Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 11, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 8:46:33 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 11, 14 8:46 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by hpennebake on May 11, 14 11:13 AM
The game comes up with a driver issue???? What the heck? I have a major gaming computer. It's a PC, Windows 7......I used a game credit for something I can't play and I'm angry!

[Post New]by hpennebake on May 11, 14 11:14 AM
Specifically a graphics driver....that can't be possible....I want a refund on my game credit so I can get another game.....I've never had this kind of problem before....

orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

[Post New]by orchidna on May 11, 14 4:54 PM
Samsung laptop, Windows 7, all drivers current, all Windows updates done.

Just a warning to not close out the slide projector puzzle until completely finished with it. Due to a real life issue, I had to close mine out before completing the first part, and when I came back and finished that part, it went to the second part, but the items to replace are not on the screen at all. I checked the blog walkthrough to make sure I wasn't just not seeing them, but they simply aren't there.

While it is possible the problem occurs even if one doesn't close the puzzle, I suspect that was the cause. I will have to skip the puzzle to go on with the game, and I really hate skipping puzzles. LOL

Edited on 05/11/2014 at 4:55:59 PM PST

[Post New]by bunnytoday1 on May 12, 14 6:11 PM
I see I am not the only person having this so call "graphics driver" issue and here of late it has been happening with more and more of the Big Fish games. My graphics driver is current but I can't play this game or several others. I did not start having these issue until this year 2014!! I am so sad because BIG FISH does not seem to give a hoot. BIG FISH you need to get it together, we as members are very frustrated and getting real tried of this same crap. I have tried everything Dr. Flex has suggested and nothing works. PLEASE!! PLEASE!! FIX IT!!!

HP desktop, Window 8, all drive current

Edited on 05/12/2014 at 6:14:40 PM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on May 12, 14 11:16 PM
Some Mac users, including myself, had problems playing the "CE" version incl., the 1 hour demo.
People complained about similar problems as reported here with the "SE" version.

Have since learned that changing the file location makes the "CE" playable on the Mac.
Not sure if it would help the Windows users, it's worth a try!

In any case, here's what Mac users need to do in order to play the CE version.

Make sure to delete the game before opening Big Fish Game Manager!!

1. Open BF Game Manager, click on Options, located top right.
2. Click the Downloads tab.
3. At the bottom you should see: Game Installation Location.
4. Click the Browse button and choose Applications

That's it you're done... Now go and enjoy your game...

The above worked on my Mac OS X 10.9.3 Mavericks.
Cadenza CE apparently didn't like being tucked away in any other place than Applications. Don't try putting it in a subfolder, even if that folder is located in Applications. It just won't work.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 13, 14 9:01 AM
Hi All,

I'm very sorry to see that there have been graphics driver issues when starting the game.

If you would like to troubleshoot, I have posted a great help article which you can get to by clicking on the link below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can provide specialized care for your specific computer.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Emeralds
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Emeralds on May 21, 14 11:01 AM
I am stuck at the voodoo doll. I put the glasses, bow tie, hat, and cane on it and I can't open the ho. I have clicked all over the doll and nothing happens. I can't move on because of this. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Nothing works.
Is there a patch for this? I wish I could play this game. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Seymour_Butz on May 27, 14 2:09 PM
I am on a Mac. I'm having a problem in the Detective Office, specifically with the wall map. One I'm on the wall map, my inventory panel disappears (and yes, it's locked). Once I go back into the room, my inventory reappears. I need the dictation machine when at the map, but I cannot access it. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by pianolady on Jun 1, 14 3:32 AM
I too am having trouble with the voodoo doll. I've put on the hat, glasses, cane and tie, and nothing happens. The hidden object puzzles never appear, and I cannot move on either. Very frustrating!

[Post New]by ktmken on Jun 16, 14 5:18 PM
Seymour_Butz wrote:I am on a Mac. I'm having a problem in the Detective Office, specifically with the wall map. One I'm on the wall map, my inventory panel disappears (and yes, it's locked). Once I go back into the room, my inventory reappears. I need the dictation machine when at the map, but I cannot access it. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by bcandscott on Jun 23, 14 12:05 AM
I have an issue. When I solve the puzzle of the recording cylinders near the Mardi Gras stage, I am supposed to end up with a blank recording cylinder that I can then put on the recording machine in order to record the Song of Water to un-mesmerize everyone. I solved the puzzle but when I finished matching the pairs and had one cylnder left, nothing happened. I clicked on that final cylinder and the screen reverted to the stage screen without putting a cylinder in my inventory. I cannot finish the game. I suppose I could try replaying the game from the beginning but if it happens a second time, I'd really be aggravated. Hah. Anyone else have this issue?

[Post New]by BettyBowHead on Jul 4, 14 2:31 PM
bcandscott wrote:I have an issue. When I solve the puzzle of the recording cylinders near the Mardi Gras stage, I am supposed to end up with a blank recording cylinder that I can then put on the recording machine in order to record the Song of Water to un-mesmerize everyone. I solved the puzzle but when I finished matching the pairs and had one cylnder left, nothing happened. I clicked on that final cylinder and the screen reverted to the stage screen without putting a cylinder in my inventory. I cannot finish the game. I suppose I could try replaying the game from the beginning but if it happens a second time, I'd really be aggravated. Hah. Anyone else have this issue?

I have had the same thing happen. Did anyone respond or did you get the issue fixed?

[Post New]by Bassndeer on Oct 15, 14 3:11 PM
I had the voodoo doll issue too - great support by tech solved it! So happy - really a great game. Delete the game, re-install and play as administrator ( I also deleted traces). Thanks to a great team!

[Post New]by ecoors11 on Oct 17, 14 2:28 PM
Seymour_Butz wrote:I am on a Mac. I'm having a problem in the Detective Office, specifically with the wall map. One I'm on the wall map, my inventory panel disappears (and yes, it's locked). Once I go back into the room, my inventory reappears. I need the dictation machine when at the map, but I cannot access it. Any suggestions?

I'm having same issue - any answers?

Edited on 10/17/2014 at 2:28:49 PM PST

[Post New]by piixii8 on Jan 3, 15 6:19 PM
In Cadenza: Music, Betrayal and Death Standard Edition:

I am so stuck on the wall map and the inventory not opening, so that I can use the dictation machine to hear the detective talk about places on the map...I've tried different settings, locking and unlocking the inventory, I've changed the difficulty to different settings, and still the inventory will not open. It opens everywhere else.

Is there any fix for this? There is no where else that I need to do anything. I'm loving the game and hope there is a solution to this problem? Yes, I have installed the batteries into the dictation machine, and all I heard was something like go to the map and it dropped down into the inventory.

I really don't want to have to uninstall and then reinstall the game. I'm on Windows 8.1

Help!

Go to: