New Update???

New Update???

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on May 13, 14 5:36 PM
Has anyone seen the new update? I just went in to my games and noticed the new update. I'm going to try it. Let you know what it involves.

smiliedaze
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:New Update???

[Post New]by smiliedaze on May 13, 14 5:38 PM
Mine keeps telling me I there is an update available, but it won't pop up in my manager... waiting (not quite patiently.....)
~R (35298)

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 5:41:28 PM PST

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 13, 14 5:48 PM
Mine is the same way

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 13, 14 5:48 PM
I just got out of one game and into the other and it told me to update. When I brought up my game manager it has the update ready to load, as of 5:47pm BFT (Big Fish Time).

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on May 13, 14 5:50 PM
That is really weird...wonder what it is supposed to fix...they normally announce an update in the forum...almost afraid to do it...but it is in my queue...

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 13, 14 5:52 PM
I tried to download the new update and the game closed with an error

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 13, 14 5:53 PM
Update downloaded and installed, data files backed up, wish me luck!

ETA: No visible changes, version is now 1.3.1.206. Probably bug fixes but nothing major since the version number hasn't changed much? I'm only on level 23 so wouldn't see if we've got more content yet.

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 5:57:54 PM PST

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on May 13, 14 5:54 PM
good luck

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 13, 14 5:57 PM
On the last update the Mods made the announcement after the update was released. It would be nice to know ahead of time.

The Midnight Castle facebook page also has no info on the update.

Alex_Gordon
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by Alex_Gordon on May 13, 14 5:57 PM
You must see it for yourself!! Bow Figurine, Pirate Standard and Six-Paw are completely redone!!!

Parell
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Parell on May 13, 14 5:57 PM
Working well here - as far as I can tell at least a couple of the bugs have been fixed - it's just after midnight here and I can gift to all players in my list (so am no longer losing gifting slots due to time difference). And I haven't had any problems collecting coins, or of entering HOS only to find there's no item list and no way to exit.

No new content, by the way - just bug fixes, I think.

EDIT - and oh yes, the Bow Figurine etc now only requires some very easy to find objects to open! Wow, that's a huge change. Having done 11/12 of them, I'm almost disappointed

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 6:01:41 PM PST

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 13, 14 5:57 PM
I am afraid to get my hopes up...

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on May 13, 14 5:59 PM
Good Luck. When I downloaded the update it said 0 of 164.9. Ok, so I started it and the download went to 174.9. When it validated the game it only did 164.9. So we'll see what happens.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 13, 14 6:00 PM
Great news on the gifting, provided it continues OK. Of to see BF and co. right now.

THEY WERE LISTENING!!!! No more crafted items for the BF!!!!!!!! Ditto Pirate Standard, ditto 6-paw.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 05/13/2014 at 6:04:24 PM PST

apollogold
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by apollogold on May 13, 14 6:02 PM
Hi. Grannykaren, beat me to the punch! I was typing out my reply and hers showed up. It's supposed to fix bugs and or problems. I wanted to know if anyone had downloaded it yet and had problems with (Sorry, tigress, hop you get this fixed soon). I think I'll wait awhile before downloading. Took me 2 wks. to get back in game the last time I downloaded something like this.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 13, 14 6:03 PM
Murr has made a locked sticky and announed the new update - for those who didn't see it.

Rosiebvt... is it true? No crafted items for the Bow Figurine? Is it possible I can actually continue the game? Is it?

I suppose my wish for a Restart button hasn't been given any consideration... I have used up all my coins and diamonds to craft objects to give away, and would rather start again from scratch. *sigh*

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 13, 14 6:06 PM
Sorry, Valdy, don't see a restart. Have you ever tried deleting your data file to see if that does anything?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 13, 14 6:08 PM
Good thing I wasn't holding my breath...I still have the same issues on my main game...No server connection error, Social page same thing, and wish lists and gifts still empty, and friends and their wish lists did not update...I was so disappointed, I didn't even bother to continue with it.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on May 13, 14 6:14 PM
Rosie... I tried it THREE times. Did exactly what CS suggested to someone else: delete the game, delete the GM, delete the extra files for the GM, and then reinstall everything. That is how I got everything screwed up in my Friends section in the first place. Thank goodness Elephant Games made it all all right with their last update.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on May 13, 14 6:14 PM
Well, I hope they come up with a new use for the Vulture Claws I wasted my coins on crafting.

And a use for all the other now useless, but expensively acquired, inventory.

Go to: