Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on May 15, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 05/15/2014 at 9:06:05 AM PST

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bestmommat on May 15, 14 4:13 AM
Awesome to see NO issues!!!!

p.s. made you look...giggle

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Grim Tales: The Vengeance Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by tillybaby on May 15, 14 7:52 AM
Maybe it's just me but I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they managed to fix it,

I am in chapter 3 near a bad tempered gargoyle and a branch across the road which apparently I have to use my machete on to chop it up but I don't have a machete anymore so mission is impossible. Up until this happened I was really enjoying the game,

Anyway I will wait and see if anyone else has the same

Thank you.

[Post New]by Sophinouz on May 15, 14 8:10 AM
I have the same problem my machete is not in my inventory anymore !!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 15, 14 8:22 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by PattyMeeMaw on May 15, 14 8:49 AM
tillybaby wrote:Maybe it's just me but I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they managed to fix it,

I am in chapter 3 near a bad tempered gargoyle and a branch across the road which apparently I have to use my machete on to chop it up but I don't have a machete anymore so mission is impossible. Up until this happened I was really enjoying the game,

Thank you.

[Post New]by Sophinouz on May 15, 14 10:12 AM
I stopped the game replay again and the machete was back in my inventory !!!

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on May 15, 14 1:31 PM
Can't play - really slow and jerky movements

[Post New]by 081288 on May 15, 14 3:30 PM
I am playing the bonus game and can't get the grapes from the furnace in order to open a gate. I have the gate wind but there is no hot spot. Anybody else having this trouble. Please help.

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on May 15, 14 9:52 PM
When I began running into games with slow and jerky movement, I was eventually advised to check my computer's fan.It was coated with dust,which I removed. It worked better.

[Post New]by morgandogs on May 15, 14 10:20 PM
081288 wrote:I am playing the bonus game and can't get the grapes from the furnace in order to open a gate. I have the gate wind but there is no hot spot. Anybody else having this trouble. Please help.

I'm having same problem, stuck and can go no further.

Pokeyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Pokeyk on May 16, 14 8:49 AM
I'm having the same problem getting the crank to the fireplace and retrieving the grapes in the Bonus Chapter. Has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem. I will uninstall and reinstall in hopes it takes care of it, but I don't have much hope.

any help out there??

Edited on 05/16/2014 at 8:49:32 AM PST

Joyce2159
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Joyce2159 on May 16, 14 9:30 AM
JulieJay wrote:Can't play - really slow and jerky movements[/quo

I am having this same problem.

Edited on 05/16/2014 at 9:31:50 AM PST

Beadfisher
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Beadfisher on May 16, 14 2:32 PM
The game will not let me play. I get a Thanks for playing, play again screen, but nothing happens when I click play again,. I deleted and reinstalled the game and the same thing happened. Yes, I have written the help people, but this is so frustrating.

The game takes forever to download, stops midway each time, and if I don't sity on the laptop as it downloads, stops entirely. Stupid.

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on May 16, 14 2:41 PM
To the person who was able to find machete after uninstalling and reinstalling, I have to say I did the same thing ... and I still don't the machete! I've advised 'tech support', but in the meantime, I am not able to play the game. I'm surprised at Elephant Games that they didn't catch this problem! Either fix it or give me my money back!

[Post New]by Gwigowy17 on May 16, 14 3:11 PM
tillybaby wrote:Maybe it's just me but I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this problem and if they managed to fix it,

Thank you.

We had the same problem with the machete. What we did was click menu and menu again, click Play. When it asks to reset click yes, then click play again. This time continue with it asks to reset. The machete should be in your inventory now.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on May 16, 14 3:40 PM
me 2 on the grapes in BC i think there is a major glitch in this chapter which needs to be addressed..ASAP please...i have the lever but cannot use it the fireplace is no longer active so what is the deal? help us please

**oohh oohh i figured it out do NOT use the gaff looking thing 1st...when u get the fireplace handle use it 1st then use the gaff and get ur item for ur side bar holder
for some reason u have to do it in that order or ur screwed issue fixed but u do have to reset and start BC over ;/

Edited on 05/16/2014 at 8:15:41 PM PST

dwigs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by dwigs on May 16, 14 5:03 PM
morgandogs wrote:
081288 wrote:I am playing the bonus game and can't get the grapes from the furnace in order to open a gate. I have the gate wind but there is no hot spot. Anybody else having this trouble. Please help.

I'm having same problem, stuck and can go no further.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on May 16, 14 5:37 PM
Hi All,

Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention. We are currently looking into this and we will post here in the forums as soon as we have more information from the developer.

Sometimes progression blocks like you described may be caused if the computer doesn't have permission to access all of the folders and files to run the game properly. I have provided some troubleshooting steps in the link below to run the game as an administrator, which can help:

Run Game as Administrator

If that doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to troubleshoot this for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on May 16, 14 5:49 PM
Gwigowy17 wrote:
tillybaby wrote:... chapter 3 near a bad tempered gargoyle and a branch across the road which apparently I have to use my machete on to chop it up but I don't have a machete anymore so mission is impossible...

We had the same problem with the machete. What we did was click menu and menu again, click Play. When it asks to reset click yes, then click play again. This time continue with it asks to reset. The machete should be in your inventory now.

Fantastic tip Gwigowy17 & thanks ever so much for posting it.
It works to fix issue of missing machete!
Did as you explained & now I've machete (magically it reappeared) & I can carry on.
Thank you !

Go to: