Please post your TECH ISSUES for Black Rainbow here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 13, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 8:07:17 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Black Rainbow here

[Post New]by behavorial on May 13, 14 1:52 AM
game goes black at beginnig og game and does not come back. i have a pc windows vista. help

[Post New]by rokinrobin0599 on May 13, 14 4:09 AM
My Norton will not let me play this game. Message reads liblua.dll suspicious cloud 7.f. The threat is high

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 5:09 AM
I guarantee there is no virus in any of Cateia's or BF's games. For a short bit if you want to, disable Norton, download and install the game, then enable Norton again. To me Norton and McAfee are known for giving false positives. I have Kaspersky and never had a bit of a problem.

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 5:10:13 AM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 5:13 AM
behavorial wrote:game goes black at beginnig og game and does not come back. i have a pc windows vista. help

Try uninstalling and re-installing the game, maybe that helps.

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on May 13, 14 5:35 AM
I am receiving error code 1404. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game manager three (3) times. Windows 7, 64 bit.
I've also tried downloading from purchase history both website and game manager, to no avail.

I've tried signing in and out, to no avail.

When I try to download from the purchase history of the game manager, it automatically signs me out, and gives error code 1404.

When I try downloading from my account/purchase history on the website, the game will not download.

I have rebooted, lowered all security, cleared SSL, checked certificates, "advanced options" under tools, all to no avail.

I've searched big fish errors, and only 1401, and 1402 are available for the 1400 category. I've tried the "alternate method" of downloading to no avail. I've searched forums fro 1404 error, and only three responses, but no solutions.

Thanks,
Kathey

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 5:54 AM
please, write to BFG support to report this. I'm sure they will be able to help you solve it!

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on May 13, 14 6:00 AM
Dear Ivan,

Thank you for the reply. I have written to customer support. Unfortunately, the last several times I had written to customer support were not very responsive. This was the last straw, and have now cancelled my membership. I have been a member for years, and the changes BFG made have not been customer oriented to say the least.

Thank you though for trying to help.

Sincerely,
Kathey

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on May 13, 14 6:22 AM
I couldn't get past the scene with the small hut on flames in the beginning. A bunch of white boxes appeared on the screen (I assume where moving graphics should have been because one of the boxes finally disappeared to show a very lagging graphic of flames - none of the other boxes disappeared) and my cursor finally froze. I had to use task manager to get out of the game.

Windows XP

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 6:24 AM
kathey12 wrote:I am receiving error code 1404. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game manager three (3) times. Windows 7, 64 bit.
I've also tried downloading from purchase history both website and game manager, to no avail.

I've tried signing in and out, to no avail.

When I try to download from the purchase history of the game manager, it automatically signs me out, and gives error code 1404.

When I try downloading from my account/purchase history on the website, the game will not download.

I have rebooted, lowered all security, cleared SSL, checked certificates, "advanced options" under tools, all to no avail.

I've searched big fish errors, and only 1401, and 1402 are available for the 1400 category. I've tried the "alternate method" of downloading to no avail. I've searched forums fro 1404 error, and only three responses, but no solutions.

Thanks,
Kathey

i just downloaded the game on my Windows 7 64 bit and it ran beautiful. I noticed you said you uninstalled and re-installed the game manager 3 times, but did you uninstall and re-install the actual game? Also it sounds like a dead horse but make sure that Java, Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave is up to date as well as your vid drivers.

Also there is one other thing I learned which really helps the performance of my PC is this and it has to do with clearing out the full caches not just the temp files.

1. Click on the 'RUN' command and in the white field in the run command type: %temp% (just like I have here) and hit enter. That brings up all the temp files in that folder.
2. Then hit CTRL-A and that will highlight all the files in that folder.
3. Then hit delete (and a dialogue box will pop up asking "Are you sure you want to delete all these files?") hit Enter or click YES to delete them. The ones it don't delete means that Windows 7 is using them at the present time and won't delete them.

NEXT:

1. Click on RUN again and this time type in the field 'temp' (no quotes) and hit enter. This will bring up all your temp files.
2. Hit CTRL-A to highlight all files
3. Hit Delete and then Enter. Same as before, Windows will not delete the files in use.

NEXT

1. Click on RUN again and this time in the file type 'prefetch' (no quotes) and hit enter. This will bring up all your prefetch files.
2. Hit CTRL-A and it will highlight all your prefetch files.
3. Hit delete and enter and all your prefetch files will be deleted.

Now your cache is totally clean

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by kathey12 on May 13, 14 6:38 AM
Hi Sassylassie:

I would have "loved" to have been able to download the game, but I am unable to download, period.

The game manager app is not recognizing me for some reason, as it logs me out when trying to "install" from the game manager. I can log in with sign in and password, but when trying to download the game from the game manager purchase history, it immediately signs me out, with error 1404.

When trying to save/ run/save, etc from website purchase history, no download even begins, so you can see, I am completely unable to even download the game after purchasing.

Further research on error 1404, some other big fish members encountered same error, then miraculously, they were able to download later on in the day.

I'm am happy to hear that you were able to play the game, as I was so looking forward to playing.

The game may be available on other portals down the line, so I can be able to play.

Thanks again Sassy.

I have tried all the alternatives, and thanks for always helping.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 13, 14 8:07 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 13, 14 9:36 AM
I had a weird tech issue: when I got to the scene after the plane crash, after clicking on the jungle area, the game kind of froze -- I say kind of, because I was able to exit to the start menu and go back, although the same problem persisted, then I exited the game, went back in and this time everything played smoothly. The freeze consisted of nothing happening when I clicked -- on anything -- the hint button, diary, trying to zoom into areas, nothing happened, but everything worked fine after the exit and return to the game.

nbennitt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by nbennitt on May 13, 14 10:10 AM
I, too am having a problem with this game. This is the second time this week that I have had trouble with a downloaded game. THIS time the game runs very slow and goes to a black screen before changing scenes. Windows 7 64 bit.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on May 13, 14 4:57 PM
have noticed that a lot of tech problems are with newbies - you must make sure your -pc- and they probably are all up to date - and check your download speeds - turn off background -progs etc -but best place if you have a prob is to go direct to BFG tech -they are so good - a may be simple or difficult but they will help Look for BFG tech envelope and just let them know - they will respond and soon you will be playing the best games ever on offer

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on May 13, 14 5:48 PM
NancySusan...could be s !! Glad you got it working, it's a great game.

I don't think being a "newbie" has anything to do with tech problems! I'd take a look at who dipped in the pond first before saying that. And having a Tech Issues thread is kind of a place to ummmm post tech issues? People come here for help, and BFGWendwater also posts the "Help" post. I was lucky and didn't have any problems with this game, but I have had lots of problems with glitchy games and I always post them here when I do. There is the uninstall/reinstall advice, that sometimes helps. I would also contact Tech. Support with a Dr.Felix report attached...oh and I'm an "oldie", although I really don't like labels..

Abs

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 14, 14 3:41 AM
sassylassie wrote:

i just downloaded the game on my Windows 7 64 bit and it ran beautiful. I noticed you said you uninstalled and re-installed the game manager 3 times, but did you uninstall and re-install the actual game? Also it sounds like a dead horse but make sure that Java, Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave is up to date as well as your vid drivers.

Also there is one other thing I learned which really helps the performance of my PC is this and it has to do with clearing out the full caches not just the temp files.

1. Click on the 'RUN' command and in the white field in the run command type: %temp% (just like I have here) and hit enter. That brings up all the temp files in that folder.
2. Then hit CTRL-A and that will highlight all the files in that folder.
3. Then hit delete (and a dialogue box will pop up asking "Are you sure you want to delete all these files?") hit Enter or click YES to delete them. The ones it don't delete means that Windows 7 is using them at the present time and won't delete them.

NEXT:

1. Click on RUN again and this time type in the field 'temp' (no quotes) and hit enter. This will bring up all your temp files.
2. Hit CTRL-A to highlight all files
3. Hit Delete and then Enter. Same as before, Windows will not delete the files in use.

NEXT

1. Click on RUN again and this time in the file type 'prefetch' (no quotes) and hit enter. This will bring up all your prefetch files.
2. Hit CTRL-A and it will highlight all your prefetch files.
3. Hit delete and enter and all your prefetch files will be deleted.

Now your cache is totally clean

Great suggestions but did you know that CCleaner will do all that for you (and more) with one click! It's free and a great tool for getting rid of clutter on your PC Worth trying.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 14, 14 7:06 AM
Angelfish, thank you for the information about CCleaner. I had tried to load it before, but Norton wouldn't let me. This time it went through with no problems.

RockinRobin, I had the same error message that you encountered. I took a chance (only because I have hundreds of BF games) and I hit continue. So far so good, but I do wish someone would check and DO SOMETHING when this type situation occurs, whether it be developers or BF.

ETA: And by "do something," it could range anywhere from an update to the game, or a reason for the happenstance, or at least an acknowledgement of the problem, and the fact someone can/cannot fix it. Nothing like being left out to dry, lol.

Edited on 05/14/2014 at 7:08:12 AM PST

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on May 15, 14 4:52 AM
Error : Access Violation trying to write to location X0000034

Immediately after entering my player name

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 15, 14 9:53 AM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to see some of you are experiencing technical problems with the game.

If you are having problems with the game crashing or freezing, there are some great troubleshooting steps that can help in the link below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Mart1n0940, Error: Access Violations are non-specific error that may happen for a variety of reasons. There are some steps that could help in the help article below as well:

Access Violation

If this doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team wwith aDr. Felix Report. One of our Reps will be happy to provide specialized care.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 05/15/2014 at 9:54:38 AM PST

Go to: