Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Sooooort of Off Topic But Not Exaclty?

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 15, 14 2:49 AM
Hi do any of the other players know if there's an easy way to tell if I've got any unused game coupons? I think its highly likely that I'm going to be buying this game & I'd be terribly upset if I paid cash for it while having coupons unused. And with all of the (dozens & dozens) of emails I've gotten lately from BFG, its nearly impossible to tell that way. Between sales, technical problems, promotional emails or whatever, news, more sales, reviews, filling my punch card, sales, etc. etc. etc... my usual method of looking thru old emails to find any possible game coupons is pretty much shot because of just so...so...so many. (including ones in the "deleted mail" folders)

But wait - there's more! There are also a bunch of emails that I had stuck into a folder designated specifically for Big Fish (its been around a decade now, so I'll say its merited!) and I don't have access to ALL of my old emails because I've got this AOL software vs. using it on the web & apparently that makes a difference. Long story.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Sooooort of Off Topic But Not Exaclty?

[Post New]by Yaelle on May 15, 14 3:10 AM
This post MAY get deleted but let me attempt to make it more on-topic.

I had to delete the game after barely having played it at all. Its OVER a gigabyte in size.
Just to make sure I was not mistaken, I compared this to 7 or 8 of my other games. (of all genres but I did check my HOPAs) and it IS massive. Unless The Vengeance is going to come here & add some hard drive space to my system, I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass.

Good game from the tiny tiny bit I saw though!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 15, 14 3:13 AM
Wow Yaelle, sounds complicated.
I have lost track of whether or not I have used a coupon a couple of times and customer service was very helpful to me then.....but I don't think I have ever asked them to look through all my coupons.

I do keep all my coupons in a special folder for them....separate from the folder I keep all the other Big Fish mail in.....and I delete the coupon as soon as I have used it.
I also have my e-mail program set to show most recent mail first, so I can keep track of the coupons by date.

I don't know anything about AOL mail, so I am sorry to say, I cannot make any suggestions there.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on May 15, 14 3:46 AM
Hello Yaelle

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean by coupons.

So I'll just say that unless you have a code from CS (due to Tech problems, etc.) exclusively for a CE, then Game Club Credits/Cash are the only ways you can purchase a CE.

If you need a list of your available PCCs and any complimentary codes that CS may have issued to you, you can request a list from CS and they will email it to you.

I have had to request such a list a couple of times from CS, once when my ISP's mail server crashed and lost all my mail and once when I was unsure of a couple of PCCs and whether I had used them or had accidentally let them expire.

They have always been very helpful and understanding about it.

Hope this helps.

BK
edited for clarification

Edited on 05/15/2014 at 3:54:29 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on May 15, 14 3:48 AM
I know this doesn't answer your question but I have a notepad document on my PC called punchcodes. When I get a new code, I copy it from the e-mail and paste it into the notepad doc, along with the expiry date. And like tookat, I delete it when it's used. Far easier than looking through my BFG e-mail folder to find any codes I haven't used!

The question is...do CS know which codes have been issued to whom?? If they do, then they can check for you. If they don't......well it's a case of searching through old mails I'm afraid

bestmommat
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by bestmommat on May 15, 14 4:09 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I know this doesn't answer your question but I have a notepad document on my PC called punchcodes. When I get a new code, I copy it from the e-mail and paste it into the notepad doc, along with the expiry date. And like tookat, I delete it when it's used. Far easier than looking through my BFG e-mail folder to find any codes I haven't used!

I do this as well angelfish106! Works great!

I also have a list of games that don't work properly and the reason and check periodically if they are updated or if my computer just won't play them I can try on my next computer without wondering which ones I had trouble with!

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on May 15, 14 4:16 AM
I guess I'm a bit of a dinosaur! I write all my pcc codes down on a bit of paper and keep it in the drawer of my desk; I also leave them in my e-mail until I use them, then they get deleted. Writing them down means I can check dates quickly (certainly quicker than turning on my computer, waiting for it to "pull itself together" and then going into my e-mails.) Now all I need are some games to use the darn things on.......

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on May 15, 14 4:24 AM
What an excellent idea bestmommat!

I am with you and tookat. I keep my coupons in a separate folder, make sure I know the right date, and delete them when I use them.

Remember, that you can't use punchcard coupons to buy CEs, and no, if you've received coupons as a gift, bfg won't know you have them.

Another way to check would be to do a search in your big fish folder, using the word "coupon", and also remember, you cannot use a coupon after 2 months, so you can forget all those that are older than this.

I assume there won't be too, too many at this point, and you can just try them out by putting them in the code section of the ordering page, and see what response you get. You don't have to go through with the sale to find out which ones work.

Hope you get it all under control...

Tamlin55
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Tamlin55 on May 15, 14 4:27 AM
I just search Big Fish Games in my emails -- all their emails come up -- then I go through and use my credits, oldest to newest, and delete the email containing the free game credit as soon as I use it.

[Post New]by NancySusan on May 15, 14 5:03 AM
I save the PCC's into a general BFG email folder, but I also print them out, so that the information on them is literally at my fingertips (I work at home and have a basket with pending various near me). The email folder is just a back-up. Now and then I go into the folder and do some deleting, knowing the coupons have either been used or have expired. Which happens now and then, grrr.

tesamoine
Herring
Herring
387 Posts

[Post New]by tesamoine on May 15, 14 6:29 AM
What I would do is go through them and delete any that have expired. If you go into your account (at BFG) it will tell you which ones you have used or not used. If they're expired, it doesn't matter. I just keep the PCC in my regular mail in a separate folder and check the little star next to the email when I use one. (I use Yahoo). You could just start oldest to newest and copy and paste the code and delete any one that says "this code is expired or invalid". A lot of work, but it's a start

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on May 15, 14 6:57 AM
I sometimes get confused if I have used a code or not. BFG support gladly sent me an email of ALL my available free game coupon codes and when they expire. Just ask.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 15, 14 7:06 AM
I always forward my emails of punch credits to myself, putting USE BY (then putting the day before they expire) on the title line. So I can see at a glance in the folder how much time is left on each one. Then as I use each one it gets deleted.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 15, 14 7:24 AM
I believe the only way to receive a coupon code, whether from customer service, or when you fill a punch card, is by e mail. So, you could do a search of your e mail for "Big Fish Customer Support" and "you have earned a free game". Of course, most of the punch card credits will be expired. Customer Support coupons do not expire.

As someone said, this CE game can only be purchased today with 2 Game Club Credits. They have no code, and how many you have shows in your account here when you are signed in.

It used to be, Customer Support had a record of all your coupons earned from them. I imagine you could fill out a CS report requesting same. Good Luck!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on May 15, 14 7:32 AM
Free game coupons have expiry dates on them so if you have some that are more than a few months old, they wouldn't be any good anyways.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on May 15, 14 10:05 AM
cottoncandy2 wrote:Free game coupons have expiry dates on them so if you have some that are more than a few months old, they wouldn't be any good anyways.

The ones from Customer Support do not expire unless that caveat is stated in the email. As of late, some free CS coupons, sometimes even ones for a CE game, have been issued in lieu of dealing with the complaint. Those do seem to have an expiration date.

Otherwise, only Punch Card Coupons expire.

Edited on 05/15/2014 at 10:08:45 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on May 15, 14 10:07 AM
Hello Yaelle, The Standard version of this game should be a smaller size and won't take up so much room on the hard drive.

I'm also a bit of a dinosaur. I have a notebook just for my coupon codes and will write them in with the expiration date and when I use it up, I will write the name of the game I got with it. Also, I keep the email with the code and will delete it once it is used just in case I wrote it wrong in my notebook. Done that once or twice.

Good luck on finding out if you have any coupons.

jan1949
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by jan1949 on May 15, 14 12:50 PM
I am like read61 - a dinosaur regarding the Coupon Codes. I use an old fashioned pen to write my coupon codes AND the expiration date on a sticky-note and then stick it to the bottom of my monitor. I have let two codes expire and that really angers me so this is what reminds me to use them. Even one day late is too late - those coupon codes are gone! Two months is plenty of time to use a code, I just mess up sometimes.

Edited on 05/15/2014 at 12:53:06 PM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on May 15, 14 1:13 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm really glad to see you all jumping in to help out with this situation!

Yaelle, you can definitely contact Customer Support HERE and request a list of your unused, unexpired coupons. Any of our Reps would be more than happy to get that for you.

Happy Gaming!

bfgVaiya

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on May 15, 14 1:21 PM
JoyWales wrote:I always forward my emails of punch credits to myself, putting USE BY (then putting the day before they expire) on the title line. So I can see at a glance in the folder how much time is left on each one. Then as I use each one it gets deleted.

I'm going to start doing that.
Right now I keep them in my email
and then move them to BigFish folder
when I use them.
But your way is a lot better,
no chance of forgetting about them.

Thanks

Go to: