Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 10, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 9:11:37 AM PST

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on May 10, 14 1:24 AM
Hello there,
Our bunny friends have developed a charming game for us with this one. It is going to be hard for me to resist hitting the buy button as I have enjoyed myself so far. Not a very challenging game, I must admit, but high on fun and entertainment factor IMHO.
Cheers

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 10, 14 1:45 AM
Well ERS finally put their bunny to work. I played the beta version of this game and it was truly awesome! To me ERS did a superb job with this one. The main character of the game is truly funny. She's one of my favorite main characters to date. The VO's are done very well and fit the character to a tee. Note: If you use the black bar tips, the main character I noticed sometimes the main character gives hints on what item to use where. Example: With the vines on the clam shell, she says: "I will have to 'claw' my way through this one". Use the claw you find to cut the vine. The cutscenes are awesome.

Story: Well the old librarian calls for you to take a look at a book and the next thing you know you are sucked into it. Your greeted by a talking rabbit named Liev who is the kings servant and he gives you a brief synopsis on what is going on. Then you go further down the road and meet the king's mom. While you are talking to her to the Dark dude breaks in and tells the mom if you don't do as he says by a certain time, he will kill her son. So now it's up to us to get rid of the Dark dude and save the king.

H0GS: I only have ran into the silhouettes which is one of my favorite type. They are interactive. On some of the H0GS you can do a puzzle instead.

Graphics: Simply beautiful as always with this team. They're one of the teams with an art team that can't be beat.

Map: The question mark shows there is something to do and the glasses show that's your positon. It is a jump map.

Music: Beautifully done. It fits the game well and pleasant to listen to.

Mini Games: In this game totally original of the ones I ran into. Not frustrating to me, just fun.

Well, back to saving the king from that awful Eldor. Hope you all have fun playing like I am. Kudos to the bunny team was again

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on May 10, 14 3:08 AM
So it's book review week with this 2nd book related CE in just a couple of days. Oh well, so much for originality ---- but, then again, this is ERS. And I wouldn't expect anything too terribly original from them.

And, once again, we have to work our way through the same type story that we've seen so many times before. You've found yourself in a strange land where some strange characters need your help to save their world, or its inhabitants, or maybe both. So off we go to wade through the various HO scenes (which are the same as usual ---- some silhouettes, some that require finding one thing to reveal the next), and complete the overly simplistic puzzles/mini-games (again).

The graphics and artwork are colorful, but seem to lack the usual sharpness ERS is capable of.

The story itself is so similar to so many current games that it became trivial and boring very quickly.

There are no "cutesy" animal helpers, but there are animal characters ---- which is also getting redundant.

So, the complete lack of challenge, the sameness of the story, and the "been there, done that" feeling of the presentation add up to a no buy for me. But it has enough charm that it might have some appeal to the kids, or beginning players.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 10, 14 3:20 AM
Anyone who knows me...knows I LOVE me some ERS! Well, they did it again.

The Developer's have listened and gone back...to the way they use to make great games. Instead of pushing out games just for sales. But...I even LOVE those lesser gems from ERS.

The storyline is great! Some really terrific animations...a little grainy in some scenes. But, that's just nick picking. I'm loving this game! Be sure to give this winner a try...it's worth the download forsure! It's a buy for me and thank you ERS for giving me another great game! I'm a huge fan!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

My "Terms" for Hogs,IHogs,Frogs & Other types of games.

DEVINE FINE SWINE:
The absolute best of the best! It has everything you want in a game and things you didn’t know you wanted in a game. It is a rare beauty and a must have! Beyond expectations! I really love it!

FINE SWINE:
Great game. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.

PIGLET:
Good game. I like it! Hog,Frog,Ihog. For true lover's of these types of games.

PORK BELLY:
Likable game for some, but not for everyone. But this one is for me.

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with buying it. lol

PIG DOWN:
Rolling in the mudd, don't go near it or you'll get soiled.
‘ ‘
(o)

edited: For Content.

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 3:23:09 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 10, 14 5:21 AM
I Am Intrigued****

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The opening scenes of this game are hilarious. Finally, we have a bunny in an ERS game and he’s so delightful! The other truly new aspect of this game is the convincing display of evil. I have never thought any of ERS’s bad guys have ever felt really bad, but this one sure does!

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
Am I right? This is the first time we’ve seen 3D animation in an ERS game? It is certainly very impressive regardless. Flawless in fact. Eldor is seriously ugly and intimidating. The rest of the art is also of a high standard – another imaginative depiction of a fantasy world filled with strange and compelling characters, bright colours and rich sound. The voices are as good as the rest, no lip synch tried, and none needed. The background music has a hint of previous ERS games, and as I’ve said before, this is not a good thing. Original games, original music. A must have.

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
Your friend has invited you to have a look at a strange ancient book that seems to be unfinished. On closer examination, the words “We are dying, please say you will help us”. With the quill at your hand, you answer “yes, I will” and soon find yourself in the world of the book.

You discover that this land, Torelion, is in danger because an evil mage has kidnapped the king and will kill him unless the guardians of the king’s treasury give him the Enchanted Crown, an artifact of great power. This bad guy rants about seeking revenge, and the fulfilment of a prophecy.

We of course are the kingdom’s only hope. A not very original story, but when it comes to being caught in books/paintings/mirrors, I can never get enough. And it has this – someone is rewriting the book as we play! And not in a way that is at all helpful to us! I love this twist and can’t wait to see what happens with it.

GAMEPLAY
Again, as you’d expect, but add a serious dollop of humour. There are HOPs of the multiples kind, and silhouettes. I notice that there are no standard interactive word lists yet. The puzzles are few, well with only 2 HOPs (one scene visited twice), there are few of them too! In any case, the gameplay is easy and relaxing, with the choice of 3 difficulty levels and a custom. Many will want to turn off the black bar tips – they are dead giveaways.

There is a map with objectives indicated, and which can be used to teleport. There is also a directional hint, and a notebook. No cute companions except our brave friend Liev, and no special gadgets.

CE BLING!
Now this is interesting. You have, according to the trophy room, 18 coloured paint pots to collect. Plus a palette and brush to earn by achievement. Then there are 9 scrolls, each referring to a different story, one being our current game, with the people of Torelion asking for our help. But there are 8 others... which you only get to see after you’ve gained an achievement. Are they all part of this game?

Well, it appears, however we obtain them, we can then paint each on a canvas with our palette and brush and collection of paints. I’m curious!

There are loads of gallery items: wallpapers x 7, concept art x16 (saveable), movies x 14, screen savers x 8, music x 4, pix of ERS team members x28.

The HOPs (16) and mini-games (15) are replayable.

COMBINED IMPACT
I am, as I’ve said crazy about stories that are actually a set of mini-stories, so I am sure to be biased about this one, but for once, ERS has got me intrigued about their CE content, and I am impressed with that ugly bad guy and the idea of a not-so-nice author indulging in a little gratuitous editing.
I recommend this game!

greenshade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by greenshade on May 10, 14 5:42 AM
When I first started the demo I thought "now here's a game for the grandkids" but the villian is soooo ugly and his voice is so harsh and at one point told us to "DIE" his exact word I think that this would be a game for me only. Why couldn't they have made the villian less menacing ?? Queen of hearts maybe? why oh why...

The voice over for everyone except the villian in the story is GREAT... right in line with a storybook.

But anyway it was a short demo which makes me wonder how long the game actually is since although ERS did a wonderful job of creating fantastical scenery there weren't that many actions to take in each scene so maybe I just got through the demo really quickly.

But it's Mother's Day. I may spring for it before the weekend is over while I await a more challenging game.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 10, 14 5:58 AM
As cbtx says, the second book-related CE in a couple of days and for me, the first one was miles superior to this no-challenge-at-all effort from ERS.

They make games that are pretty to look at but offer nothing new or original. And all the CE fluff is superfluous as far as I'm concerned; I'm not interested in wallpapers, screensavers or pics of ERS team members (really??) and I'd rather have a game with more challenge and more interesting puzzles than collecting paint pots and scrolls so I can paint them later

I suppose the story might appeal to some but it did absolutely nothing for me. I'd agree with cbtx; this game would suit beginners or those looking for no challenge at all. And ERS are masters at making those type of games.

'Lost Souls; Timeless Fables' was far better than this lacklustre effort; that's where my money is going today.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 10, 14 6:41 AM
snapnhiss wrote:
cbtx wrote: <snip>

But it has enough charm that it might have some appeal to the kids, or beginning players.

That's not condescending at all.

Snaphiss, I couldn't agree more. Thanks for your response!

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 6:43:16 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 10, 14 8:51 AM
Quote from the Mod's usual starting msgs, some bolding by me:

Review Guidelines

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page">Forum Rules</a> and be respectful of our reviewers. [color=#00008f]They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.[/color]
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

From me, a Thank you to all reviewers!

I can't add more to what has been said before about the game than the hint to have a look at the Workshop in Extras - it contains photos of the Dev team.

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 8:52:01 AM PST

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 10, 14 9:08 AM
In the beginning cutscene we see an enchanted land where the dark mage Eldor takes over the kingdom, and to spare the life of the king’s servant he demands the enchanted crown that fortunately was magically hidden before Eldor appeared. You are a reporter and receive a call from an old friend telling you about an old book that could be a front page story. The book is about a place called Torelian and the enchanted crown that powers its world. He tells you that the book begins when the crown goes missing but the strange thing is that although the book is ancient it appears to be unfinished. Interested in seeing for yourself you take the book and flip through its pages but as you get to the end a fresh page appears and someone is asking for your help. Will you accept? As you write your answer on the book’s page, you are whisked away to a magical and enchanted land that seems similar to the one that “Alice” must have fallen into.

The graphics are excellent as is to be expected from ERS but they do often appear to have a fine mist over the scenes. It is interesting that when I met the king’s mother she seemed like a character from another ERS game - maybe Reveries. Since ERS created the original concept drawing, it is certainly their prerogative to reuse it in another game but I sure had a feeling of déjà vu. The game has voiceovers but ERS has reverted to the days of non-lip-synced characters. Maybe they have decided that with so many people complaining about their games, it isn’t worth it to go the extra mile. The music is pretty much the standard ERS signature but I tend to enjoy it. One of the interesting things about this game, and of course it goes with the storyline of an unfinished book, is that a magic pencil appears and changes some scenes as you approach, which I think is very clever and well done.

We have the standard set of tools, a diary that notes your progress through the game as well as an interactive map that shows where we have objectives to complete. There are no animal helpers or fuzzy companions in the game but as soon as we enter the book we meet Liev, the king’s faithful servant, who acts as our guide during the adventure.

There are the various types of interactive HOPs which, BTW, ERS was the first to introduce in HOPA games. In this game we have the standard interactive list type, as well as ones where we find so many of a specific item, silhouette type, and then the progressive silhouette where we need to think about what to do next. The puzzles are nothing new, at least in the demo of the game, but usually the puzzles do become a bit more difficult as the game progresses. Even though the puzzles in the demo were easy I did find them to be quite entertaining.

There is a lot of CE content in the game including collectibles and achievements along with some very interesting activities we can complete. Of course we have all the standard extras that we see in most CE games but, IMHO, this is a game that is very worthy of being a CE. Since I love the artwork scenes that ERS produces, the wallpapers are a definite plus in this game. Another thing I like is the Workshop in the extras section where I get to see photos of the ERS creative team. I think it is a great idea to include photos of the creative geniuses who bring to life the games that I love to play. ERS was the developer who first caught my attention many years ago when I started to play HOPA games and because of them I have spent many, many enjoyable hours.

I have to say that when I originally attempted to play the beta test for the game I might have had an off day because I didn’t like the game and thought it would not be very good game. However, upon replaying it a second time I found that I really enjoyed the game. For me Forgotten Books the Enchanted Crown was an instant purchase because I couldn’t wait to finish “writing” the book and restoring the kingdom of Torelion. I think this is one of the best ERS games to come along in a while and it definitely says that my favorite game developer is back. I can hear some of the critics now, who always have something negative to say about ERS games, and they are entitled to express their opinions as well, but something about the game caught my fancy and I am thoroughly enjoying the gameplay and the huge entertainment factor it provides. As always, I recommend that you at least try the demo to see if this is a game you will like.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 10, 14 9:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

midori2
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by midori2 on May 10, 14 10:21 AM
cbtx wrote:So it's book review week with this 2nd book related CE in just a couple of days. Oh well, so much for originality ---- but, then again, this is ERS. And I wouldn't expect anything too terribly original from them.

And, once again, we have to work our way through the same type story that we've seen so many times before. You've found yourself in a strange land where some strange characters need your help to save their world, or its inhabitants, or maybe both. So off we go to wade through the various HO scenes (which are the same as usual ---- some silhouettes, some that require finding one thing to reveal the next), and complete the overly simplistic puzzles/mini-games (again).

The graphics and artwork are colorful, but seem to lack the usual sharpness ERS is capable of.

The story itself is so similar to so many current games that it became trivial and boring very quickly.

There are no "cutesy" animal helpers, but there are animal characters ---- which is also getting redundant.

So, the complete lack of challenge, the sameness of the story, and the "been there, done that" feeling of the presentation add up to a no buy for me. But it has enough charm that it might have some appeal to the kids, or beginning players.

Ditto, cbtx. You and I are on the same page. Good game for beginners, not so much for me.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on May 10, 14 12:16 PM
I do see the "children's game" critique, but I for one wouldn't want any child I know playing this game! Spider webs! A mean man blocking every effort to move forward! A hurt tree! Bad rodents! Feeding little caterpillars to ravenous Venus flytraps! Oh my!
I'm not sure what my feelings are regarding this game. It's cute and not cute all at the same time. The art work is good, the story is okay............ Just doesn't grab me. And I'm being careful about how I spend my money.
So no buy for me. Hope tomorrow brings a "great" game!
A "great" game is one I just can't stop playing and it sticks with me long after I've finished. Return to Ravenhearst, Dire Grove, Soaring City, etc.
A "good" game is not that memorable but it does have all the right bells and whisltles.
This is a "good" game.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on May 10, 14 12:55 PM
Here is a great big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all you BF mommy fish out there Where would you be without your mom? Not here! From BF here is a game (and a nice gift as well) for mom, grandma, or your local librarian from the GamERS. I guess it must "National Book Appreciation Week" with the bookish CE's. Are you supposed to take your favorite book out the lunch? My favorite book, through the years of rereading is showing its age.It has dog eared pages which have been torn, taped and bandaged back together, and suffers from a splintered, beat up spine. It deserves some love! Even as an avid reader, this is not a game for me, being a "YAWNER." However, the GamERS have provided a game which will appeal to a certain market. If you love fairy tales, with characters so sweet you can eat them up like sugar cookies, you will love this game. There is the danger you could become diabetic with this "sugarfest."

You are called in by the local librarian due to the strange nature of a new book added to the library. The book keeps altering its storyline and images are being added, removed or changed in some way. The storyline itself is transitional as well. (Hey - wouldn't this make a great TV series - someone behind the scenes writing and editing characters and the storyline as the series progresses much to the chagrin of the actors and characters themselves!) Ala Wonderland, you are whisked away to the kingdom of Torelion. A Mad Hare named Liev asks you to rescue the Enchanted Crown belonging to the kingdom from the evil Dark Mage Eldor. The crown provides power to whomever possesses and it has provided strength to Torelion. Based upon a prophecy, Eldor needs the crown to fulfill his destiny. Eldor will kill the king, if the crown is not delivered to him.

The graphics are beautiful. The GamERS are masters at providing wondrously magical and mystical graphic arts. There are three levels of play and you can customize your game. In this game, a magical pencil creates the story as you continue in the game. It draws characters into the scenes of the game. The HOP scenes are interactive and the inventory itself is as well. Being Mother's Day, the puzzles are "child proofed," which means they have been child tested and "mother" approved. Considering the audience for this game - I rate this 3 STARS OUT OF 5 STARS. THIS GAME IS BORING! even for the beginner target audience. However, I have a soft spot in my "ticker" (AKA "black heart") for this dev.

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 3:58:54 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on May 10, 14 3:16 PM
Hi all. I love this game! Does that tell you where this review is going? ERS has finally gotten back to basics with this one. Colors and graphics are very well done. The pictures seem to be a bit fuzzy, but I think it is suppose to resemble a book page and not a sharp movie. It fits the fairy tale look of the game. Game play was excellent, no problems anywhere on this one. You can click through the dialog, which I really like, since I read faster than they speak. Voice overs are appropriate for age, person and situation, showing anger, fear, sorrow, etc...very well done. Music is not constant, like in most games, and comes in and out depending on what is happening in the scene at the time. This seems to add more "thrill" to the game for me. It's like watching a movie and just waiting for something to happen because of the music. Well done, didn't turn this one down at all.

I only looked at the SG to see how it was set up, which was the usual. The story and action flowed so well that I really didn't need to use it. Hint system is quite helpful and I like the fact that you can turn the recovery speed up or down as you like. There is some back-tracking, but not a lot. You are constantly on the move with a lot to do in each scene.

Puzzles were not difficult, but were a little different. You earn points to "find" hidden objects. The HOPs that I found so far are silhouettes of various types, clean, clear and items not difficult to see or find. Some take a little thought to go from one step to another.

The only thing I didn't like, was that the SG, hint and map were much too close together. Too cluttered and too easy to hit the wrong item. The only collectibles I have found so far are vases, and I only found 2 in the demo. There are a lot of achievements...hey, I was a tree hugger for healing the tree.

Intro was awesome...now that's the ERS we know and love. I found this game to be quite entertaining, not extremely challenging, but fun, and it kept my interest throughout the entire demo. This is a definite buy for me. I don't give 5 stars easily and the only reason this one doesn't get them is because of the cramped SG/map/hint. Picky, I know, but I am who I am. I think this game will appeal to all levels of players.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in game and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 10, 14 7:00 PM
BASED ON DEMO
Rating of 3.5 stars

This latest offering from ERS is what I'd call an average game. It's far from bad, but it's also quite far from great. That being said, I think people who are interested in these types of stories will find this one good.

The story is not that interesting for me, but then again, I'm not a fan of this story genre. What I will say, though, is that this story has a lot of potential. I quite liked the idea of being sucked in to a book and saving the book characters from evil. I especially liked how random things would be drawn by whoever it is to prevent you from completing your quest. As others have been saying, I absolutely loved the little bunny character! His lines were awesome and made the story a little bit more fun. I get this is a light-hearted kind of story, and the character of the bunny made what probably would have been an unbearable story in to an okay one.
Where this story is lacking for me is the content and excitement. There was absolutely nothing even remotely exciting that happens in the demo. The closest I even got to exciting was the opening cutscene. In fact, I'd say that was the best part of the demo. The story just rolled along as I expected, and the demo ended on a poor note. I wasn't even left wondering what was going to happen next.
Again, the review of the story may be partially biased because of my personal interests. I reckon that people who like this sort of story will like this one. This game was full of the cutesy stuff (from talking trees to evil pumpkins), which is classic ERS.

The strongpoint of this game is definitely the gameplay. Yes, it's not overly challenging, but it's quite fun!
The HOS, although nothing we haven't seen before, are awesome to play. There are a couple of them in the demo; the types are silhouette and junkpile. Again, both are really easy, but they were a lot of fun! There were about three in the demo, I think, which proves to me that they will be spaced out fairly evenly. If you don't like HOS, you also have the option of switching over to a puzzle, which has two difficulty choices; Casual and Hard. I was kind of shocked at how hard this one was! This was a very challenging aspect of an otherwise un-challenging game.
(TBC in Post 2)

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 10, 14 7:02 PM
(Review, continued)
The puzzles were very fun too, and quite unique (for ERS at least). I only came across two in the demo, but both were awesome and very easy. The puzzles were tracking the movements of objects to collect them, and clicking on beavers without gas masks to put them to sleep. Again, both were EXTREMELY easy. Expert players may not like this,

This game also has + objects. These are items you have to join together with another one to complete. There aren't a lot of them in the demo, but they're still a great feature in my opinion. They're becoming more and more standard, but each game with + objects makes the game more fun in my opinion. I would have liked to see a couple more of them.

Other than that, this is your standard HOPA. There's no fancy new features, animal helpers or anything of the kind. I reckon this would be a good game to start off with if you're a beginner. Expert players, however, might not enjoy this one as much.

With an ERS game comes the great ERS graphics. These graphics are the usual; hand drawn, detailed and colourful. I absolutely loved the colours in this one. There were a lot more colours than usual. The scenes are also clear and the character designs are good. A very good job by ERS on their graphics. The only issue I really have is that the characters' lips do not move as they used to. This makes the game less realistic.
I do have a slight issue with the voice-overs. I did not like the voice of Amelia. I thought her voice was over-acted and awful. It's just my personal opinion though. I don't have a problem with any other voices.

FEATURES
4 modes of difficulty: Casual, Advanced, Hard and Custom. Custom lets you set the game the way you want it; the other difficulties have differences that are the usual. I played Custom, set hint to 30 and Skip to 40 (seconds).
Hint/Skip- The hint is useful outside HOS.
Diary- keeps track of events. Good for remembering story details.
Map- The map is interactive and helpful to an extent. It lets you know where there are current objectives, but it doesn't let you know exactly where your next one is.
+ objects- These are items you have to combine with another to make one inventory item. These are a great feature.

(TBC in third post)

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 10, 14 7:03 PM
(final post)

CE EXCLUSIVES
Bonus Chapter- unsure if needed. You can never tell with this developer. Some games are conclusive, some aren't.
Built in Strategy Guide
Achievements- All gameplay based and all were for helping citizens. None were HOS based that I could see. A bit of a disappointment. There aren't many of them either.
Collectible paint jars- only found 2 in the demo.
Wallpapers
Concept Art
Screensavers
Music
Replay Movies
Replay HOS & Puzzles
Workshop- pictures of the team developing the game

Overall, this isn't actually a bad game. I enjoyed the demo, but I'm going to pass, as I didn't find the story very interesting. I think a lot of people will like this game. If you're going to buy this one, I strongly recommend you wait for the SE as there's nothing in the CE that makes it worth buying. This is one of the most fun games I've played in a while. I highly recommend the trial!

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on May 10, 14 7:54 PM
I've read the other reviews on this game, and am not quite sure about this developer being back on track. It's difficult to tell if they're "on track" or not as every game they put out, with different content of course, looks, sounds, and plays the same to me. However, the story and gameplay have been reviewed very nicely by other reviewers. I did play the entire demo and was almost happy when it was over. Fairy tale games are not my favorite, but I do buy them occasionally. I did like the choice of game difficulty levels. The characters were cute. I, personally, don't find the game unfit for a child. There is always an evil character or two in every fairy tale (Red Riding Hood, Snow White, etc.). But that is just my opinion. Although there is a list a mile long of what is included in the CE, most of it are things I would never look at. The challenge level is probably a (1) out of 10. Between not liking the story and the zero level of challenge, this is a no go for me. I do know this developer has many followers and we all have different tastes. Do demo the game. It may be the right game for you.

And a Very Warm Happy Mother's Day to all the mom Fishies out there

Go to: