WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 20, 13 7:45 PM
Andresmulders wrote:Hi, I'm having a problem with the display in the ipad version of the game. From the start, the screen is displaying everything sideways and it is not automatically turning. I checked all settings if my ipad, but it's only acting like this with this game. I cannot get any further because the right side of the screen is not displayed and I can't reach any control buttons on that side. I also checked all previous tech problems and faq's, but this aspect seems to be new and is has not been dealt with before. I even reinstalled the game, but it keeps having the same issues. Can anyone help me with this?
Hi Andresmulders! Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the iPad issues and this forum is rather old, so it is likely to be quite some time before a moderator or anyone else who might have this info checks in....therefore, I'd suggest you go ahead and send in a report to customer support. To get started, look at the bottom of this page for "Get Help" and click on "Customer Support". When you get tothe next page, look near the bottom of the column on the left for "Stilll need Help? Contact Us" and click on that. Good luck to you!

Edited on 10/20/2013 at 7:47:08 PM PST

Re:Post any Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bellatrixblack on Dec 13, 13 11:55 AM
This game keeps crashing when I open it on my new MacBook Pro.
I used to play it on my old MacBook and I had no issues.
In fact, none of the Mystery Case Files games I bought are able to open up.

(games concerning: Return To Ravenhearst and 13th Skull)

I have Mac OS X Mavericks on a MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

Please make an update available! I want to replay these games.

(PS: I'm going to post the same message on the other forum, just to clarify that I'm not a robot lol)

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 2:26:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Shadowhunter1 on Jun 3, 14 9:02 AM
I have this game for an iPad and when I try and get rid of the flowers/weeds on the side of the mansion my game just totally crashes. I've tried restarting my iPad, and uninstalling then reinstalling the game. Does anyone else have anything I should try or know who to contact for that issue?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 6, 14 2:19 AM
Hi Shadowhunter1! Welcome to the forum!

I don't have specific suggestions for you, but you could try looking at the help articles. Just go to the top of this page at the upper right hand side and click on "Help", then search for "game crashing" articles (or click on the link in the "Technical Issues" box.)

You may also want to get in touch with tech support. From the "Help" page, look at the bottom of the left-hand column for "Still need help? Contact Us". That should take you to the report page. Any time you send in a report you should also include a "Dr. Felix" diagnostic. Instructions for doing that should be on the report page. Good luck! I hope you get it figured out!

[Post New]by blackadder1st on Jul 21, 14 4:05 PM
I am under the tomb but it's too dark, however I can't go back up cause the right side of the screen is unresponsive - so the Hint button isn't 'charging' either to skip. If I uninstall and reinstall would I need to start from the beginning?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 25, 14 1:00 AM
blackadder1st wrote:I am under the tomb but it's too dark, however I can't go back up cause the right side of the screen is unresponsive - so the Hint button isn't 'charging' either to skip. If I uninstall and reinstall would I need to start from the beginning?
No, blackadder1st, reinstalling shouldn't cause you to lose game progress.

[Post New]by Macbubs on Sep 13, 14 9:32 PM
I play this game on an iPad and when I get to clearing out the weeds, the game crashes on me, have tried every suggestion through help, including uninstalling and reinstalling the game, starting to get very frustrated as I want to continue playing this game.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 13, 14 9:43 PM
Macbubs wrote:I play this game on an iPad and when I get to clearing out the weeds, the game crashes on me, have tried every suggestion through help, including uninstalling and reinstalling the game, starting to get very frustrated as I want to continue playing this game.
Hi Macbubs! Welcome to the forum! Sorry, I don't have a fix for you, but you can check out the posts just 3 & 4 posts above yours.

[Post New]by Karmael on Oct 25, 14 9:23 AM
I had to skip the weeds since they kept growing. Now I am at the payphone and it will not take the coins! Is there a fix for this? I am playing on an iPad. Thanks

[Post New]by theclever123 on Apr 12, 15 5:43 PM
The game first cutsene before the title menu won't appear and the game won't start up! Please make an new build of the game so it will fix this please ! I really want to play this game !

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Apr 20, 15 1:29 AM
I love this game. I've played it a couple time but now, mysteriously, when I re-install it and TRY to begin playing I get audio but no video!!
What's going on?
I just sent in a customer service tech ticket...but has anyone else had this problem?
Please help
sfr8rfan

[Post New]by jlgray on May 12, 15 5:38 PM
Im having the same issue with Audio loading but no video on a MacBook Air 2. I have tried to reinstall to no avail. If anyone has found a work-around, please let us know!! Thanks!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jun 16, 15 7:53 PM
jlgray wrote:Im having the same issue with Audio loading but no video on a MacBook Air 2. I have tried to reinstall to no avail. If anyone has found a work-around, please let us know!! Thanks!!

I suspect it's because your Mac OS is too new. This is a very old game and the download page for this game says that it plays on OS 10.4!! Since I have upgraded my OS, there are several games I can no longer play, this being one of them.

[Post New]by bjwelch76 on Jun 20, 15 11:40 PM
iPad. I am to the point of using the shears to cut the rapidly growing flowers. When I start cutting the flowers, the game literally closes itself and I find myself at the iPad desktop/home screen.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jul 20, 15 1:56 PM
bjwelch76 wrote:iPad. I am to the point of using the shears to cut the rapidly growing flowers. When I start cutting the flowers, the game literally closes itself and I find myself at the iPad desktop/home screen.
Just skip that mini game.

[Post New]by Vegitunks on Oct 10, 15 7:58 PM
I played 13th skull awhile ago and wanted to play it again on my mac it worked last time but this time i get a black screen with the sound from the game. Im using the same mac that it worked on last time

sfr8rfan
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by sfr8rfan on Oct 28, 15 2:37 AM
It's now six months since I left a message.
I asked a "monitor" from BFG and got no response to my question:
The MCF series is a signature series. Why hasn't it been upgraded for compatibility with newer Mac OS?
It's really disappointing! This is my FAVORITE game.

[Post New]by jbuza2000 on Jan 20, 16 5:52 PM
I have completed the main game and the extra game of Mystery Case Files" 13 Skull Collector's Edition. But, it will not allow me to open the bonus content. When I click on the icon, the message pops up that I must finish the game. Thoughts? Thank you

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 5, 16 4:25 PM
jbuza2000 wrote:I have completed the main game and the extra game of Mystery Case Files" 13 Skull Collector's Edition. But, it will not allow me to open the bonus content. When I click on the icon, the message pops up that I must finish the game. Thoughts? Thank you

From the FAQs:

I can't UNLOCK the BONUS GAME!!!!!
After the Lawson's are swept away by the wave, the screen turns white and you are taken back to the main menu where the bonus game sign with the lock on it disappears and a subtitle under the main title that reads "LAST RITES" appears. If you hit "Play" - YOU ARE NOW PLAYING THE BONUS GAME on the ships. After you match the 13 skulls to their respective skeletons, the credits roll and you are taken back to the main menu - YOU HAVE NOW COMPLETED THE BONUS GAME and THE GAME RESETS and you are back at the very beginning with the bonus material locked until you complete the main game again.

Hope that helps!

robert1939
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by robert1939 on Feb 14, 16 2:33 PM
how do I uninstall this game so I can reinstall it to get a more current version?

Go to: