I am a newbie

[Post New]by Ms_Nicesty on Mar 24, 09 2:12 PM
Hello everyone. I have been playing the game for 4 days now and I love it. I have been basically playing about 10-12 hrs (on and off) everyday. I have alot of time on my hands due to a very bad case of Ecoli. So since I am on a leave from work, I just play MY TRIBE.
I am playing under 4 different names on the game. Game one my oldest is 72 and I have 3 deaths due to natural causes they were 86,89,72 two men and one lady.
Game two I have 2 more mysteries to solve, the oldest tribe member is 57 and I need to go to 2 more islands, as well as let someone grow old and eventually die LoL
Game 3 is the forums game. I have been taking all of what you guys said and applying it to them. So any questions or suggestions I am open for.
My oldest person on the island is 91. How long do you think it will take for her to get old? Should I take the simulation off of normal? Would that help if any? Once you have all of the research levels how does getting new pionts affect you besides the stars and moons. I kow the value of them increase but is there anything else that changes. I would love to hear from you all. I have nothing but time LOL.

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

Re:I am a newbie

[Post New]by boogienites on Mar 24, 09 2:18 PM
Hi there "newbie" .. haven't tried the game you mention, but maybe I will give it a try. Welcome to the "pond"!!

[Post New]by Ms_Nicesty on Mar 24, 09 2:22 PM
boogienites wrote:Hi there "newbie" .. haven't tried the game you mention, but maybe I will give it a try. Welcome to the "pond"!!

I am sorry I am talking about My Tribe. Have I posted in the wrong forum?

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Mar 24, 09 2:25 PM
No hun .. u posted just fine .. just wanted to welcome u 2 the pond .. I am now interested in "My Tribe" and give it a look

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 24, 09 4:29 PM
Hi Ms_Nicesty, welcome to My Tribe,
I am assuming you have given your game #4 eldest tribe member the youth potion ? Youth enhanced age is reflected by how they feel. So, if your 91 yr. old feels like 29...she won't "get" old until she feels 65.
As to the game speed options, this only affects your game when you exit out. Hence, pause will stop your game when you exit.
2x speed will engage only when you exit out and so forth.
In-game play will always be at the same rate of time.
The developer rather sheepishly admitted to the fact that tech points are useless once you purchase all the upgrades but you must have an operational lab in order to create potions as well as train young people.
There, I think I covered all your questions.
I admit , I haven't played My Tribe for a while so I guess I need to go check up on my people. Thanks for the nudge ! Happy gaming.

[Post New]by Ms_Nicesty on Mar 24, 09 5:18 PM
memawclay2 wrote: Hi Ms_Nicesty, welcome to My Tribe,
I am assuming you have given your game #4 eldest tribe member the youth potion ? Youth enhanced age is reflected by how they feel. So, if your 91 yr. old feels like 29...she won't "get" old until she feels 65.
As to the game speed options, this only affects your game when you exit out. Hence, pause will stop your game when you exit.
The developer rather sheepishly admitted to the fact that tech points are useless once you purchase all the upgrades but you must have an operational lab in order to create potions as well as train young people.
I admit , I haven't played My Tribe for a while so I guess I need to go check up on my people. Thanks for the nudge ! Happy gaming.

[Post New]by Ms_Nicesty on Mar 24, 09 5:31 PM
Ms_Nicesty wrote:
memawclay2 wrote: Hi Ms_Nicesty, welcome to My Tribe,

So when my elder feels like she is 65 again should I give her the youth potion again? I have been doung an experiment on one of my games: I have only reproduced 1 child and he is 100% mental and physical. Instead of using the star dust to help with construction i just let my people complete the tasks on their own. Yes it very time consuming but, I have noticed that their skills increase much faster. So when it comes to the simulation I just put it on fast and went to another game # and when I returned my people had aged drasticaly but, once again the work was done and their priorites have increased a great deal some are actually legends in 2 or more areas. Happy gaming to youas well LOL

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Mar 24, 09 5:44 PM
Lol, by all means dose her again...it's the only way to get the Methusela Award. I have yet to achieve that as my game is on my laptop (I'm hooked on my new desktop) so my people are languishing in limbo (pause). I don't want to transfer the game yet because I got it from the developers' (oops ) site and am not sure if they allow tranfers.
I'm sure you know that if you breed two "super" tribes members together their offspring is also "super" (100 %). I do advise you not to let them open any crates or barrels, the bad contents can truly hurt their ratings.
Have fun and hope you get well soon but not until you accomplish your goals !

[Post New]by Ms_Nicesty on Mar 25, 09 9:14 PM
memawclay2 wrote:Lol, by all means dose her again...it's the only way to get the Methusela Award. I have yet to achieve that as my game is on my laptop (I'm hooked on my new desktop) so my people are languishing in limbo (pause). I don't want to transfer the game yet because I got it from the developers' (oops ) site and am not sure if they allow tranfers.
I'm sure you know that if you breed two "super" tribes members together their offspring is also "super" (100 %). I do advise you not to let them open any crates or barrels, the bad contents can truly hurt their ratings.
Have fun and hope you get well soon but not until you accomplish your goals !

Well actually I have found that if the male is 100% in everything (including physical amd mental) you can breed him with a female less strong ( physical & mental in the mid to upper 50's was my trial) you actually can still get a 100% physical and mental child. By chance can someone tell me how to hydrate the soil. I have used guano,fountain water and golden relic, I have also trien guano, fountain water and moon dust to no success. Can you help me please? Or anyone else if you would please.

LadyNymm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by LadyNymm on Apr 10, 09 4:05 PM
Ms_Nicesty wrote:
Well actually I have found that if the male is 100% in everything (including physical amd mental) you can breed him with a female less strong ( physical & mental in the mid to upper 50's was my trial) you actually can still get a 100% physical and mental child. By chance can someone tell me how to hydrate the soil. I have used guano,fountain water and golden relic, I have also trien guano, fountain water and moon dust to no success. Can you help me please? Or anyone else if you would please.

Fish, sea water and stardust used on the ground will bring a hydrating rain. Fish, rain water and moondust on the ground should summon a storm that randomly creates barrels, crates or a golden relic to appear. It takes awhile to get a person to 969 years-old with continual youth potion dosing, so I amuse myself by making couples with coordinating outfits, changing hairstyles and color and naming them after people i know...LOL

All of my favorite couples are maxed out with skills and strengths.

vpizarro3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by vpizarro3 on Jul 1, 09 4:44 PM
hi i am just learning this type of game it's interesting i am poohjag nic to meet you hope you feel well soon god bless

Go to: