mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

Re:AoM: Hunt for the Puppeteer group play, started Aug. 3rd, all welcome!

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 9, 13 5:23 AM
A HUGE CONGRATS DEBBI, MCQUIGAN, HARLEQUEN AND RAVEN

debbi...I had to laugh, the best of everything is in the quilt room. Know what you mean...it's also supplied with the most expensive equipment !!!

mcquigan...Esc key . Sure wish I'd know that to get thru that opener scene. Have to remember that for other games.

abiloo...Have you gotten thru that part? If not, *** be sure to lock the door as soon as you get into the room, then you can find the secret room and throw the map out the window. ***

My most annoying part of the game was at the very end when she needs the *** hose. She was down in the tunnel with the broken stairs. I was going back-and-forth, to-and-fro. I kept missing a single phrase she needed to say to activate the trigger. *** GRRRR. I empathized with Branes and was about ready to give it up.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 9, 13 5:53 AM
marianne--I know what you mean about that part.
What I do not understand about games-not just this one,
but all of them--how ***come you have to go through all
that nonsense and the bad guy doesn't? They're
just waiting for you

As for the ending ***Even the brother was confused.**

abiloo---of course your uncomfortable---your 12 months pregnant!
Just finding a comfortable position is a challenge.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 9, 13 5:55 AM
luvtoread, that's very funny and very true! It reminds me of The Pandora Directive again. How come Regan managed to go round the outside and Tex didn't?

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 9, 13 6:11 AM
luvtoread and Mr_Russ...Hmmmm, good thoughts. I also wondered and just figured that since Tex and Nicole were the main characters, all their challenges were our problems to solve. But why didn't the bad guys ever have any problems? Especially in the example Mr_Russ gave with Regan able to go round the outside but Tex couldn't? Never understood that.

I didn't get the ending of this game at all. The brother appears, talks about things that happened 200 hundred years ago and I thought HUH ? What did I miss? I would have repeated his conversation, but I didn't want to go back to a Save to have him repeat it. So like you luvtoread, I left the game totally confused.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 9, 13 6:27 AM
I understand the why? (motive: revenge) but not the why now?
The trigger for the whole thing appears to be something that the perp found / was given in New Orleans linked to Marc Taine, but I don't know all of it.

Edited on 08/09/2013 at 6:30:29 AM PST

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Aug 9, 13 6:28 AM
marianne wrote:
I didn't get the ending of this game at all. The brother appears, talks about things that happened 200 hundred years ago and I thought HUH ? What did I miss? I would have repeated his conversation, but I didn't want to go back to a Save to have him repeat it. So like you luvtoread, I left the game totally confused.

I didn't understand the ending either, was the *brother* even mentioned earlier in the game? I thought it was a shame that the story failed in the end because it had a very original start.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Aug 9, 13 6:58 AM
Congrats Raven!!!

Now take the garlic, I'm opening the other group!

Min.

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on Aug 9, 13 6:59 AM
lol 12 months pregnant Yeah I FEEL 12 months pregnant hehe

Thanks for that tip *Didn't realise I could throw the map out the window!*

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 9, 13 7:03 AM
Raven...Yes, the brother was mentioned earlier and I remember a scene with a man wearing a hood, but I thought he was a bad guy. And I knew it re revenge of what had happened 200 years earlier. But as Mr_Russ says...why now? What was the reason for revenge 200 hundreds years later??? In fact, I was surprised to see the brother at the end and learn he was a good guy. A connection was missing.

Catfish_girl
Manatee
Manatee
3,605 Posts

[Post New]by Catfish_girl on Aug 9, 13 7:20 AM
Congrats Raven_wing

In regards to the end of the game and the motive *I think our mistake is that we want an explanation and a reason While the objective clearly is that there is no reasoning with mental disturbed people and the criminally insane if we could follow their logic, provided there is one, we would probably be just as disturbed Even the brother doesn't understand and he is reasonably normal, just being a greedy criminal *

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on Aug 9, 13 8:00 AM
Oh no! Oh no!

grrrrrr, I've tried the game now 4 times, on different saves, and it keeps coming up with an error, oh no!!

Edited on 08/09/2013 at 8:00:34 AM PST

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 9, 13 8:19 AM
Catfish_girl wrote:[b]
In regards to the end of the game and the motive *I think our mistake is that we want an explanation and a reason While the objective clearly is that there is no reasoning with mental disturbed people and the criminally insane if we could follow their logic, provided there is one, we would probably be just as disturbed Even the brother doesn't understand and he is reasonably normal, just being a greedy criminal *

You're right CfG. I guess we are trying too hard to make sense out of the actions when they don't make sense.

I will say tho that I didn't much care for the dialogue. I kept expecting something more. Sometimes I had to remind myself that it's just a game. Like sending a young, pretty and not too experienced FBI girl out to find a maniac serial killer...alone.

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Aug 9, 13 8:37 AM
In regards to the ending game and the motive *I had forgotten all about the scene with the hooded man, now we know who he is but at the time he was only on the screen for a few seconds. CFG I agree with you, he had to have been criminally insane to commit all those crimes for revenge for what happened 200 years ago. It's odd how he somehow believed it would change their misfortune. Am I the only one that wanted to see what was behind that final door.*

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Aug 9, 13 8:57 AM
Raven...I'm with you and I felt like the ending should have had more. Hope that makes sense.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by heleanthia on Aug 9, 13 9:07 AM
Wow thanks everyone! A BIG congratulations to everyone who has managed to finish too! HUGS!
Well the plot was VERY odd, indeed...
I really was sad to see so many nice people being killed
(especially the old fellow in the bookstore, somehow that really got me, I guess after he was talking about his grandson and seemed so sweet.)

Also ( I was glad that we didn't have to go through a maze in the catacombs at the end, as it really looked for a while that, that was where the game was headed? BUT in spite of my dislike of mazes, I would have loved to see the catacombs in more detail too )

Gingergal, any puzzle which is timed is my nemesis...I cannot tell you how long I have replayed certain parts of various Nancy Drew Games, , sometimes successfully but often not..lol

I am now started in Dracula Origin...hope to see lots of you there?

Edited on 08/09/2013 at 9:09:56 AM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Aug 9, 13 9:40 AM
Congrats Raven_wing

I think that how the game was set up at the beginning, I thought that the Puppeteer would be a * Intellectual Psychopath, who'll do things very cleverly, not that dump little brother, *

I also think that if we could have read some of the * Letters * that we found everywhere, we may had some more insight to the whole story, as I said before, I wish that we could have gone in to the * Catacomb *

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Aug 9, 13 12:02 PM
In regards to ending game and the motive (SPOILERS)

harlequen * * Yes I agree with you, from the very first crime scene we are to believe there is an intellectual psychopath from the very way he poses his victim and creates those dolls to all the planning. To be able to read the letters would have helped quite a lot because not only do I not have the murder's true story and why he is doing this firm in my head but I don't have what happened 200 years ago firm in my head either; that is adding to some of my comfusion. *

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Aug 9, 13 2:13 PM
Raven_wing wrote:In regards to ending game and the motive (SPOILERS)

harlequen * * Yes I agree with you, from the very first crime scene we are to believe there is an intellectual psychopath from the very way he poses his victim and creates those dolls to all the planning. To be able to read the letters would have helped quite a lot because not only do I not have the murder's true story and why he is doing this firm in my head but I don't have what happened 200 years ago firm in my head either; that is adding to some of my comfusion. *

Raven_wing You explain so well, it's true * we really didn't know what happened 200 years ago, other that somebody wasn't paid, that was very lame, now that I think about it, this game was a disappointment with the plot, not very well executed *

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Aug 9, 13 4:20 PM
ravenwing congratulations (and anyone else who I missed)

marianne - I think you forgot to white out your posts when talking about the ending, as there is major spoilers in it regarding the plot

re plot *exactly! Apart from killing descendants for wrongs done in the past, which makes no sense what was the original wrong done? Although even if that was explained it ends up being a madman plot and not a concise, clear reason - straightforward revenge or greed, or cover up. Killing a son of someone who has wronged you or your family makes more sense, than all these different people who's ancient ancestor's somehow is involved. As you said CFG at the end everyone seems confused and it's sort of is mumbled over as even the devs must realise it doesn't make sense.*

Edited on 08/09/2013 at 4:22:19 PM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 9, 13 4:42 PM
I've just finished. Linear to the end.
As far as I can tell, there are two strands to this - 1.the murderer's family was cheated out of its treasure by the Community of Nine.2
the murderer blamed the community of nine for the family's 200 years of bad luck ....
We are given a third clue - the trigger - ... which culminated in the deaths of their parents.

Go to: