bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 10, 14 12:29 AM
Your curiosity is piqued when your librarian friend shows you an ancient book that seems to have no ending. As you open the book’s pages, a character in the story begs for your help! All at once, you’re swept into his magical kingdom - where a monstrous threat is bent on destruction, but your path is blocked by a mysterious pen re-writing the story. Can you find a way to free the king from his chains, and rid the land of Eldor from danger before the final hourglass runs out?

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on May 11, 14 11:46 PM
When I beta tested this game, I found it very "enchanting", just like the title says.

However, having played the demo now, I was a tad disappointed: many of the characters don't have a lot of facial expressions as they used to. I remember cute little girls with tears running down their faces, and talking to me - lips moving and all. Didn't really feel connected with the mother of the king when she talked to me, for example.

Also, I can see how some peeps feel this is a kids game. Many of the characters, except for Mr. Oh-Look-Twigs-Sprouting-Out-My-Shoulders, talk to us as if we were 5-year-olds to whom they are reading a story. But then again, it shouldn't be a surprise: ERS is talking like this to their followers on their FB site all the time. So maybe they have forgotten how to speak to adults.

I very much liked the graphics and colours, and I do enjoy the HOS, but wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement otherwise. To be honest, I am not even sure I will get the SE when it's out.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a lovely game, but I am seeing myself rather walking down dark alleyways, with M. Dupin at my side, solving murders, then getting a stumbling block thrown into my path by Mr. U.N. Owen who draws something into the page ever corner I take.

Edited on 05/12/2014 at 12:06:44 AM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Re:Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition

[Post New]by orphaned on May 12, 14 12:44 PM

thoroughly enjoying this delightful offering from the wonderful bunny boys, who never disappoint ...

this time they have added a funny bunny avatar guide to assist throughout this adventure - it is like being part of a little movie where there are mysteries to solve, a king to rescue and all while playing deliciously innovative puzzles accompanied by charmingly enchanting music.

love the beautiful graphics while the storyline captures the imagination ..

a perfect way to spend any day ..

and a great Mother's Day gift to myself.

thanks devs - again.

as always, thanks to BFG.

Go to: