Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum

[Post New]by CISCOKIDE on May 14, 11 11:25 AM
DIRE GROVE is without doubt the finest game I've played from the very first rumble of that diesel cranking up to the saving the world ending. I hope that it's success will mean more to come from BF of this quality. Regards

[Post New]by Ibetflores on May 21, 11 6:22 AM
Does anyone know how to find the silver? My inventory consist of a hammer, snow shoes, and a vial. I figured out the mercury but it won't let me put the empty vial in there....

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 21, 11 6:32 AM
You're missing a step. You have the inventory item for it.

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on May 30, 11 11:12 PM
This was my favorite MCF game. I knew nothing about the morphing thing I was missing though. Not sure how I feel about collector's editions. I have never bought them. they didn't seem worth it.

[Post New]by jaynabb on Jun 25, 11 12:35 PM
I can't find out the last 4 digits to Alison's phone number. Do you have to find the phone? where is it? what are the last four digits?

[Post New]by jaynabb on Jun 25, 11 12:38 PM
granddaughters2 wrote:help does anyone know where the phone number is for allisons phone

Yeah i can't find the number either and im really frustrated. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

FlatSlewFoot
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,559 Posts

[Post New]by FlatSlewFoot on Jun 25, 11 12:41 PM
SPOILER ALERT

You have to have the phone because the digits change from game to game. It's in the cottage up there where the barn is. Be sure you have the lantern from the hunting lodge before you go there (and if you don't have kerosene for the lantern go back to that mill grocery place and get it)

Because... ....the phone is under the floor board in the second room of that cottage and you need the lantern to see it to pick it up.

[Post New]by kklynns on Jun 29, 11 1:53 PM
Can somebody please tell me where the third 50 cent coin is!
I cannot find it!

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jun 29, 11 3:38 PM
Hi kklynns!

I'm not sure which 2 coins you've already found, so I'd encourage you to check out our Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Walkthrough.

Once you're there, use your computer’s search function (CTRL + F) and type the word "coin" to jump straight to each section of the game where you’ll find these.

I hope this helps, and happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by lwilliams701 on Jul 5, 11 12:29 PM
Please someone tell me how to get out of the servants quarters.

[Post New]by sfu1651 on Jul 11, 11 1:12 PM
I have completed the game and love it. I do have one question? What do I do with the snow shoes and who do I call on the phone in the celler of store also solved puzzle on barrel and do not know what its refering to there are no light houses that I can see?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 20, 11 10:45 PM
sfu1651 wrote:I have completed the game and love it. I do have one question? What do I do with the snow shoes and who do I call on the phone in the celler of store also solved puzzle on barrel and do not know what its refering to there are no light houses that I can see?

You have to have the snowshoes in your inventory to walk up the snowy hill toward the barn. You don't actually take them out of your inventory and use them, but if you don't have them in there you can't get up the hill.

Sounds like you have the Collector's Edition, there is a separate forum for the CE. Check out the thread there entitled Bonus Levels/ Locations of the 2 Felix's/ Phone # Puzzle/ Using Built-in Strategy Guide. It's on the first page of the forum, toward the top, marked with a yellow sticky note. For the barrel puzzle, you probably don't have the words in the proper locations. And to get the phone number you have to complete the game, watch all the credits and solve the puzzle at the end. All this info is in that thread.

[Post New]by RobynAL on Nov 30, 11 3:51 PM
I can't finish the game because one of the .swf files in the game I have is corrupt. I could open all the other .swf files for three of the relics but cannot do the puzzle for the fourth farmer student.

The file is located at:

ProgramFiles/MysteryCaseFilesDireGrove/Assets/Locations/puzzle_farmer

Can someone PLEASE send me the file, I really want to finish the game and have been trying to find a solution obviously to no avail.

robyn.lucas06@gmail.com

[Post New]by five2many on Dec 5, 11 6:49 AM
I have lost the round relic somewhere. Tried it earlier and now I no longer have it in my inventory? Any way to retrieve it. Tried going back to the original location and it wont let me do the puzzle again.
Thanks

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Dec 18, 11 11:57 AM
My saw disappeared after I sawed the branch.Now I need it again to saw the wood to make a fire.Am I missing a clue to get another saw?

I solved this problem. I forgot I had an axe.

Edited on 12/20/2011 at 7:30:32 PM PST

notdeadyet
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by notdeadyet on Dec 20, 11 7:29 PM
I can't find the third coin in the store. There is no red book to click on.

[Post New]by Arfa_Nower on Dec 28, 11 12:57 AM
Unlike many other games this is a mind absorbing game with puzzles as well as hidden object elements to it. The other unusual thing about this that it contains footage of how and where they made this.

Top notch graphics, artwork and audio. Like a fantastic film on DVD, you need to play it again after a while

Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Dire Grove™ forum

[Post New]by Bazakari on Jan 2, 12 2:02 AM

Help needed

by Bazakari on Jan 2, 12 1:59 AM
Hi guys am new to his am playing dire grove collectors ed and am in hunting lodge done the woman in bath relic thing but I can't click on the fire place like the guide says to activate the mini game si I can get bolt cutters to enter museum I have done everything else but this won't work I have an empty lantern on table that needs fuel does that need t be lit first??? If so where is fuel any help would be apperiated !!! Ps I'm playing on iPad

[Post New]by vj1946 on Feb 20, 12 5:14 AM
Hi everyone how many celtic ruins are there? i have three

[Post New]by Ausept on Feb 23, 12 10:31 PM
Can someone help me, I can't seem to figure out the code for the safe in the office in level 1. I know that I should look at page 8 in the book but I still can't figure it out ?

HELP, it's driving me crazy!

Thanks

Go to: