Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

Please fix the HOS

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 16, 14 9:05 AM
I was noticing that the timer on the HO scenes runs faster than real seconds do so I timed it...38 count on the HOS timer and 20 real seconds to finish the HOS. Is there a reason they can't use real seconds?

I then got to thinking that perhaps my computer's clock is running too fast. Does anyone know anything about that and how it would affect the HOS timer? (I don't mean the clock that keeps time for the computer but the clock that affects game times).

What frustrates me the most with the HO scenes is the stuttering and freezing cursor. I also have to click multiple times on my last items when I'm finishing up quickly and miss finishing them all for a 1 and end up with a 2 instead.

I've also played HO scenes that the the points run down slowly even when I'm almost done. This has happened rarely and I wondered if it had something to do with a constant clicking on active items that is consistent and steady (every item I click on is selected).
Usually the points run down to 1 when I still have 1 item left and I'm just moving my cursor to select it. It happens so fast that I can't imagine anyone could have selected that last item.

Any thoughts on why some of these things happen?

tazruby2000
Flounder
Flounder
2,399 Posts

Re:Please fix the HOS

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on May 16, 14 9:17 AM
I seen the timer jump around alot, skipping seconds and sometimes go back seconds. I think it may be some lag on the servers causing the times to change and not be accurate. Just like I noticed when a new item appears on the list, there is sometimes a longer wait until that item shows up and sometimes it shows right away. Sometimes I wonder if the servers are overloaded and get confused.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 16, 14 9:22 AM
It seems like the faster you click on items, the faster the next item will run off the timer. if you click steadily it gives you the most time. The way it's set up, the last item runs down the timer very fast so see if you can get your last 3 items in the same area of the screen so you have a better chance of getting from one to the next. Also, try to get the picky little things that are harder to click on out of the way so you have something bigger to aim at for your last one.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 16, 14 9:43 AM
Thank you both for answering. Rosie, those are good suggestions. The 'picky' things are hard to grab sometimes and make me go 'argh' when I miss clicking them

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on May 16, 14 10:19 AM
My language is a bit "Salty"-er than that, I'm afraid . I just can't stand that @#%$@ skinny little paintbrush in the mirrors. Or anything else in the Mirrors. argh

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 16, 14 10:26 AM
I have problems with light colored items, like the handkerchief in the mirrors and the seashell in the winter garden. I just don't see them

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

[Post New]by FudgeChi on May 16, 14 10:38 AM
Amerzone wrote:I have problems with light colored items, like the handkerchief in the mirrors and the seashell in the winter garden. I just don't see them

I'm the same Amerzone and I can barely find anything in the Fire Fountain on those colours!

Necromage
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Necromage on May 16, 14 10:47 AM
In-Game-Clock running faster than Real-Time-Clock is not just for HOSs but for Airship, Card Table, Fortune Wheel too. This is also why some people can get the Knight Avatar in 15 days instead of 30 days.

If you leave the game open continuously, the Airship comes in around 2.5 to 3 hours. I haven't marked down the actual hours for the Card Table and the Fortune Wheel, but I'll say the Card Table is about 8-10 hours and the Fortune Wheel is about 16-18 hours.

That is how the Knight Avatar can be achieved earlier than 30 days. If you click on the Knights right after midnight and then leave the game open without closing the game, you can click on the Knights again at around 8pm and get credited for another day. Then click again right after midnight and get a third day. (I got the Knight Avatar even earlier than Bedazzles but I thought I'll just keep quiet about it to preserve this bug ).

So no, I don't want this bug to be corrected .

Edited on 05/16/2014 at 10:57:56 AM PST

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on May 16, 14 10:52 AM
Amerzone, RE: the stuttering cursor.........I had that too and it would cause me to miss clicking on things or just not let me move to them quickly. I fixed that particular problem by going to the menu and instead of having the in-game cursor, change it to your regular everyday cursor. That seemed to fix my cursor problems. Hope it helps.

[Post New]by Pagan_Twylight on May 16, 14 11:20 AM
Necromage,

Since you brought up the Knight Achievement, I have a question about it. I have several games. Three are low level and not truly 'public' in that I have few if any friends on them other than each other...That said, I open all three in a row and use the same actions in each one. So in all of them, the knights get clicked on more than once a day. My main game, I am in most and I have never missed a day of clicking on the knights since the achievement started. I didn't start with the other games until several days later....yet my lowest level game reached the 15 day mark several days before my main game, which started before it did. Not only that, but the days it shows have varied on them. At one point my main game was at 11 days...two days later, and it was still on 11 days. Then it went to thirteen, and then down to 11 and from there to nine and then back up to thirteen, It finally hit 15 several days after my other lower-level game reached that point. Two of the other games are acting in a similar way...with the days never seeming to to move from between 9 and thirteen but to move back and forth. It is very annoying as all of them should have hit on the fifteen day mark several days ago. So, now two have and two are still playing at being yo-yos. Any ideas as to what is causing that to happen? I surely don't.

Pagan

Edited on 05/16/2014 at 11:21:48 AM PST

wicked2014
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by wicked2014 on May 16, 14 11:41 AM
fire fountain, the corkscrew ugh!!!!!! I have the hardest time finding that item

pandora7777
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by pandora7777 on May 16, 14 11:47 AM
I'm with you on the mirrors Rosie. That is my least fave HOS! The skinny items are annoying when you are trying to get a good time. Things like the arrow and poker require you to be spot on the click. And sometimes the handcuffs in the hamster skull pyramid can be finicky too... for me at least.

Necromage
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by Necromage on May 16, 14 11:48 AM
Pagan_Twylight wrote:Necromage,

Since you brought up the Knight Achievement ...

Since I only play one game only, I don't know how having three games on the same computer will affect this.

My suggestion will be, for one of the games that's yo-yoing, try only opening that game *without opening any of your other games* within a 48 hour period. If you can stay up till midnight, then click on the knights right after midnight, keep the game open for as many hours as you can (you can minimize it to use the computer for other things), then click on it again just before midnight, and then click on it again right after midnight. You should be able to register 4 Knight clicks within this 48 hour period.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 16, 14 11:52 AM
The ball in the fire fountain...ugh...where is it??

Pagan, someone said that there is a bug and that sometimes the knight count goes backwards instead of forward so you lose some of your days that you clicked.

This game is beautiful but it does have its share of bugs.

JennyThorn
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by JennyThorn on May 16, 14 3:16 PM
Most hateful HOS? Mirrors! But I have to say, the hardest to "tap" on an iPad is the stupid tassel... And it is like half of them. I struggle with the darker colored scenes like the amour and banners...favorite one and still challenging? Stone bowl.
What's yours?
Sorry didn't mean to hijack the post

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on May 16, 14 3:59 PM
Not a problem Jenny. Tassel is difficult on the PC too.

I don't have a clear and away favorite but I do like Skulls...I think that's it...the one with the hamster. Also the Winter Garden..it's pretty.

CURSOR - yay, changing the cursor from custom cursor to regular cursor fixed a lot of the issues. Thank you for that tip Aleutcia!!!!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on May 16, 14 10:17 PM
I always have the most trouble finding that dang curly blue ribbon. Although I "know" where it's hidden in all of its HOs, it's so well hidden in the dark scenes that it's always the last thing I find.

Go to: