bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Fantasy Mosaics

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 6, 14 12:29 AM
Embark on a fantasy journey to distant lands and experience this new and exciting collection of mosaic puzzles through 100 custom built levels. Brimming with even more challenging puzzles and power-ups, Fantasy Mosaics will take you to new heights on this magical adventure. Enjoy the journey and have fun building your fantasy garden!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Fantasy Mosaics

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 6, 14 1:14 AM
Another boring game from , yay! These mosaic games for me have got to be the worst. Doing puzzle after puzzle after puzzle. That in itself is enough to drive nuts. Graphics: Reminds me of Saturday morning cartoons.

Nope, definitely not buying.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 6, 14 2:07 AM
It's not a bad game. At least it's not another one of 8floor's pictograms - thank goodness. And often you don't have to fill the empty tiles, they fill by themselves.

You get full screen, well... widescreen, actually. So that's nice. And there is a garden where, after you finished a level, something is added to it. Not that I was able to see what it was, it was done so quickly...

But when I started the second level, there was this vulture or whatever it was, sitting at the left, making subtle movements, which were quite irritating. That's when I quit.

Mind you, that bird might have been right from the beginning, but I didn't notice it until the second level. And yes, the game is a bit of a bore. I wish developers of these games would make it more interesting, like that Mosaics Chroma game, where you get multi-colours to work with - separate, that is, not on the same board. Would really love to BUY one of those. Don't want to play that F2P game.

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on May 6, 14 2:13 AM
I agree, this type of puzzle game (aka nonogram or picross game) are not everyone’s thing. But they are MY THING. This is a logic game and it helps if you like basic math. You fill in squares on a grid based on numeric clues. This is not a timed game. Although I have to admit it is lacking in directions. It has a hint feature but I haven’t figured out how it works, nor can I find a page that explains anything (other than a short tutorial in the beginning.) Since I knew how to play these type of games I just kind of dismissed and clicked through the tutorial – maybe I missed something.

I played the entire demo, but I was sold on it after the first five minutes. I can’t tell you how often I have played Arizone Rose and still am. I have tried a few other versions of this game and always went back to Arizona Rose. Although the others were pretty to look at they did not come close to the features Arizona had until Fantasy Mosaics came along tonight. Not only is it visually very appealing, it also has a “build your fantasy world” to reward you for your efforts. But much more important is the game play. Not only does Fantasy Mosaics display the number of tiles you have highlighted, it also indicates the UNEEDED tiles for you automatically. You are allowed a certain amount of errors per puzzle, but apparently the further you get in a puzzle, you earn additional allowable mistakes. I particularly appreciate the Gold – Silver – Bronze ratings per screen. Even Arizona Rose doesn’t do that. I always thought it would be nice to be rewarded for making it through the entire game without a mistake, but Arizona Rose doesn’t reward for that. I’m hoping this game will. This is a definite buy for me if for no other reason than that I have AR almost memorized from playing it too often – lol.

One of the pluses of these type of games, besides being a logic game, it can be played and put away easier than a full blown adventure HOG. At least for me. I have sat with AR anywhere from ten minutes to three hours and expect Fantasy Mosaics will replace it now.

This game, for the type it is, definitely get's

happy gaming everyone,
KIW0612

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 6, 14 3:02 AM
I agree, KIW. For a game of its type, this one is good because it is different.

I forgot to mention in my review, about the automatic completion of a line when all the tiles that are needed have been placed. That's neat and saves a lot of hassle.

I also have played Arizona Rose to death, as the only sufficiently different and relatively easy game outside the World Mosaics series, where the graphics quality gets to me on most, or 8 Floor games which are just too darn difficult.

I did buy Asian Riddles, though, it's so beautiful, even though it is very hard with only two mistakes ever, and...

I have a confession to make, I even caved on the whole F2P thing and played Chrome a few times!! Which the very best of these games around, but I am NOT paying to play it, and so I never get to play it very long before my 3 lives are over for the day!

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on May 6, 14 5:43 AM
I'm in agreement with Just The Facts and KIW. This release by 8floor is different than the usual cookie cutter games they come out with. I like to have a game like this on my desk top, which can be played just for a little while without getting into a full blown HOPA game. I find this game relaxing and I love the little garden where you can put animals and things you earn. I play these pictogram games for fun. If I don't score gold, etc ., it's ok. It's just a mind relaxer. This one, the pictures when you're done with the puzzle, actually do look like something too!! I recommend this game and will play it on and off when I just need down time.

ETA: Just realized this is NOT an 8floor game. Oops. Should have known

Edited on 05/06/2014 at 8:11:06 PM PST

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on May 6, 14 6:04 AM
I like this type of game, I really do.... problem for me is I'm not very good at them. They get too hard, too fast. Wish there was an Super Easy button for those of us who just want to play with less (no?) penalty for errors - how about unlimited errors?

Liked some of the nice features others mentioned (esp the auto fill) and love that the line "X's" out, on it's own, when you have correctly completed the row. All that being said, I still found it too hard for me.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 6, 14 6:34 AM
Have you tried the World Mosaics series, babaralbb?

In their games you have up to 8 or 9 mistakes you are allowed, as you progress. And they start slowly and build up.

They are the only games of this type I have been able to complete so far, as I am fairly new to this style of game.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 6, 14 6:53 AM
I love these games but not all are equal. I'm still working on Riddles of the Mask right now. I find games like this clear my head and help me focus better at work so I do a couple of puzzles in between files.

meknow
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by meknow on May 6, 14 7:16 AM
Mystery Riddles is by the same developer as Arizona Rose.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on May 6, 14 10:18 AM
It appears that I may be in the minority in this forum, for I love this genre of games! I am happy this is being offered today. I just tried about 2/3 of the demo and I may purchase it with a coupon.

My favorite game of this type, so far, is: "Arizona Rose and the Pirates' Riddles". It has various great features that many of the others in this genre do not include. I've played it through three or four times recently. (It also is quite long, so it's a great value... and Big Fish offers it.)

I have been very happy to see several nonogram games offered in the past couple of months. I purchased Mystery Riddles and do enjoy it (but not as much as my Arizona Rose game).

I would purchase more of the nonogram games, but the majority of the others I've tried lack the quality that Arizona Rose has.

Classicaljazz

P.S. I used to be one of the fishies that thought this genre of game was boring, but I think I had simply not given them a fair trial. It is one of my favorite genres now!

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on May 6, 14 2:40 PM
How do u re-do a level? If I make a mistake I want to do it over. But when a level is done, it goes on to the next level and I cant find a 'repeat' option.

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on May 6, 14 2:53 PM
Once I've screwed up I just run a random row until I make enough errors to get thrown out of the game. At that point you're asked if you want to repeat the level.

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 6, 14 6:12 PM
BronzeLady wrote:How do u re-do a level? If I make a mistake I want to do it over. But when a level is done, it goes on to the next level and I cant find a 'repeat' option.

Or you can just go to menu, go back to the the main screen and just hit Play again.

heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by heidid on May 9, 14 12:44 PM
So, am I the only person who noticed numbers getting crossed off before they should" I love these puzzles, but I am not buying this one - I want to solve them myself, and the extra information felt like cheating.

Brendansoma1
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Brendansoma1 on May 9, 14 1:48 PM
Lol Valdy, I too hated that vulture, thank goodness he is only in two levels of the 20. Towards the end you also get a dragon with the same movements .
I was hoping the pictures would get bigger as you progress, but they stay at 15 x 20. After finishing you get 'ghost' levels. Does anyone know if they get bigger? And how many there are?

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on May 9, 14 5:55 PM
Thanks for the tip on Arizona Rose. I love these puzzles and any opportunity to solve them.

[Post New]by senioroh on May 12, 14 12:22 PM
Is there any way to get the Infinite level to keep playing. Once played I cannot find any way to play it again except to play the last puzzle again. I like this game very much compared to other Mosaics. Easier to play.

[Post New]by mtab07 on May 26, 14 10:00 AM
I really like all these kind of games. This one is a bit different. I cannot find out how to use the pick. Any help or suggestions.
thanks.

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Jul 16, 14 8:24 AM
I love these type of games and I buy them when I have punch credits. They are wonderful to play to break up the monotony of the HO games and provide a nice relaxing break. And, you can leave and go back to them when you want. I discovered these type games when I accidentally learned about the I Spy games, which I love and replay often.

Go to: