Please post your REVIEWS for Jane Angel 2: Fallen Heaven here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 5, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/05/2014 at 8:29:46 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Jane Angel 2: Fallen Heaven here

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 5, 14 12:51 AM
IN BRIEF***

BASED ON SHORT DEMO (elsewhere)

Brief notes of my impressions. Very much an adventure lite rather than a HOG. There are HOPs, a significant amount of them, but more important are the dialogues with people you meet, the quests they send you on, and the strategic decisions you must make.

Your step-sister, Jane, calls on your mobile phone, with a simple message “Save me”. Um, then it gets weird. You are drawn into a world on the other side of the phone somehow. Anyway, you end up shackled to a cannon on a cursed ship in 1536. Your sister speaks to you in her ghost form (I have no idea if any of this conforms to the first game), but you discover she is being held as a witch, and is blamed for the evil demon that is destroying everyone. None of it means much yet.

Your tasks are listed as you go. You have a hint that refills in just a few seconds (thank goodness), a compass that reveals the exits (yeah, I thought that was weird too, but I couldn’t get it to do anything else), and an artifact from your sister whose powers had not been disclosed in the time I played. You also have a book that looks like a journal, but in fact, holds documents, the purpose of which is also not clear. This was on the easier of two difficulty levels.

The HOPs are interesting. You will find a list to match a HO scene, but not all of the items will be visible there. Some, you will find in a connected HO scene off to one side or the other, where there is a HOP word list which also has most of its items in the HO scene it first appears in, but a few will be in the earlier scene. Confused? Yeah, me too.

The one thing that really bugs me, is that the close up windows do not close automatically when you are finished with a zoomed in scene. You must use the ‘x’. Also, what I saw of the game was very dark and images were not always as clear as I’d have liked.

COMBINED IMPACT
Can’t say I was enthusiastic about this at all. As a HOPA it fails. There’s just too much dialogue and oddness about it for the HOPA crowd. For adventurers, well, it would be pretty easy I would think, and not especially intriguing. But you might find it a bit of fun on a lazy day.

I don’t recommend this game!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 5, 14 7:50 AM
I'm a lover of most games. Both older and newer. With this said...I like this game. I think the graphics and game play are well worth buying. I have the first "Jane Angel" and enjoyed it. Although this sequel is much better...with improved animations and graphics.

I always think it's worth your time to check out every game. You never know what might rock your world. I'm not saying this is a top 10 game...but well worth using a punch card for sure. Especially on bonus punch Mondays.

I look forward to finish this game. I really like the storyline and animations. Be sure to at least give it a try. Enjoy!

I rate this game: "PIGLET"

“These are my terms" for hogs, I hogs, frogs & adventure games.

“DEVINE FINE SWINE”
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game.
It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

“FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!

“PIGLET”
Good game. I like these little gems! This game is for true lovers of these types of games.

“PORK BELLY”
May be a likable game for some, but not for everyone. It’s just mediocre.

“TROTTERS”
Don't run away with this pig’s foot. LOL

“PIG DOWN”
Rolling in the mud! Don’t go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 5, 14 8:29 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Jane Angel 2: Fallen Heaven here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Jane Angel 2: Fallen Heaven.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

clk017
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by clk017 on May 5, 14 3:10 PM
I'm on board with LovetoMissLisa (who's reviews I ALWAYS look forward to and appreciate). I bought this game but have not, yet, advanced further than the trial. I like the dialogue from the characters encountered and the storyline as well. There is plenty to do with helping the people you encounter in order to receive something you need. Am looking forward to continuing on this journey. Happy Gaming to All fishies.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 5, 14 4:05 PM
I am enjoying this game very much! Lot's of plot twists! Graphics are fine, not fancy but I don't need the fancy stuff! And no "fluffies"! To me fluffies are all the fancy extras, critter helpers, find pieces of junk to put in slots to open something. Stuff to fluff the game up and make it seem like more than it is!

Another game that makes you think!! YAY!!!

I definitely give it

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 5, 14 4:36 PM
"A pure soul will always find the right path through the fog." By playing this game I now know why I always walk around in a "daze" and feel like I am in a "fog" and always on the wrong (or is it left?) path. By playing this game and meditation through "ohming" and contorting my body into mind boggling and almost impossible positions in yoga classes, maybe I, too, can reconnect with my inner self and find my "pure soul." Actually, I think mine is missing or lost somewhere, never ever to be found. Maybe it was thrown overboard and I will reclaim it in this game on this ocean jaunt. Ya think?

We have a very creepy and exciting SE. You are Nancy, the step sister to Jane Angel, who has asked you for help. Through the auspices of an evil ghostlike demon, you are transported back in time to a 1536 English ship in the Caribbean off the coast of Bermuda. You soon realize your sister, who appears to you as a ghost, is being held as a witch on this vessel. She is being blamed for resurrecting a demon. But there is an "undercurrent" of murder and deceit swirling through this game - some dastardly crew members are conspiring to abscond with the gold for themselves. You meet "Signor"(actually devs, Signor is Italian or Portuguese - Señor is Spanish.) LIonel de Lozada, a Spanish seaman who asks for your help so that both you and he can escape this evil ship, try to save your sister, and bring to justice the thieving crew members.

This is a slightly difficult adventure game. It is definitely not easy to "navigate" Some of you may get a little "seasick" trying to locate inventory and "walking" around the ship. There is no map, so be prepared to take your deck shoes with you. I believe what makes this a GREAT game is the soundtrack. Holy Demons! (an great oxymoron - don´t ya think?) If you play this game with the lights out, this game becomes a major creepy experience. There are ghostlike children´s voices and the "muzac" is very eerie as well. Great job, devs! This is more of an adventure game. There are two levels of play. Be advised! The HOP scenes can involve two screens The scenes are interactive as well. The puzzles I encountered were relatively easy. As with most adventure games, you interact with many characters - so it is a little "chatty." I rate the game 5 stars out of 5 stars for an SE.

Edited on 05/05/2014 at 4:37:30 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 5, 14 5:42 PM
Hi all. Well, I guess we were due for one like this...been a while. The graphics weren't anything special, but fairly clear and bright in most areas. Game play seemed to be good, no problems. Voice overs were okay, but little "emotion," with dialog being a bit over the top and boring. There was also way too much unnecessary dialog in this one...too much reading.

The hint system was helpful and filled at the usual rate. HOPs, which were few, were fairly clean. Some items were difficult to see due to size (mostly) or lack of light, but otherwise easy to find items. Almost every area had something to pick up or find that was outside a HOP, so you need to click around to be sure you get everything.

I found the story line a little hard to follow. No real lead into anything. Why are you suddenly in the 1500's and then back to 2012? It was too difficult to get into the story. There is no real rhyme or reason to what is happening or what you are doing. This is an extremely simple game, with no real challenge, that is geared more toward the beginner than anyone else. Sometimes, I like games like that, but this one just didn't have anything that made me want to keep playing, so no buy for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on May 6, 14 7:39 AM
Hi everyone!
I'm developer of Jane Angel 2 game.
It will be pleasure to answer your questions if there is some )
I'd like from the start to say thanks for first warm words and should note that Jane Angel 2 presented here differs a lot from survey version half-year old.
Eugene.

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on May 6, 14 10:27 AM
i've only been playing for 20 minutes and i've already interacted with something like 5 people. thats what i call engaging my interest. as long as i have that and a hint button that fills really fast i'm hooked. it's a buy for me. plus it's got realistic graphics. i love those.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on May 10, 14 12:41 AM
Eugene_Duranin wrote:Hi everyone!
I'm developer of Jane Angel 2 game.
It will be pleasure to answer your questions if there is some )
I'd like from the start to say thanks for first warm words and should note that Jane Angel 2 presented here differs a lot from survey version half-year old.
Eugene.

Hi Eugene: Are you also the developer of Jane Angel, the first one? And are you also the developer of Paradise Quest? I don't remember if I read on Paradise Quest Reviews that your next game after that was Jane Angel. I'll have to go back and check that.

Just finished playing the demo of this. Overall, it was fun interacting with all the people you met aboard the Demon ship (I have not escaped quite yet). Love the voices and expressions, and the task list that tells you what you must do next.

I must say, the HOPA scenes were quite dark, some items impossible to find without a hint - and thank goodness the hint refills fairly quickly because you need that to find out where you have to go next. The game does, in its own way, lead you around, but a map would have been more helpful. Maybe a map is not necessary for the next place I would have to go after I leave this demon ship.

Honestly, I don't think I want this game. As one reviewer said, and I agree, I am lost. The story line is straight forward, but my hand and arm are throbbing from clicking on everything and getting a lucky hit once in a while. Most of the time, I was on the hint button, either asking for directions or asking for help in finding a horseshoe on the back wall that was totally impossible to see in the dark. Maybe a flashlight would have helped!

It is very nice to see you here. We always appreciate the developers stopping in to chat. We know that it takes a certain amount of "caring" and effort on your part to do so. So thank you.

Sorry, I do not recommend this game, but do recommend that my fellow ies try it first before you make a decision. It was worth the hour of my time.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on May 10, 14 9:51 AM
Hi SavemeJack,
I was developer of Jane Angel 1 and Hexus. So you are almost right.
Thank you for your comment, but I must say that some points are discussable - developing Jane Angel 2 we were focused on making gameworld consistent and live - so your tasks are natural (at least we've tried to make it) and task list could help even more than hint button. Maybe you are right about darkness, but getting back to gameworld consistency we just weren't able to make it in different way. We are independent studio of only two developers so we have strength and passion to make games different from common bfg tendency - it could makes many players be angry and spiteful but I'm sure we'll find also many players who will be appreciate for different game experience and deep dive into consistent gameworld.
Best regards, Eugene.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 10, 14 4:47 PM
JustTheFacts wrote:Can’t say I was enthusiastic about this at all. As a HOPA it fails. There’s just too much dialogue and oddness about it for the HOPA crowd. For adventurers, well, it would be pretty easy I would think, and not especially intriguing. But you might find it a bit of fun on a lazy day.

I don’t recommend this game!
SavemeJack wrote:...thank goodness the hint refills fairly quickly because you need that to find out where you have to go next. The game does, in its own way, lead you around, but a map would have been more helpful.
<snip>
I don't think I want this game. As one reviewer said, and I agree, I am lost. The story line is straight forward, but my hand and arm are throbbing from clicking on everything and getting a lucky hit once in a while. Most of the time, I was on the hint button,
dancemom1 wrote:I found the story line a little hard to follow. No real lead into anything. Why are you suddenly in the 1500's and then back to 2012? It was too difficult to get into the story. There is no real rhyme or reason to what is happening or what you are doing.

I think some fishies will find this game just different (weird, odd, strange) enough to be entertaining, but after 20 minutes playing the demo, I opted out for all of the excellent reasons quoted above.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on May 13, 14 12:44 PM
which ending did you choose?iopt for sister

Go to: