Cherubabies
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,247 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Cherubabies on Nov 20, 10 5:20 PM
This is the definitely the BEST Game of the Year!

10 out of 10.

5 Stars all the way!

Brilliant in every way!

I love it! Can't get enough of it!

Edited on 11/20/2010 at 5:24:00 PM PST

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by snowdancr_14 on Nov 22, 10 12:02 AM
I was super excited about a Phantom of the Opera based game and I really enjoyed playing it, but the ending...ugh, the ending was SO unsatisfying. I really, REALLY hope they make a sequel because there's a high probability that I'd buy it just to bring closure to the story.

The only thing this game didn't have that I absolutely LOVE in other games is the ability to jump rooms on the map...maybe in the sequel.

Pooh_Bah
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Pooh_Bah on Nov 25, 10 9:58 AM
I loved this game and agree with most of the comments already posted. My only complaint was that some of the objects were almost impossible to see against the dark backgrounds. But that is what the hint button is for, as a last resort. Towards the end, when so many rooms were open, the map was invaluable. I especially liked the red exclamation mark that pointed me towards areas where something was still available to find. It sure saved a lot of wandering around in desperation. Again, great game, great value. I'd like to see more games of this quality.

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Nov 25, 10 11:52 AM
This was a great game until the end. That was lame. Then you play the bonus area, and the ending is still lame. Otherwise, a great game, though.

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Love the game! But the "extra" gameplay was so short!

[Post New]by emerance on Nov 25, 10 3:43 PM
I've bought a number of CE games now, and I usually enjoy the extra gameplay, because it's generally another 2 or so hours of fun. But this one was disappointing. Not nearly enough locations and very simple. No real puzzles (the musical note one wasn't that much of a challenge). Having said that, however, this was one of the best iHog games I've bought. I like hog, but not as much as ihog, and I much prefer ihog games that don't have TONS of hog. So this one is really good. I loved the graphics, the music, the story. And I'm thrilled to see that there will be a sequel (I didn't mind the ending, since it promises a sequel to come - and hopefully it will be as good as this game!)

Edited on 11/25/2010 at 3:44:04 PM PST

[Post New]by Dives52 on Nov 29, 10 7:52 PM
Find it a challenge but enjoying using my brain - however I just can't find the last musical note - any help out there pls????

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Dec 6, 10 7:30 PM
What beautiful,beautiful game !......This game in my opinion falls in the same category as Return to Ravenhearst ....I really enjoyed playing it Thanks Bf.Hope to see a sequel ,I give it a 10

[Post New]by MKK066 on Dec 7, 10 11:58 AM
I HAVE PAID FOR AND DOWNLOADED BOTH THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA COLLECTOR'S EDITION AND THE STRATEGY GUIDE FOR THE SAME GAME. I REALLY THOUGHT WHEN I PAID 20.00 FOR THE STRATEGY GUIDE THAT THOSE STRATAGIES WOULD BE REVEALED WITHIN THE GAME. WRONG. IF I WANT TO FOLLOW THE STRATEGY GUIDE I WOULD HAVE TO WRITE 35 PAGES OF STRATEGY. THIS GAME IS MUCH TOO COMPLICATED AND I HAVE TWO MASTER'S DEGREES. I AWAIT FERVANTLY FOR YOUR RESPONSE. I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY THIS GAME WHICH I HAVE BUT I CANNOT THE WAY IT IS SET UP NOW PERHAPS YOU COULD INDICATE TO ME THAT I AM DOING SOEMTHING WRONG AND I WILL CERTAINLY CORRECT IT. THANK YOU, KATE KELLY, MKK066@aol.com

silverink
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by silverink on Dec 14, 10 9:15 AM
I really loved this game! Everything about it was wonderful - incredibly beautiful graphics, immersive atmosphere and story, perfectly paced adventure elements and puzzles, a nice moderate level of challenge and excellent hidden object scenes. I also loved the sound effects and the phantom's comments, which really set the mood - (less so her interjections). The game did seem to be a little shorter than I had anticipated - maybe just because I wanted it to keep going on. The bonus game was pretty short, however, and as others have stated, didn't really expand on the story. But I did not mind the unresolved ending, as I hope it was setting us up for a sequel.

Overall, this game was one of the best!

[Post New]by Aravynandea on Dec 22, 10 10:03 AM
there better be a sequel at the very least to wrap up the storyline, or an otherwise A+ game will get a big F for the ending.

It would be nice if they also made a prequel (taking place during the original story's time line)

tropdechats
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by tropdechats on Dec 23, 10 1:02 PM
Just finished playing the CE version. Great game but, once again, the CE extras were not worth the extra expense for me, I have already read the book and don't care for any of the extras except the addiitional game play. The extra game here lasts about half an hour (and I"m an average player at best), covers very limited territory and is very easy to play. Definitely not worth it for me.

[Post New]by summertimefairys on Jan 8, 11 5:22 PM
While I thought the game was amazing!! I regret buying the Collector's Edition i cant see what the xtra money was for what an extra 20 mins of game play and a novel! WHAT A WASTE! ill never again buy a Collector's Edition

LaNala108
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LaNala108 on Jan 10, 11 11:20 AM
I am still looking for a walkthrough. Can someone help me?

I've read that there must be a possibility to click on "guide"-button near to the helping mirror but I can not find this button. There is the mirror only. And I bought the collecting edition, what a shame!
Where is the guide or an walktrough??

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Jan 12, 11 5:33 AM
LaNala108 wrote:I am still looking for a walkthrough. Can someone help me?

I've read that there must be a possibility to click on "guide"-button near to the helping mirror but I can not find this button. There is the mirror only. And I bought the collecting edition, what a shame!
Where is the guide or an walktrough??
You should see the word 'Guide' underneath the mirror in blue. Click that to open the guide. Alternately, for the standard edition of the game, there is a walkthrough posted in that forum:
Highlight and copy the following link:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/mystery-legends-the-phantom-of-the-opera-walkthrough/

LaNala108
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LaNala108 on Jan 14, 11 10:08 AM
I don't need a walkthrough anymore. The kind of integrated guide ist very helpful and completly effectual.

You'll get help if you click at the left side below the mirror.

Not the mirror himself, but directly below the little small box you can read "Hints".

Click exactly on that box and a kind of walkthrough will open. Here you'll get a lot of hints, where you can find the next objects, what to do next and so on. Very helpful.

You also should use the diary, inside you find the map of the game. There are hints where you have to go next for example (exclamation marks).

LaNala108
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LaNala108 on Jan 14, 11 10:09 AM
Thank you for response! Nice from you. Yesterday evening I tried and found the trick.

I thought the mirror and the small box belong together.... because here in German version there is "Hint" to read on the small box - and that makes confusing...

Maybe someone of the english people thinks the same even though evidently in the english edition you can read the word "guide" in place of "hints" like here in Germany.

Edited on 01/14/2011 at 10:15:29 AM PST

ViviOlivi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re: Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by ViviOlivi on Jan 18, 11 6:11 AM
This game was great! Definitely worth your while. I would recommend purchasing the Collectors Edition for the extra game play at the end of the game.

I give this game out of 5!

[Post New]by sarahbera1218 on Jan 19, 11 2:21 AM
It was a good game, but I don't think it was worth getting the Collector's Edition. The bonus play wasn't very long at all. Other than that it wasn't too bad.

cherylt928
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for MThe ystery Legends: Phantom of the Opera Collector's Edition

[Post New]by cherylt928 on Jan 20, 11 9:25 PM
I LOVED this game! I now want to know WHEN the sequel is coming to come out!! The graphics, storyline (plot), detailed & ultra-satisfactory environment! All of it was sooooo incredible! There were a couple puzzles that didn't make much sense but most were not too hard or at least you mostly know where to go (or look in journal) to figure it out.

Sequel, Seqel, Sequel (chant)!!!

[Post New]by Bellagatdor5 on Jan 20, 11 11:00 PM
I can't believe it!! I finally finished "The Phantom". It was very good. I was so furstrated for a while that I didn't play it for over a month. However, I found the forum and that really helped me. Using the guide under the hint mirror made all the difference. I'm glad I bought it.

Go to: