jlasater
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jlasater on Jun 11, 11 9:41 AM
Loved this game! Every second of it (the safe code had me going for a while) but what I expect when I buy a collectors edition. I even played the bonus content which I never do. BFG's give us more like this!!!

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jun 12, 11 5:04 PM
The game was so much fun. There were times I got a bit lost and confused but that was okay. The little frog guy and the strategy guide were very helpful.
One of the best things about this game is that the H0 scenes to not repeat at all. The puzzles were a mixture between hard and easy.
Even though the story was a bit blah I still liked it. I think my problem was the way we learned what was going on. I would have preferred a journal over being able to re watch clips of things that have happened.
I was a bit annoyed that one of the achievements was for finishing the tutorial. I don't do those any more for HOGs because I have played so many I know how they work and can figure it out myself. I'm going to have to check the achievements first if a game has them from now on.
The bonus game was a bit short but I will admit I used the hint button and checked the guide a lot more often as I was tired and ready for the game to be over.
This was my first CE purchase since The 13th Skull. I am a lot more satisfied than I was before.

Murray4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Murray4 on Jun 14, 11 7:38 AM
Not the CE, just the regular Raincliff. I was disappointed with the hidden objects, they are almost impossible to spot and sometimes are mis-named? And there is no logic to the traveling in the game. Just random from here to there. I used that poor little frog so he was worn out!!
Plus, the last three days the games offered are just terrible. Please get some more Christy or other novel works?
Thank you, in all my gripping you are still the best!
Myra Martin

alioup
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by alioup on Jun 17, 11 5:31 PM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/158124.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

alioup
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by alioup on Jun 17, 11 5:33 PM
I did not like this game as you could never get anywhere without hints, if some say they didn't use hints, sorry that would be impossible, It certainly was NOT worth the money I paid for it

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jun 20, 11 8:42 PM
Great game, good art, excellent blend of live action with computer generated scenes. This game was well worth the money and delivers lots of bang for the buck. Anyone who like the Mystery Trackers series should buy the collectors edition. The bonus gameplay adds much to the story and without it one would not be getting the full picture of exactly what was going on in the town.

NULL
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition

[Post New]by NULL on Jun 24, 11 10:09 AM
bfgImbrium wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/158124.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

dennyPCW
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dennyPCW on Jun 25, 11 2:36 AM
I don't usually contribute to these forums, but I have to say I really iiked this game. Graphics, story, puzzles, all were entertaining, even the ones I couldn't solve. Super job, would highy recommend.

PTSuusje
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PTSuusje on Jul 4, 11 12:02 PM
I liked this game and can't really fault it but it's long and after a while it did get a bit samey and predictable. I read someone else's post that they needed 10 mins to download but mine took a whopping 14 hours and kept timing out - not BFG's fault I'm sure as I live halfway up a mountain with a tel wire strung from tree to tree from the nearest habitation. My connection is max 4mb although that's usually enough since there's nobody to share it with. The next morning, when I finally activated it and started to play, the **** scene where I had stopped in the demo froze instantly. The Help info suggested downloading again - no thanks! I just started again with a new profile and all was fine. It doesn't seem a game to play more than once, though. Once you know where everything is and what to do, that's it really. Going to try the bonus stuff now to see what that's like.

PTSuusje
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PTSuusje on Jul 4, 11 3:20 PM
Bonus stuff OK, but really more of the same. Found the puzzles too easy, specially the iron door ones, not much thought required. And the iron door was right the other side of the town, involving a lot of clicking and traipsing about. The sniper was a nice touch, though, had me stumped for a moment! In the game itself (but not in the bonus) I used the strategy guide a few times, I am in two minds about it. It's a bit TOO handy sometimes, like looking up crossword puzzle answers instead of thinking first. However, other games I sometimes have to quit completely to get to the walkthrough so it was good not to have to do that.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Jul 6, 11 10:41 AM
this was one of the best games I have ever played. I was just stunned by its excellence.

[Post New]by yendor1947 on Jul 9, 11 8:51 AM
I'm thinking of buying this game or just the regular game.What's the differance in the 2. Is the CE worth it?

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

A REAL REVIEW - I COMPLETED THE GAME

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jul 18, 11 6:37 PM
Just wanted to pop in here and tell anyone who is wondering about whether this game is worth the money - I think it is. I am very critical of games; I'm not easy to please, and I thought this game was quite good.

Games usually end too quickly for me, but this one was long enough to justify its price and its existence. The mini-games were ok. I am just finding that game developers are really struggling to find new, innovative and creative mini-games with which to challenge us. I feel their pain, but I still want better mini-games.

There was some very realistic-type danger in this game that made playing it fun. I have to admit - I actually flinched a couple of times when surprises were coming at me. But, that's all I've got to say about that. You'll have to play the game to get more.

The graphics and storyline were strong. I did have quite a bit of technical trouble. The demo ran perfectly, but then I couldn't get the full game to play after I'd paid for it. After some exchanges (that took far too many days to transpire) with customer service, an astute rep suggested I make some adjustments to my screen resolution manually, because sometimes these games have trouble making those adjustments.

I went into my preferences and lowered my resolution considerably, and it worked!

All considered, this was a good game, and one of the better ones I've played this year. Enjoy!

nehelenia
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by nehelenia on Jul 25, 11 9:41 PM
I wanted to like this game, I really did. I loved Mystery Trackers: The Void, but this one just left me annoyed.

-no unfolding of the story as you go along. Some students disappeared, and then...? No more info given until you are almost at the end of the game.

-every single puzzle had a piece missing! Not once did I come across a mini-game that didn't require me to track down some piece of it first.

-why do I need a chainsaw to cross a single log on the ground? why do I specifically need a military flail to knock off a helmet? why do I need to poison the flowers before moving the people who are unconscious?

I do not recommend it at all.

CirceMoon
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by CirceMoon on Jul 31, 11 2:59 PM
I really wanted to like this game. It has its pros, as it is beautifully done and certainly very long. However, so much of that length is just mindless backtracking. As others have said, every single puzzle required you to find some piece of it, and generally that required going back and forth to some far-off place repeatedly. Some of the inventory puzzle elements make little sense (e.g., how am I going to use a vacuum on a roof in an abandoned town with no electricity? Why can't I just wipe the ashes away with my hand?), and seem like they were thrown in just to add unnecessary length.

By the end of the game, I was so relieved to be finished because it just became tedious. I started the bonus chapter, but when I realized it was simply more of the same I quit the game and uninstalled it from my computer. I see that many people liked (or even loved) it, which is fantastic. I am unfortunately just not among them.

Jadakiss2000
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by Jadakiss2000 on Aug 9, 11 10:18 AM
I just finished and thoroughly enjoyed it. The extra game was great as well. Can't wait for the next case...somewhere in the Atlantic????

queencate
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by queencate on Aug 25, 11 5:20 PM
super coolness!!!!!!!!!!!! defintely an adult game , cold not stop playing had to go to work and did not get much sleep the next day i kept thinking about it ...i know get a life right ....good job elephant games

[Post New]by tikiky on Sep 9, 11 7:44 AM
I loved this game. In my top 3. When are they coming out with a new one?

[Post New]by rebeccartist on Sep 24, 11 1:47 PM
Some folks in the past few pages have asked if the CE is worth the money. I'm not one who automatically gets a CE, or thinks wallpapers and music are worth extra money - I don't. However, the bonus game play here, I thought, was worth it. It added to the story, and it was harder in some ways than the original game.

I enjoyed this game for a number of technical / game design reasons in particular. I played it in Hard mode (not Expert, if I'm remembering the exact titles of the categories), so I didn't get a whole lot of hand holding or automatic explanation of the puzzles. I like that. I want to see a puzzle and have no idea how to solve it, initially. I want to test buttons and see what happens, etc., and see if I can figure out the goal of a puzzle myself. For me, that's half the fun of the puzzle aspects of these games. So- my point is that I always had an option of getting instructions, which really were JUST barebone instructions. If, then, I got stuck, I could ask for a hint from my Hint button (loved the very cute frog in a monocle, btw). This entire system worked perfectly for me. I loved it. I give the devs high marks for it.

And I thought the sheer quantity of puzzles in this game was great. And the variety. I had to skip two because I had a migraine and just didn't have the brain power to start over from the beginning when I saw I was in a corner. But overall, this game gets good marks for the puzzles -- lots of them, different kinds of them, varying levels of difficulty.

There was one in particular that I thought was brilliantly designed, but I don't know how to hide spoiler text here, so I can't say anything specific. Picture puzzle of a goddess of Eastern religion. Loved it.

I had no technical problems, other than a little trouble with the falling snow when I played the game on my television. I use Win7 32-bit.

Nice job, developers! I also think this was up there with MCF - Dire Grove. Clearly, there are similarities to it in terms of design. But they also managed to replicate the difficulty level of Dire Grove, in large measure.

Well worth the CE price. Thanks, BFG, for a fun few days when I really needed it!

[Post New]by MichaelMaiden25 on Nov 5, 11 7:47 PM
Love Elephant Games!!! Love this game even more than The Void..

Go to: