-off

Annabel is a rip-off

[Post New]by soosieray on Mar 24, 09 7:33 AM
Do not buy this game people! It barely takes an hour, that is why there is no free trial as most people would finish it in an hour. Come on Big Fish, shame on you for charging people for this game.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:Annabel is a rip-off

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 24, 09 8:24 AM
Hi there!

Not sure why you thought there wasn't a free trial because there is. Actually, this game took me at least 3 hours to complete and probably more, and that was after I'd done an evaluation of it on another site which means that I went through the first parts of it faster since I'd done them before. I found that it went much further than I'd been able to go in the hour evaluation time, and I really enjoyed the game. I think it's a great game with a good variety of puzzles. I was really happy to see that BF offered this game as soon after it came out as they did.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Mar 24, 09 8:47 AM
I did 30 minutes of the free trial, but had to give up because the swinging around made me feel quite seasick! Shame, because it seemed a good game.

ubermeme
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by ubermeme on Mar 25, 09 11:16 PM
I really liked this game! I loved the different puzzles, and the art. Not a "rip off" for me.

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 25, 09 11:21 PM
I bought this game & I LOVE IT!!!
Sorry you didn't!
Maybe next game.
Welcome to the pond.

caldwell98
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by caldwell98 on Mar 26, 09 4:08 AM
I played it and loved it,I hope there will be another similar soon.I know there were quite a few that didn't care for it because of the movement,but I think it made it even better.

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Mar 28, 09 3:16 PM
I have to agree with soosieray. I liked the game during the trial and bought it but it finished in an hour. A game that only goes an hour past the demo is not worth the money to me. So... warning, if you like adventure games and play them frequently, you may find this one too short.

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Mar 29, 09 6:33 PM
caldwell98 wrote:I played it and loved it,I hope there will be another similar soon.I know there were quite a few that didn't care for it because of the movement,but I think it made it even better.

Agree....Hope there is another.....

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Mar 29, 09 8:44 PM
soosieray, sorry you didn't like the game! I also did the eval at a different site and couldn't wait for the game to come out at BFG. I loved it...took me a lot longer than an hour to play, but I'm not always the fastest in the bunch!

hcopter51
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by hcopter51 on Mar 30, 09 10:24 AM
I would not say its a "rip off", the only problem I have with it is that its too short.....Otherwise a cute game in all respects....

[Post New]by lilbt40 on Mar 31, 09 10:20 PM
i played the game its free 60 min and i didn't finish it so i bought it and now then i couldn't play so i had to get my money back.... keeps showing some error dang it bigfish fix it

speedy55
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by speedy55 on Apr 2, 09 6:18 PM
Although I did like the game it was too short . I will say it did take longer then an hour but still I guess the large file games have me a little spoiled, I expected to have more of a story line, or more adventure.

jnapoleon82
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by jnapoleon82 on Apr 9, 09 4:34 PM
I thought this game was excellent its a refreshing twist on a hidden object game. I would have loved for it to go on and on, but overall i would by no means call it a rip off. thats my opinion anyway.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Apr 9, 09 7:02 PM
I thought it was a good game, too!

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Apr 9, 09 7:44 PM
I thought it was a great and fun game too!

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by xssa on Apr 16, 09 4:19 PM
i loved the game. it took me a while becuase i sat down to play and had to run off suddenly. so hard to say how long it lasts. i also played the free trial version first. and i agree the swinging ground can make one sick, kinda like the old doom games. i could not play them at a certain time of the month made me sick. otherwise i loved the way this combined the adventure walking around and looking with a hidden object game.

[Post New]by cherryk3 on May 24, 09 5:08 PM
I would not consider this game a rip-off, but it sure did not take as long as I had hoped. I finished in about 3 hours. So, yes, I was a little peeved that I paid $6.99 for a game that I finished so quickly. And to top it off, I was not able to activate the mini-games. Not sure why. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re:Stuck -need help

[Post New]by Jadedisande on Jul 6, 09 2:56 PM
Have been taken by to a room by two guards - Have climbed the ladder onto the roof where the guards are posted outside the door. I need to get off the roof, but the only clue I get is a room with an old man, but there is no dialog on how to get down off the roof and continue. I keep going down to the room and click on everything and on the roof too - but there is nothing to indicate how to continue. I'm stuck. Help please and thanks in advance.

Edited on 07/06/2009 at 3:04:26 PM PST

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Jul 28, 09 7:03 PM
Aren't all the games we like too short? Sorry you didn't like the game. It isn't my favorite, but sometimes I don't like to have to think too hard.

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

Re:Stuck -need help

[Post New]by LoriW on Mar 24, 10 6:20 PM
Jadedisande wrote:Have been taken by to a room by two guards - Have climbed the ladder onto the roof where the guards are posted outside the door. I need to get off the roof, but the only clue I get is a room with an old man, but there is no dialog on how to get down off the roof and continue. I keep going down to the room and click on everything and on the roof too - but there is nothing to indicate how to continue. I'm stuck. Help please and thanks in advance.

When you go down to the room (you need to remove the nails from the board on the roof so that you can access the room) click on the right arrow and then click on the old man. You will get a dialogue and then you will need to collect some fish hooks that are around the room and the roof.

If you have done this then you may have a glitch.

Go to: