MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Bonus chapter

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on May 16, 14 7:01 PM
I forgot to get something at the beginning of the bonus game. Now I've gone into the past and I can't go back. Does any one know what to do? Thank you.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Bonus chapter

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 17, 14 3:23 AM
What item did you forget? There aren't many that carry over from the present to the past.

MaryAnn3935
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

[Post New]by MaryAnn3935 on May 17, 14 12:17 PM
I forgot to get the wire clippers

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 17, 14 1:19 PM
You didn't miss it. The manicure clippers are on the crate by the statue. With them, cut the wires around the crate. The pieces of wire you get then are called wire cutter (it's a badly named item). You can access this item with the little + button, and then you need to place the pieces on the left in the gaps of the big piece on the right.

photograph
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by photograph on May 19, 14 2:17 PM

Cannot pick up grapes from fireplace in bonus game, so cannot advance . Help

Re:Bonus chapter Fireplace Problem

[Post New]by codysfriend on May 23, 14 3:50 PM
I got all the way through the game but in the bonus chapter I got hung up on getting the grapes from the fireplace. Has anyone solved this problem???

harmony
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by harmony on May 25, 14 12:10 PM
I'm having the same problem, it won't let me put the crank into the hole in the fireplace grate?

[Post New]by SYD_Masters on May 27, 14 4:10 PM
I got all the way to the end of the Bonus chapter and can't finish. All I have left in inventory is the package which needs to be cut by letter opener (according to strategy guide). It's already laying on the table and won't let me retrieve. HOW do I open the package?

[Post New]by hderoche on May 29, 14 10:27 AM
photograph wrote:
Cannot pick up grapes from fireplace in bonus game, so cannot advance . Help

I can't get the grapes either.

Edited on 05/29/2014 at 10:29:08 AM PST

Fafallina
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Fafallina on May 30, 14 2:35 AM
I'm stuck here too.

[Post New]by Dallorie on Jun 7, 14 3:25 PM
Has anyone discovered a fix for the fireplace grate/grapes issue. How frustrating.

hulapopper
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hulapopper on Jun 8, 14 8:44 PM
I hope someone can tell us all how to fix the fireplace crank issue. I want to finish the bonus.

[Post New]by BigRipOff on Jun 10, 14 12:24 PM
This is the second time that I had a problem with a game from BFG..So now I'm pissed!! The first time was with Ancient Astronauts CE, which I liked playing, & now this game is stuck @ the fire place in the bonus chapter..What a Big Rip Off !!!
Why is BFG still selling games that are known to be flawed??If the developers are not fixing these software issues within a set time, BFG should not be posting them for sale..

[Post New]by PrincessBee57 on Jun 11, 14 2:16 PM
I can't get the fireplace grate crank to work either!! Very frustrating! I re-started the bonus chapter as was suggested, but I still run into the same problem. Really enjoyed this game up until this point... Hope they post a fix for this soon.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jun 18, 14 4:51 PM
It seems that many are having a problem putting the crank handle into the fireplace grate. I just finished playing the bonus game and everything worked okay. The hole for the handle is on the right side of the grate - not the top or middle, etc. Maybe this will make a difference as some games can be touchy and you have to make sure you click on the exact spot where the item needs to be used. Just curious.....

[Post New]by cimicifuga on Jul 16, 14 6:03 AM
The same thing happened to me with the fireplace crank lever.Uninstalling and reinstalling the game does not solve the problem as it takes you straight back to where you got stuck with the fireplace.What I did in another game with similar problems as this one was to delete my players name and give myself a new name and then start the main game again then onto the Bonus Chapter.When I got to the fireplace section I had no problem putting the lever into the slot and picking up the bunch of grapes.What I would suggest is to try and get the fireplace grate lever at the earliest opportunity before collecting the other items.Hope this helps as I managed to finish the Bonus Chapter

Go to: