Kassy9
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by Kassy9 on Aug 9, 11 5:03 AM
This game is extremely annoying. My cursor jumps all over the place. I ended my trial after 5 minutes

Jelam
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by Jelam on Aug 9, 11 7:15 AM
ember89 wrote:i've heard so much about this game in 'sneak peek'! cannot wait to take it for a spin!!

those of you who were in the beta group, please let us know if you see changes that improved this game from the tested one... anxious to hear what you think of the finished product!!

[Post New]by aritchie on Aug 9, 11 5:01 PM
I don't generally post in the forums, but this game is so great that I just had to share!

I absolutely LOVE this game!!! It has all the right creepy vibes for the story it tells. While there is no music, it doesn't need any. The ambient sounds are good enough, and clear enough, that music would be an unwelcome distraction.

This is a pure adventure/puzzle game with only 1 HOG scene--which is actually a really funny "easter egg" in the game. The puzzles are very clever and require some thought; I rarely had to use the hint button.

If you liked the minimal sounds of Lost in the City, and the creepy story line of the Mystery Case Files Ravenhurst/Return to Ravenhurst, you will love this game.

A solid 5 out of 5.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Aug 9, 11 6:24 PM
Not much left that hasn't already been said except I totally agree with all the good things about this game. Don't know how I have missed it all this time but it is a great game and I am glad it is the COTW and I checked it out. It is "creepy" and great "startling moments" of fun. I recommend giving it a try if you are in doubt! Off now to purchase! Happy Gaming Fishies

amrith777
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by amrith777 on Aug 9, 11 8:07 PM
This game is SOOO worth it--even at full price--it's a STEAL at DD price,IMO.One of my favorite games EVER!

PTSuusje
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PTSuusje on Aug 10, 11 3:00 PM
Just finished it, well worth 2.99. I don't play the music anyway so didn't notice there wasn't any. Enjoyed the text comments, quite humorous, specially if you clicked on the same thing twice unnecessarily. Interesting puzzles and loads of them. I had no technical problems at all. For me this is a really great game, one of your best, thanks for putting it on the DD.

cleep100
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by cleep100 on Aug 10, 11 6:00 PM
Extremely clunky and slow on my older PC. Not even worth $2.99, for me.

ergaster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ergaster on Aug 13, 11 4:27 PM
Just wanted to say...this is a GREAT game! Straight adventure and puzzle, no hidden objects, a refreshing change. Some seriously tough puzzles too. Took me days to finish it, almost unheard-of even for a full-price game.

Well done!

Edited on 08/13/2011 at 4:27:53 PM PST

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Aug 14, 11 7:57 AM
i just have to throw in my 2 cents worth on this, 'cause it is definitely now at the top of my fave's list - an amazing piece of work! i had a lot of trouble with this game before, with the floaty cursor and freezing, etc, which made me throw it in the junk pile 3 times. But kept reading great comments from the folks who did get to play (all of which i agree with). Guess i had a case of the "i cant have it so i want it even more" syndrome. Dont know if the problems were with my comp or bfg, but now that i've totally upgraded my comp & got a great new graphix card... IT PLAYS! Oh happy day (she sings, poorly but with heart ). I just could not stop playing this gem; finished at 0200 and will play it again. Mega kudos to these devs - very talented, smart, adept at adding humor to a pretty dark & eerie game... so count me among the minions who will stand in line for anything they come up with. I know they're a small group, but they have the talent of many. I'd say keep an eye out for Ghost Ship Studios. If you like this genre, Buy It, you'll like it.

[Post New]by Lord_smorg on Aug 14, 11 11:15 AM
Hi, having tried the demo and instantly bought the full game, within 10 minutes i have come across a glitch, i have attached the hose and put the pipes in and turned on the generator and gone to the room with the computers in, now showing a nice green symbol, but when i click for a close look i am told the power isnt on, which is clearly is. Any helpp?

[Post New]by Lord_smorg on Aug 14, 11 11:23 AM
Got it fixed now, had to solve the slider puzzel but the wrong message is implying its the gas npt connected

akhni
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

*spoiler alert* card mini-game

[Post New]by akhni on Aug 14, 11 1:23 PM
I'm playing the iPad version, and several of the mini-games simply cannot be played. They won't accept inventory items, or won't move. I can normally get around that, but I am totally stuck on the card mini-game in the asylum. I opened the mini-game before I had enough eyeballs, and I can't skip it, or close it. Any hints out there? Thanks!

[Post New]by agnesodette on Aug 15, 11 5:48 AM
I really enjoyed this one, a beautiful game with a lot of puzzles and very tricky ones and for 2.99$ it was a really good deal, I hope they will do a sequel

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Aug 17, 11 4:38 PM
Um...all I can say is WOW. What a great game! Though since it's from the same guys who gave us my beloved Dark Parables, I probably shouldn't feel surprised at all. Enthralling storyline, complex puzzles, excellent graphics, and having the witch talking to me periodically really enhanced the immersion, too - I was totally absorbed in this game. And the end was a twist I NEVER saw coming! My jaw dropped! Definitely recommend!

Bhung
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Bhung on Aug 18, 11 2:21 PM
Found some major bugs in iPad version:

- could not re-enter the lab- required pass card but had used the first time; I re- started game and made sure I had everything before exiting
- could not finish the game- the poison to kill the "swarm" disappeared when mixing the 2 potions

A minor bug-- in the chapel puzzle, the "pins" disappeared but showed up in other scenes. I eventually got the pins back on the altar and puzzle worked.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Sep 15, 11 2:34 PM
laurakay76 wrote:Though since it's from the same guys who gave us my beloved Dark Parables, I probably shouldn't feel surprised at all.

It's not. This game is by Ghost Ship Studios, the Dark Parables series is by Blue Tea Games.

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 2:34:18 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Sep 15, 11 2:57 PM
Tikatoy wrote:
laurakay76 wrote:Though since it's from the same guys who gave us my beloved Dark Parables, I probably shouldn't feel surprised at all.

It's not. This game is by Ghost Ship Studios, the Dark Parables series is by Blue Tea Games.
Ghost Ship Studios is two people. You'll find several posts from one of the developers - GhostShipTim - on the forum around the time the game came out.

Edited on 09/15/2011 at 2:59:49 PM PST

[Post New]by GhostShipTim on Sep 18, 11 9:05 PM
Yep, Dark Parables is Blue Tea...

Half of our company (the art half) worked on many of the Blue Tea titles before Dark Parables (Teddy Tavern, Forgotten Riddles 1 and 2, Enlightenus, Forgotten Lands), but the two games have no connection, team-wise.

We're fans of Blue Tea though... Those guys are epic.

-Tim

Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison

[Post New]by Joyandte on Sep 20, 11 11:39 PM
Tikatoy wrote:
isabelswift wrote:I love this game. I've only just started it and I whizzing along and all of a sudden I'm stumped - I can't find the drop of blood to put on the dna grave puzzle. I have the dna card thing and the test dropper (empty) and I can't get any of the vials out of the briefcase in the mausoleum (sp). I have the name, I think - is it Anton? Where do I get the blood?

The name is Thorn, and you get the blood from where you saw the name.[/quote. To whoever wrote this please help me frustrated I get the name but where did you see the name soooooooo crazy right now

jessmom01
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by jessmom01 on Oct 5, 11 7:06 PM
GhostShip Tim, greetings, and thank you for such an amazing game! i just finished playing WP for the 4th time - definitely a huge favorite - & decided to dig around in the forum to see if there was any hint of a sequel yet. Saw your post, & tho it was a while ago, i wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth. i'm one of your minions, which gives me license to gush : What an amazing piece of work! Crazy spooky, awesome humor, great graphix & atmosphere, & altogether a really smart, cool game. Mega kudos to you guys, good luck, & keep up the good work. Please. I really want another game from Ghostship studios

Go to: