TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

It's Official: The Mother's Day Flower Does NOT Give Ongoing Juju!!!!

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 9, 14 10:03 PM
tinydancer112 mentioned in another thread that the ongoing juju stats were now missing from the Mother's Day flower. I went and checked, and sure enough they're gone. The juju information that's displayed now simply says the item provides 285 juju points when it's placed on your grounds. Quality control, thy name is NOT Dark Manor.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

Re:It's Official: The Mother's Day Flower Does NOT Give Ongoing Juju!!!!

[Post New]by Theorem on May 9, 14 11:10 PM
Yup, just noticed that as well. Quite a disappointment to say the least.

<sigh>

quiet5
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by quiet5 on May 10, 14 1:03 AM
Darn. I rather like the psychedelic look, but taking up 4 squares for such a measly payout makes it hard to justify using them as a major decor element.

Still, I guessed there would be trouble with having these be JuJu producers. As a free gift, we can just give them to each other in "mass quantities" - Wouldn't take so many to make it a LOT easier to open up scenes

I kind of get the feeling that developers would like to see most of us opening scenes a little slower, not faster.

moosetracker
Flounder
Flounder
2,484 Posts

[Post New]by moosetracker on May 10, 14 2:57 AM
quiet5 wrote:
I kind of get the feeling that developers would like to see most of us opening scenes a little slower, not faster.

Yeah, I am sure they get a little tired of putting out a chapter having it devoured in a day and then the next day having everyone harping on them for the next chapter..

But, they have to think about not the ones who started on day one of this game release and are leading the pack, but those who started a month or so ago.. When they get to these later chapters.. Looking at the amount of juju they need to open a scene is quite discouraging..

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 10, 14 4:39 AM
Any one want the 8 MDFs I have in my inventory?? I'll trade you for a big ball of lint or something.

oops I mean 12 that I now have in my inventory. I hope I won't get charged a storage fee.

Now 15. If you gift me that , you not only don't get anything back, you get "uh-pinned". sorry.

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 3:24:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Kirbmeister on May 10, 14 5:07 AM
Before you send a neighbor a Mother's Day Flower, check their property to see if the already have one. If so, ask them if they would like another. I have already received five and since you cannot resell them, three of mine will sit in inventory. They take more space than Garden of Lurve, and offer less benefit. Personally, I would like another gift better than the MD flower.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on May 10, 14 9:08 AM
Kirbmeister wrote:Before you send a neighbor a Mother's Day Flower, check their property to see if the already have one. If so, ask them if they would like another. I have already received five and since you cannot resell them, three of mine will sit in inventory. They take more space than Garden of Lurve, and offer less benefit. Personally, I would like another gift better than the MD flower.

Well said, except I now have 12 in inventory. no place to put them until new land opens up.

I wish we could do something with them. Like sell them or trade them.

Seriously, I would trade for a big lint ball!!! It would match the hair balls from the cat, Co-ordination at it's best, eat your heart out Martha Stewart!!

As of Sunday , I now have one on the ground (half hidden) and 16 in storage.

Please gift responsibly folks.

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 11:31:56 AM PST

quiet5
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by quiet5 on May 10, 14 5:53 PM
Oh the ability to trade items could be immensely entertaining.
A little DM world ebay
They could quickly see what items players truly value

Probably a design headache though.

[Post New]by 4PrivetDrive on May 10, 14 9:46 PM
Be cautious putting too many MDF on your property. As I put the 8th on yesterday, my game froze. It has taken 1.5 days and many hard boots later to get them back into inventory to stop the freezing and allow me to play the game.

[Post New]by Perlenfischerin on May 11, 14 5:03 AM
Beware of putting MDflower on site!
Now, after spending two days resetting, rebooting and saving my computer, deleting and cleaning, checking everything, fearful anxiety awaiting reboots, uninstalling nearly everything from my hard disk I found out that Dark Manor works fine - until the MD flowers come in sight! It freezes immediately and will not let the computer shutdown, so I have to use the swich and pray.
WHAT DO THEY MEAN giving us something like that! Are there no more Betatesters around?
I have a big sense of humour, but I don't think this is funny! I feel like getting out my chainsaw for mother's day!
Anyway, all I can do is warn everybody against putting more than one of them on site, or better none.
I can't get rid of them because...see above.
Did anybody see yesterdays special offer of triple juju on every gold paid item with the warning:offer expires in FEBRUARY? Was that another bug? I could not buy anything because...see above...
I am sad to find my favourite game being blown up like that.
Hope anybody understands my English, it gets worse, when swearing....

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on May 11, 14 5:21 AM
Perlenfischerin wrote:Anyway, all I can do is warn everybody against putting more than one of them on site, or better none.

Just for the record, I have 7 of them placed on my manor without any problems at all. So they may not pose the same problem for everyone.

WHAT DO THEY MEAN giving us something like that! Are there no more Betatesters around?

I have often wondered about this, though. Sometimes it does seem as though they expect us to beta test things for them.

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on May 11, 14 8:00 AM
Perlenfischerin -

Let me assure you that not everyone has problems with their MDF's. My very kind and generous neighbors have sent me over 100, which are all on display on my manor. Other than things moving a bit slower than usual, I don't have the problems that you describe.

I run my game on a laptop and have nothing to do with Facebook. Don't know if that makes a difference but there must be something one of us is doing different. Let us all know if you figure out the cause of your problems.

Have a great day

[Post New]by Perlenfischerin on May 11, 14 10:23 AM
mywildirishrose wrote:Perlenfischerin -

Let me assure you that not everyone has problems with their MDF's. My very kind and generous neighbors have sent me over 100, which are all on display on my manor. Other than things moving a bit slower than usual, I don't have the problems that you describe.

I run my game on a laptop and have nothing to do with Facebook. Don't know if that makes a difference but there must be something one of us is doing different. Let us all know if you figure out the cause of your problems.

Have a great day

Hello everybody with freezing problems! I've found out how to get around it now:
As my computer (thinkpad) is completely in order I supposed it must be the graphic resolution and it was!
I started the DM program, changed the resolution in the first screen before even entering and, hallelujah, I could move around, scroll, open inventory and delete all the MDflowers. And now everything works beautifully again.
Alas, I cannot have the flowers, I loved them, they are beautiful but deadly!
I dont want to play in that blurry resolution, so I have to choose other things for decoration.
BUT, its a big bug and could easily damage your computer, all these violent shutdowns....
When I learned (some 20 years ago) how to develop websites and flash programs we were taught to test them on all and every resolution and device, what about that? And we were told to make them work on the least and oldest devices possible. I bought quite a lot of gold through the last six months, so they can't say I want everything for nothing, and I'm never a big complainer!
So now I hope they are going to fix it somehow or at least let us give it back!
Good luck to everybody who wants to try out my little remedy, it might work on some computers, and then it might not, depends on your graphic device.
Happy mother's day to all of you!
Barbetty Mansion

[Post New]by mywildirishrose on May 11, 14 10:46 AM
For those of us that are not too computer literate, would it be possible for you to explain exactly what it is we need to change (and do I need to change anything?)
If changing your graphic resolution (whatever the heck that is!) is all that is required to let everyone enjoy the flowers, then I think we should all know about it.
By the way, what's a thinkpad?

[Post New]by 45045Kamehameha on May 11, 14 11:04 PM
mywildirishrose wrote:Perlenfischerin -

Let me assure you that not everyone has problems with their MDF's. My very kind and generous neighbors have sent me over 100, which are all on display on my manor.
Have a great day

Mywildirishrose- I wish we were neighbors. I'd love to see 100 MDF's in someone's garden.

[Post New]by Perlenfischerin on May 12, 14 7:12 AM
mywildirishrose wrote:For those of us that are not too computer literate, would it be possible for you to explain exactly what it is we need to change (and do I need to change anything?)
If changing your graphic resolution (whatever the heck that is!) is all that is required to let everyone enjoy the flowers, then I think we should all know about it.
By the way, what's a thinkpad?

I thought you didn't have any problems anyway, I would love to see your garden full of flowers, but can't. Sorry if my English is so bad. As it says 'resolution', on the options screen, where you can change from full screen to window or wide I thought that was the correct word to use! There, on this option screen right after startup you can change before you even enter the garden....
And a thinkpad is a business laptop quite common and well known here, sorry. After all, we are from all over the world, so there can easily occur some misunderstandings but thats the fun of it, too, don't you think.

Go to: