BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Talk with the developers of Demon Hunter: Chronicles from beyond here!

[Post New]by BorisDr on May 16, 14 10:56 PM
Hello everyone!
My name is Boris and I'm a producer and lead designer in Brave Giant Games - the developer behind Demon Hunter: Chronicles from beyond.
This is our first game, and we would like to make tradition to talk with you on this forum. I would like to hear from you what do you like in our game more and what do you like less, I hope that we will have chance to hear some great suggestions from you how to improve on our upcoming game.

Keep your comments coming - I'll stay around the forum and try to catch up with everyone!

Best,
Boris
Brave Giant Games

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

Re:Talk with the developers of Demon Hunter: Chronicles from beyond here!

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on May 18, 14 11:07 AM
Your first game? Wow! You did a wonderful job!

I loved the game! I liked the different sets of collectibles. It made it more interesting for me, and doable! I don't like having to find 103 stars or 99 flowers. Too many to bother with, and I forget.

The HOS were nice, with their morphing objects. Don't give that up! Please lose all sparkles on the hardest mode. I did go to options to re-check the difficulty mode, but still had sparkles. Usually I won't get a game with sparkles, but this one was so good I overlooked them. I appreciated the little things like when you unscrew things you don't just click on it and it undoes all of the screws, you must move to each screw. That is more realistic than most games, which take the easy way out and do the work for the player!

Some of the reviews were unfairly brutal to the game. One in particular seems to nitpick every little error. Even large developers have spelling errors and typos!
No matter how many times I edit something I have written a error manages to sneak through!

I adored the old lady looking for her cat, Mr. Hickory! Mr. Hickory, what a great and unexpected name for a cat!

I hope enough people purchased it, and liked it enough, for you to keep to the same style in your next game. I would hate to see you add little furry helpers and jellybean candy colored graphics! I didn't find it so much "dated" as old-fashioned, in a good way. It wasn't just one more in a long line of games indistinguishable from each other. (Just today I was demoing a new game, and my daughter thought I was re-playing an old one, the scenes looked so much like each other.) Your graphics were beautiful. I liked the music. At times it was just suspenseful enough to make me want to see what happened next.

As an experienced player, I enjoyed your game very much.

(Your Fame by Frame board games looks interesting, but I guess it's hard to find... Also, it's wonderful you made a game to help those with war trauma, PTSD, etc.)

I eagerly await your new games! Just please, please, don't copy all the others!

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on May 18, 14 2:48 PM
Hi twinsoniclab ,

Thank you very much on your honest opinion.
We will definitely give our best in our upcoming game to justify your expectations.
We get a lot of positive response about morphing object so we will keep them as well as different collectibles..
Also we will take more care about spelling errors and typos, and that is a promise.
Great tip about sparkles, and we will definitely lose all sparkles on the hardest mode.
And we will give our best to be different in our next games.

Thank you very much for such a nice review!

[Post New]by debc49 on May 18, 14 9:15 PM
I loved the game very much. Keep up the good work especially the collectibles and morphing objects. Need a walk through. Please tell me where is that 7th flask it is bugging me to death? i check every scene several times , got all collectibles except that darn 7th flask.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on May 18, 14 11:46 PM
@dec49b
I loved the game very much. Keep up the good work especially the collectibles and morphing objects. Need a walk through. Please tell me where is that 7th flask it is bugging me to death? i check every scene several times , got all collectibles except that darn 7th flask

Hi debc49,
Thanks on your nice thoughts. We will give our best.
About collectibles please check your inbox
Looking forward to hear from you in the future.

Best
Boris

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on May 24, 14 1:35 PM
I bought the game and am tickled that I did. I really enjoyed the game, good story line, graphics acceptable, just the right amount of difficulty in HOPs. The morphs were a cute touch. The ONLY thing I wish were added is, at the end, a list of the collectibles. I always play a second time and would love to get the one I missed. Lots of extras for a SE, usually only get them for a CE. Cannot beat this, will buy next one soon as it comes out. For a first it is incredible!

fatandfrumpy
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by fatandfrumpy on May 25, 14 8:58 AM
Played it a second time.....got ALL the collectibles! Yay, Me! I loved the game, and everything about it. great story line, hoping you come out with a sequel!

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on May 25, 14 10:59 PM
Hi fatandfrumpy,

Thanks for compliments it is our firstgame. And we will definitly get a list of collectibles in our upcoming games.

Best
Boris

Magda640
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Magda640 on May 28, 14 11:33 AM
BorisDr,
I really enjoyed this game! I like the idea of including morphing items in the hidden object scenes - it makes one do a double take. The artwork was excellent; it was so clear and colorful that the game is a pleasure to play. The story line was good also, and the game was just the correct length for me. I don't enjoy some of the very long and tedious games. I was also pleasantly surprised to find a bonus game in this standard edition. The only negative thing I have to say is, the developers really must find someone who can edit the language; there are many, many errors in the English, not just spelling, but also grammar, making some of the instructions almost laughable. To be taken seriously as professionals the games must be polished before they are released. Please continue developing more games for us.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on May 28, 14 12:43 PM
Dear Magda640,
Thank you very much on playing our game and even more on your sincere comments.Since this is our first game we made mistake, but we are fast learner so in our next games you can expect less errors and more fun

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 31, 14 8:53 AM
Dear Boris, I just finished the game (but not the extra play), and I loved it! The graphics were beautiful and so detailed. And i loved the morphing objects. I would have liked a little variety in the music, but I just turned it down low so it didn't get monotonous. I didn't find all the objects and would like to see a listing of where they were. I was sorry when the game was over and that doesn't happen very often for me. I look forward to more games from you! Thanks for a good one!

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on May 31, 14 9:55 AM
Dear Dollyflower,

Thank you very much on your kind words. It is a music for my ears
We will definitely pay more attention to music in our upcoming games.
If you like I will send you a file with locations of all objects.

Best regards
Boris

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 6, 14 8:39 AM
Hello Boris, So nice to get a reply to my post! I would appreciate a file with the location on the objects. Thank you very much!

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jun 7, 14 11:26 PM
Hi dollyflower,

Check your inbox .

Best
Boris

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Jun 15, 14 3:42 PM
Hi Boris!

Sorry I'm a little late to the party. I bought your game a while ago, but just got to playing it this weekend. If you are still checking these posts, I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed this game! I loved the story and the creativity with the game elements and hidden object scenes. I also really enjoyed the challenge level of the game. Some of those hidden object scenes were hard! And I love that!

I really hope you got enough support here and in any other venues your game was sold for you to make some more games. I will be jumping at the chance to get your next one. Please don't it easier just because some people don't like a challenge. God make Hint/Skip buttons for just those people. The rest of us think you are doing just fine.

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jun 18, 14 3:18 PM
Hi Bartsister,

I just want to thank you on your nice words. This is our first game and we promise that we will work hard to make even better games in the future.

Kind regards
Boris

exalthim2
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by exalthim2 on Jun 22, 14 9:26 PM
Hi Boris
I love your game. It's so much fun but I could use a list of collectibles cause I can't leave a gmae with out finding all the items. Thanks for the game and I look forward to future games.
Kim

BorisDr
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by BorisDr on Jun 26, 14 1:51 AM
Hi exalthim2,

Nice to hear from you. Thank you very much on your comment. Please check out your inbox we have nice surprise for you.

Best regards
Boris

exalthim2
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by exalthim2 on Jul 8, 14 8:04 PM
Thank you so much Boris. I look forward to your next game. I'll buy it sight unseen
Kim

cherkatz1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by cherkatz1 on Oct 7, 14 5:32 PM
Hi Boris.
Thanks you for a wonderful came. It's a nice change to buy a SE and get the CE bling. Keep up the good work. I have purchased both games and love them.

thanks.
cherkatz1

Go to: