popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Rhiannon group play, starting 2nd June, all welcome to join!

[Post New]by popla27 on Jun 9, 12 10:38 PM
Thanks Mr_Russ, I must have checked every inch of the whole place bar that drawer! Moving on nicely again now.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 10, 12 4:22 AM
Popla - ** Re the MP3 player there is just one thing it can help you with now and then won't be needed until much later on. Look again at the birthday card in Rhiannon's room - that's a clue to use in conjunction with some info on the MP3. When you have that you will be able make some real new progress. ** Hope that's not too much info.

GMum xx

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 10, 12 4:24 AM
Popla ** One more little tip - In this chapter and the next keep checking e-mails, **

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 10, 12 1:02 PM
OK, rather late to the party but I'm here. I'm half way through the game (I think) now to remember what I've done and haven't done - so that will take me a couple of hours.

It's great to have the DEV here.

Can anyone help me as I can't get out of the view of the computer (back out) as everytime I try and shut it off the black bottom bar keeps popping up. I know I got out of it once before but can't do it now.

edit - never mind eventually got it!

Edited on 06/10/2012 at 1:57:56 PM PST

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 10, 12 1:53 PM
Hooray! I finally made it to Chapter 2. Congratulations to all who have finished.

To Karen: I am curious about the story. Is the legend true or is the story made up? If you and your co-developers made it all up, you have great imaginations.

I just got back to the game today after a long hiatus and did all the reading involved in Chapter 1. I would like to know what kind of friend has that much courage to stay around with all the wierd happenings going on. I'd be gone with the wind...but everything frightens me it seems. Is the friend a paranormal investigator or something like that? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Jun 10, 12 2:25 PM
Dialogue I said exactly the same earlier - if I was House sitting and all that happened I would move out and just keep coming back to feed the cat!!!

Great story though - I assumed it was an actual Welsh legend - hopefully Karen will tell us.

I've been playing a few demos of games that have come out over the past couple of weeks and I just can't get interested - they seem so amateur and boring. Oh Dear.

GMum xx

Joyfullady
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,498 Posts

[Post New]by Joyfullady on Jun 10, 12 3:24 PM
Dialogue GMum -If I was house sitting I'd grab that cat and get to heck out of there fast! I know what you mean about games - prior to starting this game I was playing Legends Dark Piper and really enjoying it (except for rats) and now I'm not so enthralled with it!

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 10, 12 3:57 PM
I have officially made it out of Chapter 2. Beginning Chapter 3 now, hope I can get through it today. Great story, I to would like to know if this is an actual legend (Great Story) Tide

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 10, 12 4:27 PM
Joyfullady Drats! I bought the Dark Piper and planned to play it after finishing Rhiannon. Is the story not interesting or is this game so much more interesting that it makes the Dark Piper seem so inferior.

About the cat. I've never seen the cat so he or she is on its own.

Tidewaters I am glad to see that I am not the only one so far behind. I am in Chapter 2 and have been for awhile. I'm hoping I can finish the chapter before I quit for the night too. If the game is good enough I don't get to bed until 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning. I'd better keep watching the clock. This is a good game.

Way to go Gmum . I'll be getting there (the end) in a few days, I think.

Edited on 06/10/2012 at 6:28:36 PM PST

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 10, 12 6:27 PM
I believe I'm in BIG TROUBLE. I have the labels on the 10 jars, but no labels for the slides???? Tried printing more and can't. Also, I have the one page article on Magic of Water and have read it, but the memo pad shows I haven't done that???? How do I rectify?

Unless I dreamed it up, I also thought I had read a book on the Magical Properties of Water, but can't find it now????
Any HELP would be appreciated.

Hello Dialogue, yes I've been rather slow as well, as this past week has been hectic. I agree it is a great game; however, the controls leave a lot to be desired. Navigating is a nightmare - I see where I want to go, but have a difficult time getting there (example is the jetty). Aside from that the game is awesome!!!! Enjoy!!!

Edited on 06/10/2012 at 6:30:32 PM PST

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 10, 12 6:41 PM
Oops, found a second set of Labels in my inventory!!!! Now that is what I call a Duh moment!!

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jun 10, 12 6:45 PM
Tidewaters I can't help you with the labels and the only thing I remember about water was a sign in the study about divining water and digging a well.

Navigation is horrible in this game. I played a maze game once that used this kind of navigation and I think a maze minigame in one of the Fall Trilogies used it too. It's hard for me to get used to no matter how many times I do it. I had problems with the jetty too. I'm grateful for the map otherwise I would never get anywhere at all.

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 10, 12 6:47 PM
What a spot - Now I can't get the labels to go on the slides?????? I'm having a doozy of a time with this task.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Jun 10, 12 7:42 PM
TideWaters...There is a room at the top of the steps that has the ** article on water **
regarding the ** labels, I think I right-click the slides then left-click the labels and brought them to the slides and left-clicked again. **

In chapter 4 and looking for a ** shield ** Must say this game is Fantastic I'm just loving it.

Regarding the navigation, I played one other game with the same type of navigation it was Barrow Hill way back when I was a beginner. So I'm finding it easy to get around. Sorry you are having a hard time Dialogue, but it'll get easier the longer you play.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 10, 12 7:49 PM
I had the same trouble, TW. Combining only works one way round.

sunshinej, you may have seen my hint for this before: one hundred and eighty!

Edited on 06/10/2012 at 7:50:48 PM PST

[Post New]by TideWaters on Jun 10, 12 8:23 PM
OK - So fin slap me!!!! Bumbled my way through the slides and now making bread. What is a 2 lb tin??? I can't find a bread loaf pan. I have found all the ingredients with the exception of the tin. I have scoured both the kitchen and the pantry. I also have the flour in the bowl, but now can't add the salt. Do I need a sifter??? Maybe I just have been playing to long and my brain is now "certified mush". LOL

Thanks Sunshinej and Mr. Russ. Appreciate the comments!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 10, 12 10:12 PM
I haven't a clue what chapter I'm on (how do you know?) maybe I am at the beginning of the game lol as I'm collecting branches which I think I have to collect '11' (probably not) but only got 9 and can't pick up one so back to it.

It was the navigation that put me off at the beginning as I remember it took me ages to find one of the rooms upstairs and I don't like 360 in LF games! Apart from the navigation it is good.

I've so many pages to read here in this thread but at least when no one is around there is help to be had.

Now I know my way around again, can start playing it.

Is there anywhere in the game you can pick up a map?
As if there is I haven't got one and It would be handy.

Edited on 06/10/2012 at 10:32:13 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jun 10, 12 11:11 PM
I am at a wall with star blinking and scraped some moss, I have uncovered the words 'the means to fullness scattered through fire air restored' and there is a number 11 there doesn't seem to be anything else to scrape as I have gone over all the stones and don't see moss. and my curser isn't turning into anything over the words or the star.

I read in the last page about an order to click on things but what do I use to click with as clicking on any stone isn't working?
end

Giving up for the night hopefully there will be some help by tomorrow.
oh and if there is map somewhere please let me know!

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 10, 12 11:12 PM
gingergal wrote:I haven't a clue what chapter I'm on (how do you know?) maybe I am at the beginning of the game lol as I'm collecting branches which I think I have to collect '11' (probably not) but only got 9 and can't pick up one so back to it.

It was the navigation that put me off at the beginning as I remember it took me ages to find one of the rooms upstairs and I don't like 360 in LF games! Apart from the navigation it is good.

I've so many pages to read here in this thread but at least when no one is around there is help to be had.

Now I know my way around again, can start playing it.

Is there anywhere in the game you can pick up a map?
As if there is I haven't got one and It would be handy.

Hi gingergal
Sounds like you're in chapter 2 'Earth'. The branch you can't pick up is not one of the 10 you can collect in this chapter. There will be another one lying around somewhere. If you're still stuck, let me know which number you're missing (mouse over the twigs in inventory to get the number). You already have a map if you scroll down to the bottom of the screen (I hope )
Hope that helps.

[Post New]by kazkaz1957 on Jun 10, 12 11:18 PM
gingergal wrote:I am at a wall with star blinking and scraped some moss, I have uncovered the words 'the means to fullness scattered through fire air restored' and there is a number 11 there doesn't seem to be anything else to scrape as I have gone over all the stones and don't see moss. and my curser isn't turning into anything over the words or the star.

I read in the last page about an order to click on things but what do I use to click with as clicking on any stone isn't working?
end

Giving up for the night hopefully there will be some help by tomorrow.
oh and if there is map somewhere please let me know!

Hi gingergal
Hope this will help with the wall puzzle:
***The number that appears as 11 is a roman numberal II (2) but that's not obvious until you have a look around that area for other bits of wall with similar numerals at the top. Once you've found them, it should make more sense of the piece of slate with the flashing stars.***

Go to: