46,47,48,49.....arghhh..nooooo!

[Post New]by oliverdee on May 16, 14 2:44 AM
I came to the forums rather late after starting the game and got carried away before I realised the number of HOS challenge in 30 mins.
So worked out a stratgey quickly when 2 new HOS came in one go. and managed the first ones and now trying the 50 one
Had a really good go today and got to 49
I fluffed the last one and ran out of diamonds.
and of course both new HOS upped on me so will be a real struggle now

Oh the frustration.
Used all my diamonds trying and I never buy them.

started another game and will do that one Ok I think

many thanks to all on here for all the tips
I have not updated one game so will try the old Bow route.

wendy

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Re:46,47,48,49.....arghhh..nooooo!

[Post New]by cynththemoler on May 16, 14 3:11 AM
Good luck Wendy!

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 16, 14 6:09 AM
Just curious, you were so close, why not buy some diamonds? You would have had your achievement completed.

I'm not a BFG member so 50 diamonds cost me $1.99. A very good deal for a game that's given me months of play, beautiful graphics and a fantastic forum where I've met wonderful friends.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on May 18, 14 7:19 AM
I made a vow to never spend money on these Game and never ever have.
I do not trust myself and as have no spare money it would just not be right.

I wish we could tell who is playing spending real money and who is not then we could match ourselvers against those who do it alone.

I just wanted to than Lady S for her tips as I did finally manage to get the 50 in 30 mins

so to anyone else that has gone well into the Game and only just realised that this Challenge is hard that way it can be done if you wait for the 2 HOS that appear in the ice troll area and then plan very carefully with a timer.

wendy

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 18, 14 7:58 AM
I guess that people making a point of saying that they haven't spent any money on this game has become a pet peeve of mine. My problem, I know that.

The issue is that when people say they won't spend money on the game it means that they refuse to support this game and any future updates. And a few are those who have complained when the updates are long in waiting.

There may be some people who are living on the edge of economic collapse and barely able to connect with old XP machines. Or people who are very ill and their medicines are expensive (my mother has one that is $400/month). These people truly can not afford to $1.99 for 50 diamonds. Most of us, though, make choices of what to spend our money on.

This game is full of gorgeous graphics, challenging HO scenes, little extras like flowers and achievements and a wonderful friend function. If any game at BFG deserved a small purchase, it's this one.

I promise to not say anymore on this subject because I know that I've harped on it before. Well, not unless someone starts a 'who hasn't spent any money on this game, yay?' thread. That one might do me in.

Edit- I have friends who haven't spent money; that's ok. It's people boasting about it in the forums like it's a good thing that I have a peeve about.

Edited on 05/18/2014 at 8:22:16 AM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 18, 14 8:45 AM
Amerzone, I hear you loud and clear. I went into MC not intending to spend cash because the couple of FTP games I had played before were poorly designed and would stop you playing for up to a full day if you didn't pay, and they just weren't worth it. After getting into the game and seeing how much time I was spending on it and what a good game it was I decided to pay to support the development and continuation of it. A side benefit was that I could finish a quest a little faster. I'm not spending a lot of money (for me) but enough so that I feel comfortable with my decision.
We all know there are a lot of people in the game with medical or other issues that make it impossible for them to spend anything. None of us begrudges them the enjoyment and friendships they're getting out of this
There are people who have spent a lot of money (to me over $100 is a LOT of money on a game) to advance quickly and get through levels and achievements. If you choose to do this, that's your decision, you were not forced to do it. We saw a lot of rage from these people at the level 18 lockout because they felt they were "owed" something for being "tricked" into paying, even threatening lawsuits. I haven't heard any of that lately so if we're lucky this angry group has left the game.
Finally we have a group who are doing the game without spending money because they choose not to spend money, not because they can't. That's a decision that makes the game take longer and is in some ways harder. That doesn't mean it's any more or less valid a way to play than any other.
My personal pet peeves happen when somebody implies, or says flat out, that the way they did the game is better than everybody else's. It happens with some people who brag about not spending money, and also with those who are too forceful about having finished all the Bow Figurines before they were dumbed-down. I'm sorry but I don't see how that makes you a better person or entitled to special treatment or benefits. Be proud of having made it through 12 BFs, but don't be pushy and obnoxious. I didn't get there because I started the game a month later than you, not because I was lazy or cheap. Come on THIS IS A GAME! Play nice, please! (Nasty comments finished for now )

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 18, 14 9:03 AM
Rosie, I haven't seen much of the 'I'm better than you' comments but one does feel sometimes that that's what is implied.

I just worry that more games like this will not be produced if the developers don't see continuing profits. There are a lot of free-2-play games but I think this is the best so far and working with graphics myself I see the amount of work that it took to create this game.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 18, 14 9:03 AM
I have to say I mentioned getting to the end of level 24 without spending a cent on diamonds. Mainly to point out that it can be done. I was going to spend money (and likely a lot) when they ever decided to have a sale on them as I believe the amount of diamonds per real cash ratio is a bit unbalanced. But I believe in showing support for the time, effort, talent, and imagination it takes to design a beautiful game such as this one.

Furthermore, the Dev's did (IMO) a wonderful service in changing the Bow Figurine to help ease the frustration and tedium of endless HOS searches to spend a week to complete one (twelve times). So after reaching the end of level 24 I decided the least I could do is show support and send a thank you to the Dev's for listening to the cries of my very frustrated friends. I spent real money on a diamonds purchase. I do not regret it. Still wish they would have a sale on them though. If they do have a sale I'll likely buy more. Mainly because I want to get the Market Master achievement. Yeah, I'm an achievement junkie and crazy enough to spend real money just to get that one.

Silver Hawk

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 18, 14 9:12 AM
Thank you Silver, that is a lovely sentiment. I too want to say 'thank you' for the hours of pleasure (and sometimes frustration, lol) that I've had with this game. It's absolutely beautiful.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 18, 14 9:17 AM
Silver hawk,
I hope I haven't offended you or anyone else with my wording. My only defense is that I was trying to be concise but didn't quite make it. Your comments and some others I've seen have been encouraging to other players - "See, I've done it, so you can do it even if you can't spend money". I think that's a good line to take.
I think the devs may be shooting themselves in the foot (feet?) by not having a diamond sale for the PC. The pent up demand would probably have filled their coffers multiple times, especially if they had thought to do it while the old BF was still in force. Maybe if we all get together and visualize the word "sale" at the same time, one of the head elephants will hear in his sleep and come through with the goods!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 18, 14 9:34 AM
Rosie, I'm not in the least offended. Actually I don't offend easily at all. Everyone has their own way and own reasons. It's all good .

Because Awakening Kingdoms has sales ALL THE TIME I've actually spent nearly 150 US $ dollars on that one. I only have bought when there was a sale. I'm positive I'm not the only one too. But their diamond to real cash ratio is much more reasonable to begin with. I've Spent 60 US $ on Elephants other game Found. Only spent 40 US $ on Farm Up because I'm sick of planting wheat. I pay to play a lot of FTP games as you can see and I don't mind. It takes a lot of time to create the programming and artwork involved and the employees need to get paid for their efforts.

So if your one out there that can't afford to pay to play - don't worry, it's ok, I've probably already paid for you and it's all worth it to me if it brings someone else a little joy.

So for MC I'll start chanting Sale...Sale...Sale...Sale...Sale...etc.

Silver Hawk

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on May 18, 14 10:04 AM
I have bought diamonds for my original game because the Bow Figurine was getting to me.....in my second game, I chose to try it without any purchases and find that it has only taken me a few weeks to reach almost the same point. However, I respect everyone's right to play the way they choose to......if the can afford and want to buy diamonds, that's great. If not, that's okay too. But I do get tired of the folks who want to brag about it....all I can say about them is that sadly you have to consider the source. This is a great game that can be played with or without purchases....but Rosie is right....it's just a game and something to be enjoyed!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 18, 14 11:51 AM
I haven't spent any money and managed to make it to level 23...but y'all know the problems I have had with the server connection and the Social page not working. On the second game I was going to buy diamonds to advance more quickly, but have been so frustrated with the glitches, and the fact that the same glitches have appeared, albeit briefly, on the second game, I hesitate to spend money that is tight since I retired, and of course, I now have a monthly med bill, not to mention all of the hospital and doctor bills that are piling up. But still the cost of a few diamonds wouldn't break me...but I said I wasn't going to do it until the game is fixed. And now the game is glitching on my laptop too...freezing, slow, jerky, blah, blah, blah. Nuff said

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on May 18, 14 1:24 PM
I do see where the comments re supporting the game are coming from.
I would probably buy some if there was a sale on as many have asked for.
but I have to say it is more the challenge for me than the money
I do save up and buy the oddgame.
so I would pay a one off fee.
but just terrified of the "Oh just a few more wont hurt"
as been there before and end up feeling very ashamed when i added up
Settting a budget did not seem to work for me

so I have decided to spend what I would on a normal game if a sale comes up and then just a few once a month as I do agree with what has been said and it is a beauftifully crafted Game.

I just wish I could win eggs somehow without spending money
have tried on wheel etc.
but then there has to be something to tempt people to spend money or as you say..no game

Perhaps I will get brave a put one on my wish list but that does seem cheeky

wendy

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on May 18, 14 2:04 PM
oliversgranny wrote:.

I just wish I could win eggs somehow without spending money
have tried on wheel etc.
but then there has to be something to tempt people to spend money or as you say..no game
Perhaps I will get brave a put one on my wish list but that does seem cheeky
wendy

Offer a trade for an egg. I got a couple of eggs from trading two complete bow figurine items (back when the bow was more time consuming). You could offer up a crafted item for an egg of approximate equal value.

A lot of people have put them on their wish list hoping they show up on the wheel. It may be hogwash but it's worth a try.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 18, 14 2:47 PM
I have been lucky getting eggs in my main game, but can't gift them, until they fix it. Ironic, isn't it, that I got three turtle eggs on a few spins of the wheel...but since friend wish lists haven't updated since April 22, the only day that it worked, nobody can get them. Haven't had any luck with eggs on the other two games...go figure.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 18, 14 4:02 PM
I've had eggs on my wheel but I've never won them

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on May 18, 14 4:22 PM
If you save up the wands that can be used in the HOS to find the items on the list you can win the achievement this way . You wont get the extra points and it takes awhile to save them but it is another way to win the achievement without having to buy diamonds . If you do it this way it has to be done with all the HOS active . I had to save about 80 of these wands and it depends on how close you are to the 50 as to how many you will use . It takes 4 on the 1 hour HOS that was what I was going by not knowing if all HOS would be an hour recharge .

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on May 18, 14 5:48 PM
The reason I was speanding real money was I did not know better..... thought it was ..... okay never mind what I thought lol... thing is I was I guess you say playing blind untill I fond the forum and then it is like... now I see and understand...
This is a complex,, brain racking,, beautifull grafics ,,, make you think.... did I mention brain racking?.... game and with the wonderful people here and the DEV'S fixing some of the gliches this game is a pleasure to play.
I had to deal with strategy and maps etc. etc. while I was in the service but nothing like this game lol hey maybe I should contact them and have them use this game in basic training ... WOW can see the recruits drop like fly's if they did...they would never make it through there 6 month basic training...

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on May 18, 14 6:21 PM
Now , that is an idea !! I say that because my family is big on the Service .... ARMY and NAVY,,, lifers . Now I'm wondering how they would do with this game .

Go to: