Uninvited Guest

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on May 10, 14 1:29 PM
First of all, don't get me wrong, when you got invited by a player (he/she just reached level 9), but I don't want to be invited. This is my second "secret" game. If I want invite players, I invite you.

The most importent of all, I have no wishlist, my name was for only 1 time on this board (not my id), how can he/she know my name or id? Just a lucky guess?

So this is my problem, guys. Can I reject the invitation or is that brute?

Edited on 05/10/2014 at 2:02:16 PM PST

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Uninvited Guest

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 10, 14 1:34 PM
It's ok, you're not obligated to take on unknown invitations. I've gotten a few myself and I never posted my ID anywhere. I have no idea how they got my info. I went ahead and accepted because my friends list was small at the time. But if you don't want any new or more friends - then don't accept and don't feel guilty about it. There are plenty more players they will try and aquire.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on May 10, 14 1:51 PM
Thank you silver_hawk,

I just wanted a reply, I don't want to offend players.

After playing this game for more than 4 months we all know that having over 100 Friend (or more) is more than enough. I know, but the "newcomers" don't. I was just curious how other players deal with this "hard to take decision".

MrsPuzzler
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPuzzler on May 10, 14 1:57 PM
I also had to stop accepting friends as I have more than enough. About how they find you all they have to do is search your forum name and your ID comes up.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on May 10, 14 2:13 PM
I made the mistake of accepting all the invites I got in my original game.....now I have over 200 friends. The biggest problem is that it slows down the social page tremendously!! So, I am in the process of deleting players to get my list back down to around 100 which is a manageable number of friends. If folks get offended, I'm sorry. I removed my number from the Friends Code thread as well. Just keep in mind that it is YOUR friend list....you can do whatever you want to with it. You have every right to reject the invitation if you choose to do so.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on May 10, 14 2:36 PM
Thanks for your contribution MrsPuzzler and awalkinglady,

Just killed my post with my second name and id on the forum, and I will reject the invitation of my Uninvited Guest, knowing it doesn't hurt to be rejected.

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on May 10, 14 2:53 PM
You never know that could be your best friend on your list too ....just something to think about

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on May 10, 14 3:01 PM
gerl2,

You might be right, but this player just reached level 9, I reached level 19, it will take two or three months to level up, no go. And beside that, I have already Friends I support and they can support me with the items I need. But you cann't befriend anyone, the list is gone be to huge. But it's a personal decision who to accept and who to reject, it's all in the game.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 10, 14 4:59 PM
That's exactly right, it's a personal decision. I still accept an occasional new player, who presumably finds me by my forum name. I have cleared out some older players whose levels haven't changed and who haven't gifted me in a month or so, as I assume those are no longer playing, I have an idea of the kinds of things I'll be needing myself and their availablility in the level I'm at (lots, and almost nonexistent), so have an idea how much I can gift. It also depends on what your friends are asking for. You'll figure out what you can handle with the friends you've got. If anybody gets bent out of shape over it, that's their problem. I know that when I was new, I just friended people randomly, so part of it may be inexperience with social gaming. The only rule is to enjoy yourself and not feel pressured to do anything (except by Pete, the Chamberlain, the Witch, etc etc). Level 22 is enough to worry about without having to add any stress .
Have fun and happy gaming.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on May 10, 14 11:03 PM
Hi Duncan_Again & RosieBVT

Bondi Girl is going keep playing & will be culling her list of over 400 friends. Many have not changed their level since the March update & a lot of wish lists have not changed either. I want to make my gifts meaningful & go to people that are actually playing.

Cheers to all.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 10, 14 11:36 PM
Sometimes I think players just put in random numbers to see what comes up. I had an uninvited guest arrive in one of my support games; didn't like to reject, that player only ever has two items in the wish list and they remain unchanged. Gifts me every day but over time my stock of those items has been depleted, wish I had no accepted that person!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 11, 14 5:52 PM
I guess I am guilty. Since I cannot access all of the Social page functions, where I have over 500 friends...yep, far too unwieldy, but enabled me to get a lot of gifts when it was working, and did help me move up, I have been more careful with my invites on my other games...I am now concentrating on the last one on my pc, as A Zen Wolfen...and I have sent out invites to those who gifted me the most on the other games. There was a Duncan who was really helpful. I do intend to do some more inviting, and I figure you can always decline.

Re: the second game on my laptop...still haven't gotten a new mouse, and really prefer playing on my pc, so, although I continue to get many gifts on that one, I have just deleted my wish list, and want to concentrate on the new game. I still send out gifts from all three games, but would rather get help on the last one...since I can't get help on the first one. Are you confused yet, lol? Anyway, if I see that someone has posted they don't want any invites, I certainly will not invite them.

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on May 12, 14 7:59 PM
On my first game I accepted any and all invites. The game has close to 500 Friends. It got to be too much. So I shut it down. I have two other games on an old PC that are also shut down. 'm going back in and uninviting most from my first game. It's level 17. I'm trying to gift those that I can but they are so far ahead of me that no one needs what I have. I'll give to the lower levels what I can. But I learned the hard way to limit my accepts.

bunnygal
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by bunnygal on May 12, 14 10:11 PM
I too, got 'friends' that I do not know how they found me; as I only just posted my ID# last night. I have had 4-5 'friends' (including the "Just John"), I have faithfully sent many gifts to them, but they on the other hand have not been so diligent. One I swear, quit playing completely. My guess as of now, they just extracted numbers (ie 'guessed'), and found me that way.

My own frustration with Level 21 that I am on; led me to seek friends (been planning on doing that for awhile) from the Forums. I play a lot; almost every HOS everytime I logon, which is once or twice or more- a day. So I have built up a nice varied inventory...some of which I will probably not use...I would like to help others.

Question: Now I have sent & accepted and received some new friends today...but it says I can not send anymore gifts today. I think I have sent out 5. Is there a limit to this? Or could it be more friends, and more gifts, coming in at the same time?

Perhaps I should go back and delete the "old friends" that really weren't....
Well, someone did send me something that I really needed, and it seems to have broke the bad chain that I have been in for awhile. Still not sure how to see who sent it tho.....

But THANKS A BUNCH!
Diane

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 13, 14 8:53 AM
bunnygal, there is a limit of sending 5 gifts per day, but there is no limit (that I'm aware of) on how many you receive. To see who has sent the gift, click on the gift box itself instead of the "Pick up all" button.

Just John is the game's avatar to help initially when the friends option becomes available. Some people say they have received gifts back from him, but most of us do not send him gifts.

There are alot of gamers who have 100+ friends so, gifting at 5 per day, it could take a long time for you to receive a gift from them. If you recognize their names from posting in the forum, you could PM them to make sure they are still playing.

Go to: