Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 9, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/09/2014 at 8:52:56 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 9, 14 8:52 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Strokes: The Legend of the Snow Kingdom here

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 9, 14 3:09 PM
The following is the review I had done for the CE version:

Hi all. I have the first Dark Strokes and really liked it. This one is a bit different. The colors are very bright and nice to look at , graphics are good for this type of game and game play was very nice, no problems at all. I do like a good fairy tale now and then and this story was right up there. Music was nice and easy to listen to, but a bit loud, so I turn it down. Voice overs are good and seem appropriate for time and setting. Didn't hear a lot in the way of sound FX, but what there was, was well done. Jump map works well, but is very bland.

Did not care for the SG at all. I prefer written directions, not a step by step picture of what needs to be done. I don't need that much hand holding and I find that my eyes get tired faster looking at pictures. Hint system is helpful, except that it only shows you where to go, not what to use once you get there. You learn more of the story as you collect more items and "slides."

HOGs are the usual and are fairly clean with items quite easy to see. Puzzles are a little different, but still no real challenge, just a little more thought. I think a beginner would find this one more challenging than an old gamer like me. However, if you just want a nice easy game, this one would be a good one.

There are a number of achievements and lots of collectibles, e.g., 35 snowflakes, 12 magic scrolls and 10 morphing items that are actually found in the HOGs. None of these items are difficult to find either.

This game is not CE worthy to me, so I will wait until the SE comes out and give it another try. I often like the SE version better, even without the extras, but this one is a no buy for me today.

Naturally, there are no collectibles in the SE version, but as I said above, I often like the SE version better. I did and I purchased the game. It is a nice game, with a nice fairy tale story that I think most anyone would enjoy.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for today. Thanks for the reviews.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 9, 14 9:31 PM
This appears to be all adventure and no HOS. After playing a little over 30 minutes of the demo, I find the story boring and silly. I have not the slightest bit of interest in this game.

[Post New]by sweetpeach77 on May 11, 14 11:25 PM
Well, I like to do the 60 minute trial before I decide to purchase a game, but as soon as I opened this game up, there way no trial. It went straight to a screen that said to purchase, much like some of the game do when you play a short demo, there just was no demo. What gives? Why put a free trail when I can't even play a demo or a piece of the game to see if it's something I would like to play?

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on May 15, 14 2:30 PM
I realized very quickly during the demo that I would love this game. I certainly don't know how a game could be more enchanting. Another 10 out of 10 here. This game melds several fairytales together in a very unique way. Excellent graphics, creative HOS and mini games. Fast hint and skip.

Voiceovers were very good as well as the cutscenes. A long game for a SE and enjoyed every minute of it. Surprising conclusion which ends very well. Whether you are a fan of these storybook games or not, you will enjoy playing this one; not girly girl at all.

HOS are not complicated, but clear and fairly easy as are the mini games which keeps the game moving along. Transporter map is exceptional and well needed as you visit many stops throughout the game. Highly recommened. Has different levels of play but this review is on casual as that is how I play.

Edited on 05/15/2014 at 2:31:32 PM PST

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on May 19, 14 5:38 AM
I liked the first game better than this. Altho fairy tale too, this adventure seemed scattered. The HOS's were great but sometimes the extraction of things needed was hard. Not what I expected but since I have the first game I wanted this game.
Not disappointed, just not as excited about this as the Sins of the Fathers one.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Sep 13, 14 6:54 PM
Beautiful graphics! The story was overall good, but dragged in a couple of places. The mini-games ranged from very easy to very difficult, so there is a variety in that. The hidden object scenes had some variety as well. Pretty long gameplay, so it is worth the credit/money spent. I give it a 7 out of 10.

Go to: