Please post your REVIEWS for Mystika 2: The Sanctuary here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 14, 14 12:32 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 05/14/2014 at 8:41:51 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Mystika 2: The Sanctuary here

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on May 14, 14 8:26 AM
Although my main love in games is the HOPA, every once in a while a game in another genre catches my attention and Mystika 2 The Sanctuary is one of those games. In my humble opinion, Mystika 2 has something to satisfy everyone. It is part builder, part HO, but mainly match 3.

The graphics are lovely, very colorful, and crisp. The music in the game itself is very repetitive but not too annoying if I keep the volume low. One of the things I liked is the beautiful voice of the narrator who sets the stage early in the game.

As we play through the game we build our sanctuary by earning money in the match 3 rounds. As is the case in these types of games the match 3s become progressively more difficult and challenging. While playing we build our reputation and renown and meet challenges from wizards or mages, so there is quite a bit of variety rather than just playing straight match 3 rounds. There is an option to play the game either in relaxed or timed mode and I chose relaxed. For those who want a more challenging game you can choose the timed mode. For me, I love that I can play without pressure in the relaxed mode.

All in all, Mystika 2 The Sanctuary is a lovely little game that I will give 5-stars. If you are looking for something different from the HOPA games, I suggest you try this fun combo type game. As always, I recommend that you at least try the demo to see if this is a game you will like.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 14, 14 8:41 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Mystika 2: The Sanctuary here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Mystika 2: The Sanctuary.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on May 14, 14 1:20 PM
This is a nice colourful game that will appeal to many. If you have played Fishdom then the format will be familiar - you collect gold and use it to buy things. In this game you repair a land one area at a time.

There are challenges, straight 'clear the tile' match 3s and occasional HOP.

I played timed, but there is an untimed option too.
Enjoy!

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on May 14, 14 1:39 PM
I do like this game, and after playing the full demo I will buy. But I have one concern, and maybe I need to play more to get them, but there are no extras to use that allow you to blow up tiles in creative ways! In match three games I like to blow stuff up! You do get weapons that show up as you play, on the field of play, but not in an arsenal you can call on when needed. Not so far, anyway. And compared to Imperial Island-Birth of an Empire, this game is slow. Lots of weapons in that one!
But the game is fun and a good match three is a fun find!

babsvb1948
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by babsvb1948 on May 14, 14 1:55 PM
I like match 3 games, but this one is really better. You get hidden objects, you can buy items to build the area, but the match 3 is fun, challenging and best played in the timed mode to make it more fun. Nice music, good graphics, a buy for me after playing only 15 min of the demo. I recommend this game.

[Post New]by somerainyday54 on May 15, 14 6:11 PM
I am enjoying this game, but wondering if I'm doing something wrong. Most of the time, the most you can earn is 100. I wish there were ways to earn more by doing things like getting combo's etc.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on May 16, 14 9:05 PM
I like this game as well. However it would be nice to find instructions for scoring, etc. Seems I can only get 100 points no matter how hard I try to get gold pcs. I also wish the lady with the lovely voice would speak a bit more, like during scene changes. Overall, it's an addictive little game.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on May 17, 14 5:05 AM
This game's a steal at $4.99!

I'm not much of a fan of the M3 genre, but I enjoy some time management games with M3 (e.g. Pizza Chef, Pizza Chef 2, Restaurant Rush, etc.) and games like this one. This is one of the few M3's I can play without eyestrain. Sparkling backgrounds really bother me, but it's not too bright. Otherwise, I wouldn't have bought it.

The buildings and decorations are really cute, and I like having the option to play without a timer. I'm on level 30. So far, I think I've played 4 or 5 H0 scenes. The challenges are fun, too, although I'm not sure how the bonuses are calculated. The M3 tiles are small, but clear and colorful. I like being able to make matches while the tiles are falling.

With 200 levels and a relaxed mode, it's great value for the money.

Tauret
Marlin
Marlin
8,157 Posts

[Post New]by Tauret on May 17, 14 12:21 PM
I keep a few Match 3 and Solitaire games on hand for when I have some gaming time available but not enough to commit to a HOPA and this little gem has been added to the top my buy list.

I played the demo in untimed mode enjoyed all the game elements. I really like the mention of the One Tree at the beginning of the game and that magic is a positive thing. I get so very tired of games that demonize magic and witchcraft. I know these are “just games” but many are flat out insulting.

I LOVE the magic theme to the graphics with red witch hats, purple cauldrons and green potion bottles, etc. I can only hope that as the game progresses they add brooms, owls, crystal balls, herbs and other icons of the magical path.

So far as the building, well, it’s not something I look for in a game, but I don’t find it a distraction here. The only thing that would make it more enjoyable for me would be if you could choose options from each category. For example, if instead of being able to buy only one type of fence there were three or four different styles of fencing offered.

The match 3 grids were not complicated in the portion of the demo I did. I found them easy to do , but didn’t get bored and I played the full hour. The only thing I would have liked with the match 3 play would have been explanations of the power-ups. I still don’t know how I earned the lightning bolts, but loved having them available to use for gathering coins.

I enjoyed the little challenges between the regular match 3 boards and the hidden object scenes.

All in all I find this a wonderful, relaxing game and I will pick it up the next time I have the finances to make some purchases.

Keep your dorsal fin up,
Tauret

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on May 24, 14 7:16 PM
BASED ON DEMO ONLY

After reading all the reviews and playing the demo, I think the way this game looks has been well-covered. I will add that the cursor is very smooth and the tiles fall just as smoothly. Also, it is not a "childish" looking game.

I guess I am looking at this game from a whole other angle than others before me. The game is about the M3 play and the ability to earn enough money to restore the land. Yes, the HOS scenes were boring and annoying, but there are not too many and they do earn you money.

A number of reviews are under the impression that you can only earn $100 after playing a board, but if you look at the statistics they show you when you finish a board, it is $100 + the number of coins you collected while playing that board. This will be reflected at the top left where you can see the amount of money you have in order to buy repairs. I made upwards of $700+ on one board. And therein lies the challenge. I suppose you could play this timed and find a challenge there, but even on the timed mode, I see no way you would have trouble clearing a small board with the many, many bombs and rockets and other power-ups that fall onto the board after you make certain combos.

If you want to collect the money to finish rebuilding the land, you almost have to play in untimed mode. This way you can put off finishing the board until you have collected (matched 3,4,5 gold coins in a row) the most gold coins as you could. The challenge in this is the boards are small, and because the power-ups quickly fill the board, you have to find matches to be made so as not to clear the board, and yet keep those coins coming down from the top so you can match them up and collect your money. # of coins collected is shown in the top left corner when you are playing the board, plus you get $100 for completing the board.

At least that is the way I was playing the game. I may be completely wrong (certainly not the first time!). In any event, the way I was playing was opposite the way I would play any other M3. Now, is that a good thing? I'm not sure, but leaning toward no - it's not a good thing. (But I really am hungry for a new M3)

Of course, please try it yourself before you buy. Play it the way you think is best for you, and see what you think.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend, and enjoy this BOGO sale. TY Big Fish.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 24, 14 10:09 PM
Surprised that I like this game. I never play Match 3, aside from 1 or 2 very rare instances. (Restaurant Rush was great)

I like the building/improving aspect of the game but I wish there were choices instead of just flat out buying what they show.

I hope to find out how much of the game is the non-match 3 stuff and that will help me decided upon whether or not to purchase. I like to have a lot of meat & potatoes to my games!

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Jun 8, 14 9:41 PM
Graphics are interesting. Enjoy the M3 boards and enjoy the different mini games included.
However, as with others messages about the collecting coins; this game lacks a lot. There is no explanation about how you are accruing the coins or money. And it is correct that after the first about 50 games all you can get is 100 points/coins at the end of the board play so you end up extending by not finishing so you can keep matching the gold coins. That folks gets really boring.
I played one mini game over 20 times so I could build up over 1000 coins and even in doing so, never yet have I completed all the purchases though I have reached the 200th level using 7 different names.
So what is the point of this game???

mapste
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mapste on Aug 18, 14 5:52 AM
I love this game -- an M3 which is also building a village, with M3 challenges and puzzles, and even an occasional hidden objects level. Nice variety of play. This is so much better than the last M3/build a village I tried, which kept taking away lives and dumping me back 20 levels to repeat again and again. I uninstalled it because to me a game is supposed to be enjoyable like Mystika 2, not frustrating! All in all, an interesting, fun, and winnable game! I suggest running it in timed mode to make the later levels more challenging.

And I love the sound effects!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Sep 7, 14 6:14 AM
Its a good thing I got this at a discount or I would probably be a bit upset. I love match 3 games, but this one is a real dragger. I am now at the 75% done mark and this game is enough to drive you crazy with boredom. Definately not the excitment factor you get in some games.

Very repetitive, even though there are some options occassionally for something besides the slow moving match three, the HOS are repetative scenes as are the bonus games/puzzles. The lag time between level movement will drive you crazy.

It takes so long to accure the money needed to buy the town that it just gets frustrating as well as boring. Now I am playing untimed so maybe there is a bit more excitment in the timed mode, but I doubt it. I finally had to turn the music off since it was making me fall asleep.

Definately not a game to get if you like a little faster paced game even in an untimed mode. I go back and forth with this game because I can only stand a short time with it before wanting to fall asleep. I guess I will eventually make it to the end. Yawn....basically, its just no fun!

I only give this a 2 star out of 5 because the graphics are pretty. Not a game I would recommend for those who like games that have enough action to keep them awake. A good game if you can't fall asleep at night...because this one will get you there fast.

Additional comments....now up to 97% complete..and all you can play are the bonus games..over and over again. You need something like 4000 points to finish the last of the actual game...points add up VERY slowly....I can see no end to this disgusting game so into the trash it goes...what a waste of mindless time.

Edited on 09/09/2014 at 4:26:06 PM PST

Go to: