snowgopat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by snowgopat on Feb 28, 14 2:00 PM
Can the techies let people know of an "ah oh" before it happens to other?

I needed to update my PC from Windows XP to Windows 8.1. Before doing the update I ran a Microsoft scan that showed me which apps would be transferred to the new 8.1 version and which ones would not.

Big Fish Games showed up as one of the apps that would transfer. So I went ahead and did the 8.1 update. After the update I was able to recover any game that I had purchased through the BFG Purchase History. However,

FREE GAMES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN PURCHASE HISTORY!

So, be cautions--back up "Midnight Castle" before you do an update or all progress, diamonds or tokens purchased, friend IDs will be lost.

snowgopat
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Midnight Castle and Coupon Codes

[Post New]by snowgopat on Feb 28, 14 2:02 PM
When I click on the upper right to go to the purchase screen at Midnight Castle, I see where my credit card information, etc., is stored and there is a place to put in a coupon code. But a BFG code is not accepted and a message displays indicating that I can not use a coupon code in this game.

Why are coupon codes not accepted?

Thanks

[Post New]by wytch61 on Feb 28, 14 2:40 PM
I got tto the Keeper of the castle and the game stopped working and now I can't open it . it says stopped working due to technical issues. and I just bought about 10 dollars worths of the diamonds.
Wytch61

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 28, 14 3:02 PM
I've had a couple of odd things happen.

Very occasionally (maybe 3 times?) when I enter a HOS it brings up only the background but not the object list or objects on the screen. The only way I can get out of this is by ending the program in task manager. I can then restart MC and go into that HOS with no problems.

I've selected an avatar but have been told by a friend that the generic outline picture is showing up in the gifting screen. I don't know if this is showing to everyone or only that friend.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Feb 28, 14 3:17 PM
Hey All,

I just wanted to pop in and let you know that the developers are still at work on a patch for the .exe error and to add additional game content. I apologize for the delay and we hope to have more information soon.

If you are having an tech problem other than the error described above, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot that issue for you.

snowgopat, Unfortunately, Game Club credits and coupon codes given out by Big Fish cannot be applied to in-game purchases for our free-to-play games. Those codes work for game purchases on our website only. I apologize for the inconvenience.

bfgWendwater

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 3:24:18 PM PST

[Post New]by Rapunzela on Feb 28, 14 6:15 PM
Valdy wrote:I just gifted the last person I could gift today, and the game froze on "Please wait". My gift was given, but I didn't get the "Thank You" card.

I hope this isn't going to be one of those glitches that will come up from time to time...

Having the same problem, except it doesn't wait for the last (5th) person. Has withheld thank yous from three gifts and then given two. Has happened on multiple days.

[Post New]by Rapunzela on Feb 28, 14 6:18 PM
chrisnrob wrote:got to the bit where you have to talk to the keeper but just keeps telling me to wait for update?

Have been stuck there for several days also. When I manually check for updates, it says there are two, but then won't show me any to select. Glad to know I should give up on this game rather than checking daily for a nonexistent update.

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 6:26:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Rapunzela on Feb 28, 14 6:19 PM
jihogwais wrote:I downloaded this game on January 2 and when I went to play it the next day it started with the fish splash screen then gave me an error saying "No connection" " unable to connect to the server". It was using the game cursor and frame to show the error, not a windows frame. I have no problem with any of my other games at all. I tried uninstalling, downloading and re-installing again but it keeps giving me the same error. Any suggestions? I have other free to play games that work just fine. Iam on a PC with Windows XP.
Thanks

Ditto except I haven't reinstalled and I am on a PC with Windows 8. Other programs access the net fine while this one has "server problems."

Edited on 02/28/2014 at 6:21:07 PM PST

[Post New]by Rapunzela on Feb 28, 14 6:25 PM
rosiebvt wrote:I've had a couple of odd things happen.

Very occasionally (maybe 3 times?) when I enter a HOS it brings up only the background but not the object list or objects on the screen. The only way I can get out of this is by ending the program in task manager. I can then restart MC and go into that HOS with no problems.

It has happened to me more than 3 times. Hope it will be fixed in an update in the near future.

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Feb 28, 14 9:55 PM
Puck200 wrote:i wait now 6 weeks for an update!!!

Same here. Are they even planning to fix this problem?

joyeb
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by joyeb on Mar 2, 14 2:42 AM
went to play the game today and got the message midnightcastle.exe stopped working. is there a solution to this problem. i'm playing on a pc.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 2, 14 6:21 AM
"Helped" Cards 2

Dear developers,

I know you are all busy writing the programs to repair the game and further additions. I just want to call your attention.

It seems that more "Helped" cards keeps staying in my Wishlist, after gifting a Friend. So, everybody I gifted the last few days and weeks, I cann’t gift anymore (I already "Helped"). There is probably no reset of the gifting list the next day, I presume.

To anybody who reads this post, I will mention the Friends I cannot gift back at the moment. A few Friends have reached level 18, so I do not know if they are still in the game. Here are the Friends who’s list are locked because the program does not reset (the number between the brackets is the level they are or were, according to my game): A Rose (18), AbigailCeleste (11), Aekahaerceg (18), AM Wolfenraindancer (18), Amaryllis (14), Angeleye2 (14), Ava (17), awalkinglady2 (17), AYONA (14), barb (13), Bedazzle (17), Bijou (17), Blanco (18), CC PJ (10), Chaos (9), Charlemagne (13), Cheryl (17), dawn (18), EggNog (17), Georgie (18), Haley (17), Hat Lady (17), Hilton (14), IT CROWD (13), JaneG (18), Janna (14), Josephine (13), josie (10), Khar 2 (11), Kirby (17), LadyB (11), Lies_again (18), Linda (9), Lisa (18), MangoColoda (14), Melissa (16), Melissa (13), Mi MI (17), Mii (18), Miss Dutch (17), Mo (17), Mom (18), MrsPuzzler (18), MT (13), mistique , NyneZ (18), Pezz (13), Rowenna (16), suze (18), TeeCee (18), ZippyBos (12) and __La Linea (18).

Greetings to developers and Friends,

Duncan

[Post New]by breadbakingmum on Mar 2, 14 1:36 PM
Hi All..

I have been playing for an hour or so tonight and now "cannot connect to server". Its currently 9.30 pm here in Scotland. Anyone else having this issue ?

Bee zz

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Mar 2, 14 1:41 PM
Kamali wrote:All I can get this afternoon is 'Unable to connect to the server'. It's obviously not hosted on the BFG server since that's working fine.

It's very annoying, I work long hours during the week and want to play when I'm home, and what do I get? 'unable to connect to the server'! GRRRR!!!

Here we are, another weekend and what happens? 'Unable to connect to the server' again!! Are we not allowed to pay this 'free game' at the weekend or something?

ferball82
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by ferball82 on Mar 2, 14 2:04 PM
Level 18 stikes again - had around 125 gems when I got tossed out; will those gem still be there when the new update is uploaded? And any hints as to when the next update is due? Since the last update was in January, I'm not expecting one soon, but just a hint of when to start looking forward to it would be nice

muskymom
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by muskymom on Mar 3, 14 5:21 AM
Monday 7:18 level 18, " Unable to connect to server". Have been playing all along until now , collecting flowers, diamonds, etc. Now what?

[Post New]by medeva on Mar 3, 14 8:45 AM
Hello,

I have the same problem with the .exe.

Everything worked well until yesterday. Now I can't enter the game anymore, it says that midnightcastle.exe stopped working.

I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, so I hope I won't lose everything I won...

[Post New]by Tysonsnanni on Mar 3, 14 10:56 AM
I just downloaded the game and can't open at all. Sounds like I'm getting the same .exe error everyone else is getting. I was looking forward to trying this game too!

Do you think I should uninstall, then reinstall? Has anyone had any luck doing this?

riderman
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by riderman on Mar 3, 14 12:16 PM
stuck also. any ideas when the update will be ready?

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Mar 3, 14 12:26 PM
Hi, all out there,

I read a few comments about losing connection like "cannot connect to server".
I have had that "problem" too while I was downloading files. It might have to do something with downloading files and playing this game at the same time. When I quit downloading, the game had no problems with Internet-connection. Downloading and playing this game might work with the same port(s) you use. It is just a guess.

Go to: