ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

Talk with the developers of Black Rainbow game here!

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 12:59 AM
Hi everyone!

Just few weeks ago we have released Tales from the Dragon Mountain 2: The Lair right here on Big Fish Games! And it's already time for a new adventure game from Cateia Games!

I'm a producer and lead designer in Cateia Games - the developer behind Black Rainbow.

It has already become a tradition for us to chat with you on this forum. I would very much like to hear your comments & suggestions... The more we hear from you, the more improvements we can make for our next game.
We have been doing this for years now - every time we had a new release on Big Fish. And every time we had a chance to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our next game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum for a few days and try to catch up with everyone!

best,
Ivan
Cateia Games

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 1:59:11 PM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Black Rainbow game here!

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 1:47 AM
Hi Ivanbral,

I want to say as of to date, this is my favorite game. I hope you all make a sequel. I had a lot of fun with this game. I wrote a review on the game so I pretty much summed it up in there. Kudos to your team for such a wonderful game. What a ride that one was! Thank you for such a great game.

sassy

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 1:49 AM
sassylassie wrote:Hi Ivanbral,

I want to say as of to date, this is my favorite game. I hope you all make a sequel. I had a lot of fun with this game. I wrote a review on the game so I pretty much summed it up in there. Kudos to your team for such a wonderful game. What a ride that one was! Thank you for such a great game.

sassy

Hi sassylassie,
thanks! It's always wonderful to hear people enjoy playing our games!
and thank you very much for such a nice review!

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on May 13, 14 1:55 AM
Hi, not so hot on pure-adventure games, so wanted to know if there were any puzzles in the game, or is it just all adventure?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 2:03 AM
catbag8717 wrote:Hi, not so hot on pure-adventure games, so wanted to know if there were any puzzles in the game, or is it just all adventure?

there are many minigames and puzzles, but there are no hidden-object scenes. I hope this answers your question

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on May 13, 14 2:10 AM
Hi Ivan,

Once again I love your new addition. And thank you for putting out another one so quickly!

I am a fan of Cateia Games...as I stated in my review! I really respect and appreciate you always taking the time to hear our opinions. Both good or bad. Once again...I'm going to have another good addition from your team to add to my library games.

Thank you again!

Loyal Customer,
Lisa

This is NOT a PAID statement! LOL LOL

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 2:31 AM
ivanbral wrote:
sassylassie wrote:Hi Ivanbral,

sassy

Hi sassylassie,
thanks! It's always wonderful to hear people enjoy playing our games!
and thank you very much for such a nice review!

You are so very welcome I enjoy them very much. I bought everyone to date except like I mentioned that I played Black Rainbow on another site. When I see that Cateia Games put out the game I hit the exit and buy it. Be safe guys.

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

[Post New]by Martyheinz on May 13, 14 2:34 AM
I have always enjoyed your games and this is no exception. Thanks for a really good game.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on May 13, 14 2:47 AM
Hey Ivan,

Thanks again so much for coming to the forums ---- that speaks so positively about you and Cateia.

I enjoyed this game as much as "Tales" ---- and that's saying a lot.

Of course, I enjoy all of your games.

Please see the PM I sent you.

cbtx

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on May 13, 14 2:54 AM
Hey Ivanbral, I would also like to say thank you for coming to the forums.

I was actually going to look Cateia up anyway, as I'm currently playing Tales From The Dragon Mountain The Strix, and I have The Lair downloaded and ready to go when I've finished. I'm really enjoying it, more akin to pure adventure games, lovely ambience and music.

Now that I've seen that you guys have done this one too, I will definitely give it a go.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 2:56 AM
Just one question Ivan. If you make a sequel to this game would it be a CE? In sight it would make an awesome one!

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 3:21 AM
sassylassie wrote:Just one question Ivan. If you make a sequel to this game would it be a CE? In sight it would make an awesome one!

haha!
I have no idea - but anything's possible I guess

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 4:09 AM
One can only hope

catspaws
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by catspaws on May 13, 14 4:26 AM
This is an amazing game,thank you so much.I haven't come across your other games before,but i'll find them now

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on May 13, 14 4:53 AM
I can't wait to play this game because I have loved both of the others and thank goodness there aren't any hidden objects, not that there's anything wrong with them but just too many, must go my game has finished downloading

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on May 13, 14 5:00 AM
I didnot like the beginning...with the knife etc.
so many terrible things happen in the world and I play these games to enjoy and relax, and the beginning of this game didnot give me that impression, I'm sorry to say.
But nevertheless I wil play the demo

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on May 13, 14 5:17 AM
yvonnehoho wrote:I didnot like the beginning...with the knife etc.
so many terrible things happen in the world and I play these games to enjoy and relax, and the beginning of this game didnot give me that impression, I'm sorry to say.
But nevertheless I wil play the demo

Trust me nothing happens to that guy as I stated in my review. Looks can be deceiving. Play the demo and you will see.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 5:55 AM
I'm seeing some very nice comments and reviews!
thanks everyone! I'm so glad to see you like the game!

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on May 13, 14 6:34 AM
Sadly I couldn't get far into the game at all because of technical issues, but I did want to mention that I love how short the intro movie is! I'm tired of hidden object/ adventure games with unnecessarily long movies at the beginning, so this was refreshing. The graphics are also great. And it leaves you really wanting to play the game because you need to know what's happened to the tribesmen at the beginning. I can't agree with yvonnehoho - you didn't show gore or blood, and it really built a mystery, so I liked the intro. After all, the description for the game mentions the words "burning village", "dark", "dangerous" and "evil", so I would assume by that description it's not going to be planting herbs near a pumpkin house this time.

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 6:34:35 AM PST

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 13, 14 6:45 AM
@SilverBranch
I hope you'll somehow solve the tech issues you're having and be able to continue the game. Have you tried by updating your video-drivers? That may help...

Go to: