Paradell
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Help Getting Rainbow Key in Star Town

[Post New]by Paradell on May 5, 14 10:15 AM
This is very frustrating.

I am in the area where you have to step on a timed button to get a portal to turn from indigo to purple to get a walled-in area to the rainbow key. You need to IMMEDIATELY grab the key then step on the purple diamond shaped button to reactivate the portal BEFORE the timer runs out and traps you.

No matter how many times I do this, I am not fast enough to get the key and then step on the purlpe diamond shaped button to reactivate the portal. I keep getting trapped.

Help!!! There's got to be a better way.

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Help Getting Rainbow Key in Star Town

[Post New]by mr7933 on May 5, 14 9:27 PM
I finally did it. Click on the button while he still has to walk a little. While he is walking line up the pointer to immediately click the portal. Click the key then diamond. Using the keyboard didn't work for me. Making the smallest movement possible with the mouse finally worked. It took about 10 tries. I did it once then wasn't able to get back because I hadn't set that up in advance so I had to do it again.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 6, 14 2:59 PM
Hey mr7933

I'm glad you were able to get past this area, and thank you for sharing the solution you found! This is definitely helpful information to have.

Paradell, I hope these tips help you in your own game!

Happy Gaming!

bfgVaiya

TiaMaria52
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by TiaMaria52 on May 8, 14 4:49 PM
Can't get this level either. Very frustrating to not be able to go any further in a game because we aren't fast enough.

Paradell
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by Paradell on May 9, 14 5:38 AM
I got it too!

I think what happened to me was that I didn't walk into the portal the FIRST time I clicked the timer button. It timed out before I decided to go into the purple portal.

When I clicked the timer button a SECOND time and THEN walked to the purple portal it didn't work.

So I started the level over again and I went into the purple portal after the FIRST click of the timer and it worked fine. Maybe there's something to that?

So when in doubt, start the level over and make sure you go immediately into the purple portal after the first time you click the timer.

Edited on 05/09/2014 at 5:39:44 AM PST

[Post New]by flossifer on May 10, 14 5:38 PM
I can't get passed this area either, I have tried over and over again for the past few days I can't restart the level because I saved it right at the point before you step on the timer button.

Go to: