Re:Post any Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' Technical Issues here

[Post New]by TEDDIBARE49 on Nov 16, 13 12:57 PM
when playing this game i cannot do the thanksgiving missions as the banner at the bottom of screen is covering the logo to enter and improve what they ask us to do. can you move the banner somewhere else?

[Post New]by pianogob on Nov 16, 13 1:04 PM
TEDDIBARE49 wrote:when playing this game i cannot do the thanksgiving missions as the banner at the bottom of screen is covering the logo to enter and improve what they ask us to do. can you move the banner somewhere else?

Ditto. Why does every "improvement" make it worse?

[Post New]by waterspideer on Nov 16, 13 3:59 PM
Hello If you click in the top left corner of the Thanksgiving Banner and you will see the magnifying glass area to let you go into the designs Hope this helps.

[Post New]by snowfreak413 on Nov 16, 13 5:20 PM
DO NOT AUCTION ANYTHING. you will loose your item and never get paid for it, I auctioned over $10,000 worth of items that were bought at the buy out price and haven;t recievied a dime never mind the the buyout price. THE AUCTION IS A SCAM, YOU CAN SPEND YOUR MONEY TO BUY THINGS BUT IF YOU TRY TO SELL THINGS YOU LOOSE.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Nov 17, 13 4:11 AM
Tech support has suggested I un-install and re-install and if that doesn't work, to try running the game as administrator. They say I shouldn't lose anything, but I am hesitant. Has anyone done this with success?? I would hate to lose everything.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 17, 13 7:20 AM
HHSan wrote:Tech support has suggested I un-install and re-install and if that doesn't work, to try running the game as administrator. They say I shouldn't lose anything, but I am hesitant. Has anyone done this with success?? I would hate to lose everything.

Yes, it is safe. Whether it will work or not is another story.

[Post New]by MrsLoach44 on Nov 17, 13 10:06 AM
This game has such potential to be so fun, yet it is becoming increasingly frustrating:

1: The artifacts from the higher level of the mini-games are rarely credited to my collections, especially if there is a quest associated with it. Golfer George in the Art Studio, Purple Heart in Photography studio, Sweatshirt in the Fishery, etc.

2. Auctions: I have quit auctioning my items because the game money is never credited to me. I have the most current version, 1.204

3. I will be in the middle of a HOS in one of the cities and the game will freeze up so that I have to quit it from task manager. My energy points have been lost and nothing is credited to my collections.

4. There is no way to get all the achievements. How can you get 24 out of 24 cities unlocked when there are only 18 cities available? Also, how can you unlock all the pets when only 4 are available?

These are the most current irksome problems with this game.

[Post New]by Markkemper on Nov 17, 13 3:27 PM
The game doesn't give me quests very often. I think it's given me 2 quests in the past week. It's frustrating because I want to do the Thanksgiving quests, but so far it's only done the first 2. Is there anything I can do to get more of them? By the way, I think the people who made this game are amazingly talented and this game is incredibly fun and addictive...even with the glitches! I can't wait to do more quests though!!!!!

Edited on 11/17/2013 at 3:32:30 PM PST

[Post New]by KarenAnnIrving on Nov 17, 13 3:46 PM
When I tried to play the game yesterday I was "told" I was logged in as "esuom". Same thing happened today. Only problem is this is not my user name!

How do I get back to being "me" please?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 17, 13 8:34 PM
G'day,

I wanted to pop in an let you know that while many of the issues with the Auction House were addressed with last week's updates, we will continue to investigate why some users are having continued difficulty with this part of the game.

KarenAnnIrving that is very strange indeed! If you haven't already, please reach out to Customer Support they'll work with you to try and get you back to being you in the game.

Markkemper Does this include the Thanksgiving quests?
It is possible that you've worked your way through the available content (seasonal fun aside) but rest assured the developers are hard at work on updates as we speak.

bfgMurrumbidgee

lev614
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by lev614 on Nov 17, 13 10:26 PM
I have a couple of glitches.
in the the tick tock quest butterfly sanctuary #12, I have played it at least 10 times and it still doesn't reward me for playing. In Bridgeport Conn picky shopper mode, the clue for the loch ness monster is missing , just random numbers and letters. Then when I try to auction anything it says successful but I never get the coin.

Thanks

[Post New]by Aryvara7980 on Nov 17, 13 10:54 PM
Heres my issue and I know I am not alone in this one. I auction off items, it says so much is paid to me but I NEVER receive that money. This has happened several times and frankly its rather annoying and frustrating!!

[Post New]by Aryvara7980 on Nov 17, 13 10:56 PM
MrsLoach44 wrote:This game has such potential to be so fun, yet it is becoming increasingly frustrating:

1: The artifacts from the higher level of the mini-games are rarely credited to my collections, especially if there is a quest associated with it. Golfer George in the Art Studio, Purple Heart in Photography studio, Sweatshirt in the Fishery, etc.

2. Auctions: I have quit auctioning my items because the game money is never credited to me. I have the most current version, 1.204

3. I will be in the middle of a HOS in one of the cities and the game will freeze up so that I have to quit it from task manager. My energy points have been lost and nothing is credited to my collections.

4. There is no way to get all the achievements. How can you get 24 out of 24 cities unlocked when there are only 18 cities available? Also, how can you unlock all the pets when only 4 are available?

These are the most current irksome problems with this game.

I feel your frustration completely and I share it aswell!

[Post New]by MrsLoach44 on Nov 18, 13 1:26 AM
ARYVARA,

I forgot to mention that sometimes in HOS, the cities pops up in code so I have to use the "hint/help/pet" option. This game is becoming tedious. Wait. A game is tedious??? Listen here BIG FISH GAMES, AND THIS INCLUDES YOU BFDEVERON who monitors these discussions: the people have spoken and are speaking. Your free game seems to not be as cool as it used to be. It's one thing to waste time and money on a game that relaxes after a hard day's work. It's entirely another issue to waste time and money on a game that gives nothing back. If this post is censored, shame on BFG. Why not release no more updates until all the glitches have been fixed by a professional? In the mean time, how about a message of apology to all loyal players with some free coins thrown in to compensate all we have lost in auctions? Where is Customer Service? This game reflects upon every other game BFG tries to sell.... get wise.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 1:36:45 AM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Nov 18, 13 4:32 AM
Another issue almost as annoying as the game glitches is trying to use the BFG search engine to search topics before posting. I'm quite sure this glitch or issue has been previously mentioned but I can't find it.

My "Neighbors Achievement" is stuck at 25 out of 50. I have over 50 neighbors. Most, are requests I have accepted, so I'm guessing it's possible that I have to enter social codes to count for this achievement, but when I do, 99% of them result in an error message.

[Post New]by Karen_and_Danny on Nov 18, 13 7:31 AM
TEDDIBARE49 wrote:when playing this game i cannot do the thanksgiving missions as the banner at the bottom of screen is covering the logo to enter and improve what they ask us to do. can you move the banner somewhere else?

I am having this problem also and I have done all the quests except two (one I skipped by using my gold and one I could not access because of above) but only the first one and yesterday's registered - it says 2/? (sorry I for got the number under it.)

I can't buy any more gold the screen goes screwy. Hope they fix this soon so I can get back to playing.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 18, 13 9:38 AM
I just started having a problem I havent seen before. It started about 15 minutes ago. My game screen is flashing on and off. I cant play at all with it doing that. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is it just me?

Ive tried everything, I updated my drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled Big Fish app and game, updated Adobe flash, deleted a bunch of other stuff off my computer, But none of this helps. The game just keeps flashing on and off.

Edited on 11/18/2013 at 10:49:41 AM PST

[Post New]by verrechroma on Nov 18, 13 9:45 AM
I get paid for some things I auction. Since I stopped paying for anything with my real money and have been playing for free for quite awhile I have been continuing to auction things to see what goes through and what does not (I have nothing to lose). One item that I have successfully sold three times has not paid me. It is The Crimson Devil. Several other items pay out but this one consistently does not.

Also, the game intermittently kicks my computer off the internet completely so that I must shut down and restart to re-establish an internet connection.

I enjoy so many things about this game, especially some of the nice conversations I have with friends I have made. I look forward to your next fix and hope it is soon.

mguthrie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by mguthrie on Nov 18, 13 1:33 PM
I am still losing gold. I tried to collect the rewards on five special collections. Four of them paid the 10 gold bars, but the fifth didn't. I was cashing in 50 to buy the berry pop, but I ended up with only 40. I then played one city, returned to the home screen, and saw my total had dropped to 30. This has happened so many times that it is getting to be very discouraging.

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 18, 13 5:11 PM
G'day,

Thank you for continuing to bring these matters to our attention, please let me assure you that we are listening and passing them along to the developers who are able to investigate and resolve these issues that are impacting customers.

The nature of the game does mean that for fixes to be applied to resolve issues the game itself does need to be updated. A lot of testing is done beforehand, but we do appreciate your patience when things go awry.

If you have been having issues and haven't already done so, please reach out to Customer Support and let them know which version you have installed, as much as you can about what is happening and we'll continue to work with the developers to resolve these matter.

bfgMurrumbidge

Go to: