Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 10, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 9:13:24 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Editi

[Post New]by jerryjermo on May 10, 14 4:28 AM
another crappy game you can not play.
soun but no screen, all black.
i do not see how they put these games out like that and expect us to buy them. what a joke.
there are about 4 ces that they still have not fixed.

nicklin60
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Editi

[Post New]by nicklin60 on May 10, 14 4:50 AM
Have you updated your drivers recently as I had a lot of similar problems till I did. Now everything is perfect

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on May 10, 14 6:12 AM
2nd game in May that flickers so badly I could not play it. If anyone tells me to update my drivers I will have to shoot them. My computer just had a complete update by an excellent tech.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on May 10, 14 7:36 AM
I just did the mini game with the four element spheres. After I completed the four paths, it just sat there and did nothing! I finally had to skip it. There were others I had to skip for the same reason, but I can't remember what they were (senior moment). It is most frustrating. MLC60

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 10, 14 9:13 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

oversixty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edit

[Post New]by oversixty on May 10, 14 12:44 PM
I also confirm that another game wont run without closing down and has to be restarted by clicking on the game short cut window. I have checked and my drivers are all uptodate so that is not the problem. Why are so many games offered by BG having these problems when the games indicate they are compatable with Windows 7, 8, Vista, etc. Very disgrunteled customer!

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edit

[Post New]by lionscat on May 10, 14 2:47 PM
Another Bunny game that just gives me the message: Game has stopped working. I don't remember exactly, but I believe this is the 4th or 5th game that won't play. I don't know what the incompatibility problem is. And yes, yes, yes, my drivers are updated

Injun1
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Injun1 on May 10, 14 10:28 PM
Sean, hope your here! I didn't even get the trial game run without it going back to the desktop. Is this going to be a problem with all the new ER games and those i'v had a problem of the same kind?

andromedon
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Ed

[Post New]by andromedon on May 11, 14 6:11 AM
To Whom It May Concern:

I am having trouble starting the game or even looking around in the menus.

As far as the game itself goes I get as far as following the bunny and I get flipped out to the desktop with the game running in the background. It won't let you back in either. Instead the screen has an icon in the middle of it and seems to be frozen. If I do get it running I have to click excessively just to get anything done but will usually get flipped out of the game again.

I also tried to look at the wallpaper, I got to see one of them and clicked the arrow only to be flipped out to the desktop again the same as before. I have also noted that when I go to the website from the game manager I have to sign in at the website even though I am already signed in on the game manager.

I am using a HP pavillion dv7 notebook PC running Wndows 7.

It looks like there are still bugs in this game. I am very disappointed, I ran the survey (it too had problems) and I was looking forward to running the finished game. Please, please fix the problems.

Thank you for your kind attention,

Andromedon

Edited on 05/14/2014 at 5:59:39 PM PST

[Post New]by weeza121971 on May 11, 14 7:21 AM
I haven't even got to play this game. After downloading it won't let me activate it. Even better now when I open game manager games that I've had for a long time and played say they need to be activated also. I've tried reinstalling the game and game manager, I've tried resetting my password and nothing. Game manager also keeps signing me out of my account and making me sign back in. Ever since I downloaded this game I've had nothing but trouble with the whole thing.

[Post New]by lmcangusee on May 11, 14 7:59 AM
I'm using a MacBook Pro, OS X 10.7.5. When in close-in mini-games I cannot see the game. Example, entering the code in the lantern over the house door. I have to wait and then skip to continue.

jkshosa
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edi

[Post New]by jkshosa on May 11, 14 4:49 PM
The only issue that I am having with this game are the close ups. They are so dark that I can't see what I am doing. For example the binoculars near the stork that carried the mail. When I did the close up to cut the lens out with the diamond ring it was dark so it took a while of hit and miss to do it. Other wise for me the game ran fine it was just the close ups being dark and not able to see what to do. I have a Toshiba Laptop windows 7.

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 4:50:56 PM PST

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on May 11, 14 7:57 PM
I got it to run, but the sound quality is awful! The music, sound effects and voices skip and grate painfully; I eventually had to turn them off. While the game is playable without any sound, I don't like the fact that a game being marketed for sale had such poor sound quality. And yes, my drivers are all updated and I didn't have any other programs open. Did ERS rush this one into production or something?

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on May 12, 14 6:12 AM
Game keeps kicking me back to desktop. I already uninstalled and re-installed game was able to enter my name and was kicked out again. MY DRIVERS are all up to date. There are glitches with this game. And I agree with who have posted, in tech issues, that there have been too many CE's with problems lately. I bought Phenomenon Outcome CE last week. I played game to Chapter 4 with no issues. I tried to get door open for Research Lab of 4915 and code would not open door. Needless-to -say I can't go any further. You have to use code 4915 to open gate. This is ridiculous how so many CE games don't work correctly and I spend $13.99 twice a week on these CE's. I hope the issue on this game gets resolved.

valeriepres
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by valeriepres on May 13, 14 3:33 PM
I managed to finish the game but I am having trouble with the bonus game. It keeps stopping saying "Runtime error". What does that mean?

gingy47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown Collector's Edi

[Post New]by gingy47 on May 13, 14 7:04 PM
after 3 days of diagnostics and a new driver I was finally able to buy the game...and now it will not play....since BF directed me to this new driver I assumed all the problems were taken care of....not happy....should mention that this is on a PC, windows 7

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 7:05:36 PM PST

JPOlafson
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by JPOlafson on May 13, 14 8:32 PM
It seems that some of the items needed to be pick up are not where the guide states they are and if I skip something as it won't work at that time, the game still goes back to that area and still won't work. Can't even get past the first part of the game nor can the game let me doctor the tree though I have the meds it says to use. I don't like spending money on a game that won't work.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 14, 14 3:30 PM
Hi All,

For those of you that have experienced crashing issues with the game, please check out the help article in the link below for some steps to troubleshoot this issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you are experiencing problems activating or downloading the game, there are some instructions to fix these issues in the link below:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If this doesn't help or is you are having any other problems with the game, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to give you specialized support.

I hope this helps.

bfgWendwater

gingy47
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by gingy47 on May 15, 14 6:16 PM
spent a week with a rep, nothing works, installed a new driver, still cannot download and play a game....we need a new game manager...

Go to: