yourshannygirl
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,367 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Elixir of Immortality

[Post New]by yourshannygirl on Jan 30, 11 2:30 PM
This is an awesome game! I just got done with the demo and it's one I have to buy! I really liked the graphics and the music was tolerable, LOL! But the HOG scenes and storyline all flowed together very well! It's absolutely fabulous! The hints recharge at a fairly fast rate without insulting your intelligence (not too fast, LOL!) and the items are hid in a manner that are slightly challenging but not impossible to find! Also the way the IHOG items are made to flow well also in that yes there is some wandering around and I had to check the blog walkthrough once, but I'm not entirely lost! The items that you had to use in your inventory made sense (for the most part) that you had to use on the active parts of your screen. It was fun and I can't wait to get it with one of my punch card coupons! I see that this game came out here at last July 16th 2010 and I don't know how I missed it. I found out about it by purchasing one of the games from the Game of the Year sale last week which was "Reincarnations: Uncover the Past" and the game is made by the same developer as this game and they advertised this game at in the main menu. I enjoyed that game so much that I wanted to play more of their games! This particular game is absolutely awesome! I seriously don't know how I missed it when it came out last year! It's a great game.

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 10:01:02 PM PST

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Great Game...but not really an adventure.

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 3, 11 8:19 AM
Maybe I am old-school, however to call these IHOG's "adventure games" is a stretch. This is a great IHOG... if you are looking for action/adventure games at this site I would try Secrets of DaVinci, The Dracula series, Nostradamus. Or for a real adventure gaming experience, that will cost more $$$, you can try adventure games like Tombraider, Max Payne.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Great Game!!

[Post New]by bluesinew on Feb 6, 11 5:39 AM
This is a really great game. Great graphics, mini game and storyline. Installed and ran without any issues. Kuddos to the developers and BF!!

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Mar 23, 11 7:48 PM
An enjoyable game. I did note one of the last tasks along with the lighthouse was to interrogate the alchemist. That never seemed to happen, but the game finished.

edit yah I'm a seahorse now

Edited on 03/23/2011 at 7:49:18 PM PST

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Mar 26, 11 12:32 PM
Lots of love for this one over on the Mac boards, so I bought it. Very fun and good value - lots of playing time and puzzles were hard without being impossible - I skipped one or two just because I got frustrated, but could have solved them all. My one quibble is that some of the HOG items were too tiny to be easily seen (at least on my laptop monitor) - had to use the hint in the **** scenes several times, which I almost never do. However, small complaint for an otherwise good game. Oh, and one surprise...lots of SILENCE in this game. In fact, I thought I had accidentally turned the sound off several times. You gets some music when you first start each time, but then it goes away. I didn't dislike that, but it was certainly different.

Four of five stars.

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 12:33:58 PM PST

viteacher
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Elixer of Immortality: Thank you for recommending it - Great Game

[Post New]by viteacher on Mar 26, 11 3:33 PM
Dear Fishes,

I read the forums and everyone seems to like this game. So I tried it. It has a story line. Characters in it. You put pieces together to make a part needed. You go from area to area to locate items. The HOG area are well light and enough of a challenge for me. Dark piles of junk are hard to see. I rarely used the hint button. I used the walkthrough a couple of times when my logic ran out. Great scenery! What other games does that developer make. If they are as good as this one, I will buy them.
Thanks fellow fishes,
VITeacher

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Mar 28, 11 4:58 PM
I'm purchasing this game without trial because I only need one more punch for my FOURTH free game this month (I posted elsewhere that I needed only one more, but I miscounted... ) For months now, I have been reading comments comparing other games to this one and think I just might be the only fishie in the pond who hasn't played it... ... guess it's time to swim upstream and join the school!! LOLLL

lunachan
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by lunachan on Mar 30, 11 12:06 AM
oscar66 wrote:An enjoyable game. I did note one of the last tasks along with the lighthouse was to interrogate the alchemist. That never seemed to happen, but the game finished.

edit yah I'm a seahorse now

Congrats on morphing! Oh before you leave the room, you click on the person to interrogate. If you keep clicking they will spill the beans .
BTW: Love this game more like a suspense ihog than adventure ihog but it is great! I loved the characters, story...everything!

-Lunachan

Edited on 03/30/2011 at 12:10:32 AM PST

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Mar 31, 11 7:05 AM
What a great game!! It took me about six day of on and off play because I didn't utilize the WT or hints. That's right!! My first game using ZERO hints!! (and I've been playing BF games since 2006!) Awesome graphics!! Loved the pointer! Just hard enough to make you really think... when I got frustrated, I just walked away from it and came back with a fresh perspective. Will definitely replay this one!! and

Nissiah
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Nissiah on Apr 2, 11 9:35 PM
This is one of the good ones. When I say that, I mean you come back to this during the times of HOG famine....

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Apr 3, 11 6:33 PM
Had heard favorable comments about this game in the forum threads, so bought it during the Secret Sale last weekend. Finally had time to play today. Very interesting game and quite long. Great graphics and art work, the HOG scenes were fairly easy to see and not too too dark, and the storyline held my interest. Thanks to Vogat for a good game

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Apr 5, 11 9:59 PM
I really enjoyed this game! My favourite part was the puzzles, which were of above average difficulty so they actually provided a bit of a challenge (very unusual for a casual game). Art was pretty good, but I thought the animation stood out, especially in the minigame where you have to find pollen under a microscope. Music was pretty good as well.

The hidden object scenes were of the junkpile variety, however there were no unreasonably small objects, or objects in the dark or the same colour as the background. I only used a couple of hints, and only because I was feeling impatient.

Story spoilers, highlight to read: I like murder mysteries, so I liked the story, especially as the inhabitants of the island got killed one by one and it was down to just you and the murderer. There was a clue as to who it was, as when you inspected the alchemist it said his skin was unnaturally waxy, but this wasn't true of the others. Not quite Agatha Christie, but more of a story than you typically find in these types of games.

The game was actually longer than I expected, so I was pretty satisfied with that. Overall, a high quality game with stand out puzzles.

[Post New]by sharon675 on Apr 15, 11 8:38 AM
Can anyone tell me where to find the lens for the microscope so that I can examine the pollen from the flower?

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Apr 23, 11 10:14 PM
I enjoyed this game very much. It is definitely on my list for playing again. Nice challenge without being overly difficult.

lushknight
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by lushknight on Apr 30, 11 1:05 PM
Vogat does it again, another winner!

would have given it 5 but a couple things were extremely difficult to see in the **** parts.

suzyoz
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by suzyoz on May 12, 11 9:35 PM
Just finished this game & it is terrific! Had trial downloaded but for some reason had not played it. Glad I discovered it yesterday. top notch.

318Pisces
Clownfish
Clownfish
642 Posts

[Post New]by 318Pisces on Jun 4, 11 12:37 PM
Yet another gem from the folks at VOGAT !!!
Keep up the great work...

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Jun 11, 11 4:21 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME!!! I missed this somehow when it came out and it showed up under Games you might like.

The gameplay itself is similar to Phantasmat as you travel from HidObj scene to HidObj scene with interactions and puzzles in between. I am so glad I found this game!!!

[Post New]by slim_bree on Jun 13, 11 9:39 AM
hi all,I'm having a problem giving the items to the chemist any help will be greatly appreciated

preserved
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by preserved on Jul 2, 11 1:22 PM
I feel as many before me that this is a wonderful game and the fact that it works is GREAT!

Go to: