susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Level 21..sick, sick, SICK!!

[Post New]by susielee on May 12, 14 8:59 AM
I've been on Level 21 for days. What makes me so MAD and FRUSTRATED is the fact that when you "go to" to get the item you request......YOU DON'T GET IT!!! And you may not get it for the next 5 attempts. They keep giving you things that you don't even need. That makes this game continue on and on endlessly, needlessly. If they would just fix that one thing it would make this game a wee bit better. I'm only sticking with this because I want to finish Level 21.......I just don't want to quit in the middle of it. Level 22? I'm not sure if I want to continue if it's as bad as Level 21.

Re:Level 21..sick, sick, SICK!!

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on May 12, 14 9:06 AM
Morning , Susielee , CONGRATULATIONS you have just joined the crowd , we all feel the same way .

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on May 12, 14 9:14 AM
Susielee......I'm sad to say it but I see many more frustrating Bow Figurines in your future if you continue with the game......it's just the nature of the beast. The game ceases to be fun and becomes more like work after level 19 unfortunately.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 12, 14 9:21 AM
susie, level 21 and also 22 seemed to go on forever but there are lots of tips for helping people through these levels.

The first is to have only one character quest open at a time. The bow figurines are confusing when you first start to do them and you will get lost if you have multiple quests open.

The second is to understand that the game gives you what you need but not always what you want. I just got a twilight guide when I wanted something else but I need the twilight guide too.

The third is that you go through a very slow area doing the bow figurines where you can only do a few HO scenes and then have to wait another hour before doing them again. If you do all of your HOS each time you go in to play then when those slow areas are fulfilled then the bow figure goes quickly as you have all the other items needed.

Fourth is the benefit of doing all the HO scenes everytime you play the game. You pile up your coins again so that you have enough for crafting.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on May 12, 14 9:50 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement (?) I don't look forward to more of the same. I did learn one thing right from the start, however.....and that's to only work with one character at a time and try to fill their requests. Also, I've been playing all the HOS scenes every time because at times my coins have been down to nearly nothing. I talk to myself.....I say "Self, what in the world do you think all this time you've spent in this game is going to accomplish? Certainly not much of an accomplishment just to say you finished a game. My time could have been spent in doing far more worthwhile things." I guess the most I can say is that I'm not a quitter and when the going gets tough I gritted my teeth and hung in there. You just have to say "UGH! and keep going! Good luck to all you "hanger inners"!

pennyking123
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

Level 21..sick, sick, SICK!!

[Post New]by pennyking123 on May 12, 14 10:07 AM
susielee wrote:I've been on Level 21 for days. What makes me so MAD and FRUSTRATED is the fact that when you "go to" to get the item you request......YOU DON'T GET IT!!! And you may not get it for the next 5 attempts. They keep giving you things that you don't even need. That makes this game continue on and on endlessly, needlessly. If they would just fix that one thing it would make this game a wee bit better. I'm only sticking with this because I want to finish Level 21.......I just don't want to quit in the middle of it. Level 22? I'm not sure if I want to continue if it's as bad as Level 21.

I do hate to tell you this but I have been on level 22 for almost a month and ahalf so yea its bad and your right it would be better if you just got what you went after but that's how my game has been going from 21 and now 22

JennyThorn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by JennyThorn on May 12, 14 10:55 AM
I just started my first bow figure. After seeing what went into it I cried a little bit. Sigh, tired of the same 6 or 7 hos screens, not sure if all hos games are this way, as this is the first one I have played. I wish the devs would be nice and put some of the articles you need in the dice game. Wouldn't that be nice? A night orchid, stronghold or holy fire instead of something that you accumulate, then sell off when u want to craft a puppy? Shoot, I would be thrilled to find some potion, or a handle or 2. Maybe they could even throw it on to the wheel? I think I would be far less frustrated if there was just 1 other way to obtain what I need to complete this insanely never-ending task. Oh I know there are "friends wish lists", but 90% of my friends are on level 21 too. Or I could spend money I don't have on ridiculously priced diamonds.
I wish I could leave things undone, but that would drive me just as insane as muscling thru...
Thanks for letting me vent.

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on May 12, 14 11:18 AM
we all have Vented once or three time go to the thread "A Call to Arms" (the title is longer than that) read it all the way thru - some of us think its more fun than the game and it has been commented on for " Brilliance" by the moderator-something to do will waiting thru the "Hour of Lock-Out"
i usually go round HOS at least 2x-sometimes more and this thread is a Great Place to Hang-out hope you have a Slightly Bent Sense of Humor
C'om over ! Dru

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on May 12, 14 11:18 AM
I'm right there with you all. I was stuck on Level 21 for over a month. I'm not sure what I accomplished by finishing it, I'm now stuck on Level 22. I've played the HO scenes it seems like millions of time. I'm still foraging for handles and live potions, etc.

JennyThorn, it would be wonderful if some of the harder to get items appeared ANYWHERE. Some players have had tremendous luck in having items needed for the Bow Figurine appear on the Fortune Wheel, but I've only had a really good item appear once. And I've only had one egg appear...never any of the new ones. Here lately its been awful. If these items appeared in the dice game or the crafting wheels or more often on the fortune wheel, it would at least help.

Maybe the next quest will be better than the last.....oh well, hope springs eternal.

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on May 12, 14 12:26 PM
Amerzone has hit the nail on the head with all the suggestions. Follow them, they work!!!!! I am on level 21 and after seeing those suggestions, (awhile ago in another thread), I never open more than one character quest. So much easier! Frustration level way down!
Having fun with the game!

1Hangman
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by 1Hangman on May 12, 14 1:01 PM
See / read To the developers @ Elephant/BF on page 5 I have no idea how to bring it over in a quote so I will just post the name and page number. Happy gaming

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 12, 14 1:17 PM
Another thing that I have found that really helped me through the game is purchasing a few diamonds. It doesn't have to be a lot of diamonds. Even 50 is a huge help.

Some people seem to be proud of the fact that they haven't spent any money on this game that has given them more pleasure and play time than any collector's edition or regular game. I got to level 22 before spending any money and I didn't even need to buy diamonds as I already had 72 of them. But, let me tell you that buying them was a huge release for me as I now use them instead of hoarding them.

Here's how to use them: As an example, let's say that you are trying to get a night orchid. You need LOTS of night orchids during levels 22 and 23. You play the HO scenes until you need one more LIVE VIAL then you buy the last live vial with 3 diamonds. You have saved yourself an hour and there's something satisfying about clicking on the +3 diamond button.

Because you have to turn around and make another night orchid this small savings of one hour is especially helpful. I'm down to 42 diamonds so I've used the 50 I bought and then some. Best purchase I ever made.

One other thing to note is that since the game gives you what you need but not what you want, you need to trick the game sometimes. If you want a Mirror of Embarrassment but you also need a spawn of darkness the game will give you the opposite of the Find Path that you follow. So, if you follow the find path for the mirror of embarrassment you will get the spawn of darkness instead. You need to follow the find path of the item that you DO NOT want and you end up with the item that you do want, if you see what I mean.

JoanJ53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by JoanJ53 on May 12, 14 1:22 PM
I have to have the largest crying towel on Level 21!!! Due to some glitch, I repeated Level 21 after gaining Level 22 for about 6 hours. Talk about a horrible nightmare! Now I can't seem to finish Level 22. I play and play and seem to get nowhere fast.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 12, 14 1:29 PM
Joan, the thought of redoing level 21 makes my skin crawl. I am SO sorry that that happened to you

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 12, 14 2:21 PM
I was going to buy diamonds to help, and was so excited to have the game working perfectly the day of the last update,,,but when the problems with server connection and the Social page returned the very next day, and still hasn't been resolved, I just don't feel like spending my money. And since the first game played fine up to a point, I am leery of spending money on my last game...it may not work right after the same point is reached, either. So I plod along...and if I get too bored, which happens more and more, I just close out It is the forum and the people who empathize that keeps me playing at all, lol.

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on May 12, 14 2:22 PM
Oh Joan.....I just can't imagine playing level 21 a second time. You're a very brave, patient soul to even consider doing it......but to actually have done it......you're a true blue HERO!

JennyThorn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by JennyThorn on May 12, 14 5:17 PM
Hey Dru, where is said Call to arms? I went back about 15 pages, and tho I found lots of venting, I couldn't find this one. Could use a chuckle. Stupid wise sayings...

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on May 12, 14 5:31 PM
Hello JennyTorn'
Captain Randy here,
Look on page two first post that would be us and btw way please join us in our battle.
After you have read *The Call To Arms* you will understand.
Drew is my Kraken fighter with his trusty flame throwing squid thingy killer
See you in the battle

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on May 12, 14 5:41 PM
&^&^$%^%#%$&(*^()&)(&(&^&^$^%#%$!$&%79 dag nab it the post changed ,,, it is now on page one right under your SICK post Jenny

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on May 12, 14 5:44 PM
OMG shot that Gremlin,
The post changed again.
Here Jenny look for ,
Midnight News- Queen Sabella & Valdy- Call To Arms.

Go to: