Re:Post any game related technical issues here only

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jun 2, 15 9:09 AM
poolkng3 wrote:Ericka I am using IE but I have the game in the game manager thing

Hi Poolkng,

Try logging in to the game from the website. That usually unlocks any game manager issues. If it doesn't, contact Big Fish, because the game manager isn't ours to support.

Erika

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Jun 3, 15 6:39 PM
Just a heads up...
The game manager isn't loading the BW2 game at all for some reason today.
The error message says:
Failed to load user data. Please refresh and/or try loading the game in a different web browser.
Array ( [network] => bigfish [user_name] => null [api_ret] => {"userName":"","userToken":null,"sessInfo":null,"isv":2,"time":1433381545,"sig":"7f3cab5a0dda576e006cbd239222e5f2c0c4a98b5e55630268a281c61d896b35"} )

Works okay when you go straight to a browser (currently playing it on the latest Chrome) but not when you try loading it from the game manager.
Thought I should drop in a note about it. I did try refreshing... Well as best I could... It doesn't work the same way as a regular "browser" thing though so right clicking and hitting "back" was pretty much all I could do and that didn't accomplish anything.
Not sure if this is a "help ticket" worthy glitch or just one of those, "give it a lil time, it'll straighten itself out" things.
Either way, I figured I should mention it on here.
Have a cool day y'all.

~edits~
I Just filed a ticket this morning. Not sure what will come of it. But as the problem is still there, I figured I should probably file one. [shrugs]
We'll see what, if anything, will come of it.

Edited on 06/04/2015 at 11:33:40 PM PST

[Post New]by Heidi_1213 on Jun 8, 15 9:16 AM
I fixed this "glitch" by reloading, but I thought I'd mention it here. When I tried to plant a new crop, instead of bringing up the store it automatically planted the last crop I had grown. It actually did this twice, because that happened to be the crop I wanted the first time, so I didn't bother reloading. When I did, everything was back to normal.

Thanks!

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 9, 15 1:47 PM
I keep getting
Error applying purchase effect
when I try to plant fruit. Then the game locked up 2x and would not load 2x.

I am playing from my browser, not the game manager so that should not be the issue.

Thanks!

I got back in and finally was able to plant my cantaloupe! But maybe you could still take a look. Sometimes things like this happen when you are adding or deleting something, but I did not see anything extra.

Edited on 06/09/2015 at 1:50:42 PM PST

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jun 9, 15 2:58 PM
Hi Dancer,

At around 1.47 pm Pacific, the Amazon server actually crashed. That's why you couldn't plant.

Erika

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Jun 11, 15 8:05 PM
An update on that ticket...
The tech support said it was a "browser problem" and to contact the main support people. Who then sent me a couple of form letters giving "tips" on pretty much everything But the problem I was asking them to look into.
Which, by the by, is Still There. And BW2 is the Only game that I'm getting this problem with.
So I guess it's wait until the current event's done and see if they fix it when it's reworked for That or... I don know. Whatever I guess. Meh.

6-22 update:
Problem's still there and neither side of the mess wants to take the "credit" for it.
The devs sent me to the support people who then gave me nothing and said it was the Devs' problem...
So basically nobody Knows what the problem is, they just know it's not Theirs.

Bureaucracy at its finest... I get the distinct impression that there are just too many folks that patterned their supposed "business" model after the workings of the government.
Ya know if we didn't have the pass-the-buck-a-thon, we might actually get something accomplished in the world.

Edited on 06/22/2015 at 8:42:37 AM PST

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 22, 15 9:03 AM
I got 4 magic beans and harvested them. When I went to turn them in, it said I had only harvested 1 of 4. I double checked and there are no beans left to plant, so the general store quest can't reset. Stranger still. I harvested some super blueberries, and it is now saying I have 3 of 4 of the magic beans!! I cleared the cach and restarted the game numerous times, but I still have only 3 of the 4 required beans. I did turn in a ticket last week, but have not yet heard anything... So I am still missing all the general store quests.

Thanks for any help.
@erika THis is still stuck. Ticket is still open, too.

Edited on 06/23/2015 at 7:13:22 AM PST

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jun 23, 15 12:35 PM
kstormgemini wrote:An update on that ticket...
6-22 update:
Problem's still there and neither side of the mess wants to take the "credit" for it.
The devs sent me to the support people who then gave me nothing and said it was the Devs' problem...

Bureaucracy at its finest... I get the distinct impression that there are just too many folks that patterned their supposed "business" model after the workings of the government.
Ya know if we didn't have the pass-the-buck-a-thon, we might actually get something accomplished in the world.

Hi kstorm,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with the game manager.

It's not a case of passing the buck. Our game is a web browser game. That Big Fish allows you to play it with the Game manger application is nothing we can control and there is no way for us to support their software.

If you do want to play the game, sounds like you need to use a browser.

Erika

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jun 23, 15 12:36 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote:I got 4 magic beans and harvested them. When I went to turn them in, it said I had only harvested 1 of 4. I double checked and there are no beans left to plant, so the general store quest can't reset. Stranger still. I harvested some super blueberries, and it is now saying I have 3 of 4 of the magic beans!! I cleared the cach and restarted the game numerous times, but I still have only 3 of the 4 required beans. I did turn in a ticket last week, but have not yet heard anything... So I am still missing all the general store quests.

Thanks for any help.
@erika THis is still stuck. Ticket is still open, too.

Hi Dancer,

Sorry about the delay in responding to your ticket. Justin is quite a bit busy and hasn't had time for tickets with all the meetings he's had in the past two days. I will see if he can spare a minute to tackle yours today.

Erika

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 23, 15 1:40 PM
Thanks @erika, I would appreciate it. Can't find that darn bean anywhere!

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 24, 15 1:40 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote:Thanks @erika, I would appreciate it. Can't find that darn bean anywhere!

Still no fix for the magic bean glitch. @erika, could you please check again. Ticket that I turned in on 6/19 still not opened and this afternoon is 6/24.

[Post New]by erika_kramer1 on Jun 24, 15 4:30 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote:
HorseDancer1 wrote:Thanks @erika, I would appreciate it. Can't find that darn bean anywhere!

Still no fix for the magic bean glitch. @erika, could you please check again. Ticket that I turned in on 6/19 still not opened and this afternoon is 6/24.

It's been replied to.

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jun 24, 15 6:43 PM
erika_kramer1 wrote:
HorseDancer1 wrote:

It's been replied to.

Thanks! That is the only time anything like this has happened to me.

[Post New]by kstormgemini on Jun 25, 15 8:30 PM
erika_kramer1 wrote:
kstormgemini wrote:An update on that ticket...
6-22 update:

Hi kstorm,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with the game manager.

It's not a case of passing the buck. Our game is a web browser game. That Big Fish allows you to play it with the Game manger application is nothing we can control and there is no way for us to support their software.

If you do want to play the game, sounds like you need to use a browser.

Erika

I was for a while but I just quit playing after a time. The only games I tend to play straight to the browser was/is on facebook. Because generally speaking the window tends to be cut off & a pita to see everything. Kinda like the difference between using "shoe box" format versus "modified to fit your television" format.
But in any case I decided to check it from the gm & they apparently got around to fixing it.
As to not passing the buck, when the parties involved point to each other as the one to blame, I call that passing the buck. Which was the response I got... One side was blaming the other and back and forth.
I honestly don't care who was to blame for the coding screw up. I just wanted to play the game in the best possible form.
Now that it's fixed, I couldn't care less whether it was the gm proggers or the browser peeps that messed up. I'm just okay with having my game back the way I felt comfortable playing it. And that's all that matters to me.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jun 25, 15 10:25 PM
FYI Luau Lou's and vacation val quest reward only shows an island token. The XP they normally give is not showing as the purple XP reward, for awhile now, but a player just checked and it seems the XP shows up on the XP bar.

I finally figured out why I could not feed my horse for the mana xp. it seems there is an internal error? Even though it was highlighted, it would not allow me to feed it since the possible bonus came up. (Yes, it WAS one of the 4 possible bonuses) Tonight, I kept trying exchanging horses ... and eventually it did 'allow" me to clink on the mana bonus feed but it froze.and I got "internal error." This last time when I refreshed the game (I had closed and started the game before) I was able to use it, finally. Not sure is a problem with the game site or your server, and did not write down the actual error code sorry!

Addendum: This happened to me again, and with the mana bonus feed and yes, it was in the 4 chance bonuses AND was highlighted in the feed inventory, so that makes THREE times that I could not feed the mana bonus, but having no trouble with the rest.

Edited on 07/05/2015 at 8:50:18 AM PST

[Post New]by Peppergen on Jul 1, 15 11:12 PM
When I go into my inventory on Amicus Island there is no place to close the screen. I can't get out of the menu, so I have been refreshing the game to exit the screen. This is very annoying if you get the Gem or Treasure hunt, because you have to go to your inventory to read the clue even though it pops up when you find it. When I get this quest I have to refresh game six times to finish it. HELP! I've tried to change the view CTR +- it doesn't help. I am playing in firefox.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 3, 15 9:41 AM
Today, I used my last large energy pack and when it was 127 left (I think so anyway as I had returned from making a coffee) I clicked on a bush and it turned to 10 energy left, and I was unable to use even that. A pop-up box said something is wrong, and the details, when I clicked on it for more info said "looks like you are out of energy" yet it said I had 10 and the bush was 8. it would not let me click without the popup, so had to refresh.

[Post New]by Suki79 on Jul 3, 15 11:34 AM
Hello all,

I need a bit of help. My character is in the Kraken's Lair and trapped by the skeleton of a dolphin. I can't get out and my play in the field is stopped. Can someone help me get moving again?

I opened a ticket and am still awaiting word.

I did not kill the dolphin.

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 3, 15 2:31 PM
Suki79 wrote:Hello all,

I need a bit of help. My character is in the Kraken's Lair and trapped by the skeleton of a dolphin. I can't get out and my play in the field is stopped. Can someone help me get moving again?

I asked a player in pm (always helpful rumbitothecore) and she said"

"The only thing I can think of which may help is... right click on the game window and choose clear cache, then refresh. She could also try to escape if the area window will open, and transport to a previous field. If that doesn't work, she will have to wait until a dev answers her ticket. Good luck to her "

I hope that works! if not, while you wait, here is an interesting read tht might have inspired the developers

http://www.livescience.com/40856-kraken-rises-with-new-fossil-evidence.html

and a video I found as I looked for the Wiki answer... (did not find one) to watch while you wait! (The video is not for the squeamish)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9A-oxUMAy8

Kittypurrrs
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by Kittypurrrs on Jul 5, 15 8:46 AM
From Patriot thread:

teisfortiger wrote:Anyone having problems with their launcher? Mine won't let me change the special's setting, or use the colors green and yellow.

I am not a quick as you so do not have green yet, but cannot use yellow, the launch order does not match the set-up and I can only use one special so far, speedy and longer.

Addendum: Nope cannot use green or yellow and acquired both, so adding yours and my note to technical to advise them.

Go to: