M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Previous games, have to play?

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on May 16, 14 8:58 PM
Hello,

I'm just wondering if it's needed to play all the games from the start to be able to understand the storyline for this "Grim Tales".

Or so, are all the story lines connected?

Thank you for any help,
~Erithan
(Please ignore bugged user name)

Edited on 05/16/2014 at 9:04:48 PM PST

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

Re:Previous games, have to play?

[Post New]by elijah5 on May 17, 14 1:20 PM
HiM1rAk0n,

No you don't have to play the other games to play this one. This one is not connected to the others. They have changed it quite a bit.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on May 17, 14 3:21 PM
hi Erithan,

if you dislike the name you created for the forum so much, why don't you ask customer service if they can change it for you?

As to playing the games in sequence.....
They jump around so much as to what the story is about that I got confused a long time ago.

I think someone who understands the story arc better than I do, should write a synopsis that shows which of the stories fits the arc and which don't......
BUT, I have enjoyed each of the games, and hope I will enjoy this one as much....
even with the name changes.....and other mysteries.

[Post New]by Alanisi on May 19, 14 3:38 PM
The previous games you don't have to play but they are fun, just don't try to make out the connected story line, my personal guess is all the changing the past in several previous games had a butterfly effect, what with people not dying when they did die and all.

jellypuppy
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by jellypuppy on May 30, 14 7:50 PM
The basic series story line goes like this:

The Bride: Your twin sister has died before her wedding and you have a chance to travel into the past to solve her murder and save her.

The Legacy: Your sister has married and moved into the Grey family castle/estate. They have a child and you are to attend his christening. However upon arrival you must prevent a family curse from ruining the new family.

The Wishes: Your sister's family has moved out of Grey castle and into a small cottage at the edge of a swamp. Your sister writes that your nephew James (who is now a young child) has become secretive and frightened. She asks you to come help figure out what is plaguing the child.

The Stone Queen: James needs your help. He has asked you to a mining town to help him with a matter involving the local legend of the Stone Queen.

Bloody Mary: You also have a niece named Elizabeth who is attending boarding school. Save her and her classmates from the supernatural figure of Bloody Mary who is terrorizing the school.

The Vengeance: Elizabeth and James are now adults. Elizabeth is dead and James accused of her murder. Travel back in time to solve her murder and prove James is innocent.

M1rAk0n
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by M1rAk0n on Jun 3, 14 7:00 PM
Sorry it took so long, just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the help and information.=)

[Post New]by MeenFangrl on Jul 17, 14 4:16 PM
I thought the kid's name was Brandon. Did they change it to James?

kaboobie
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by kaboobie on Dec 11, 14 11:04 AM
Luisa and John Gray's children are Brandon and Jackie. The player is Luisa's sister and thus Aunt to Brandon and Jackie.

James and Elizabeth McGray also call the player Aunt (Aunt Gray, for some reason, even though Gray is Luisa's married name) but it is unclear how they are related to Luisa and John.

The latest game in the series (Grim Tales: Color of Fright) brings all the previous characters (except Brandon) together and makes it clear that James and Elizabeth are not just new names for Brandon and Jackie.

Go to: