[Post New]by spii on May 17, 14 11:08 AM
can't open with grate handle

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:fire place

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 17, 14 1:22 PM
Are you trying it on the hole in the wall on the right?

spii
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by spii on May 17, 14 8:21 PM
yes

meganw2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meganw2 on May 18, 14 1:36 PM
Same issue here. Nothing is working. Stuck.
Mine doesn't even zoom into the fireplace at all.

Edited on 05/18/2014 at 1:37:25 PM PST

meganw2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by meganw2 on May 18, 14 1:42 PM
See Tech Issues. This is on there. You have to use the handle before you use the poker/gaff thing. I'm gonna try it but you have to restart game.

[Post New]by Loulou24 on May 20, 14 10:58 AM
Has anyone resolved this issue? I'm having the same problem. I've followed all the suggestions and it's still not working. Interestingly, when I hit the "hint" button it doesn't do anything to highlight the fireplace either.l

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on May 23, 14 12:16 AM
Same here, surely I don't have to play the entire game again? Where is the fix?

murphy1018
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1018 on May 23, 14 2:59 AM
Having the same problem with the fireplace. Won't zoom in and hint button doesn't work here either. Starting over is not an option as it is the bonus chapter. Please post a fix ASAP. Thanks.

harmony
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by harmony on May 25, 14 12:11 PM
I have the same exact problem!

[Post New]by gmelvr on May 28, 14 9:12 AM
I played the bonus chapter last night and the exact same thing happened to me! I have a windows 8 running on a HP pc. Please help. Besides uninstalling and installing, what can I do? TIA

expotanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by expotanne on May 28, 14 11:42 PM
I have the same problem and contacted BigFish Tech Support for ideas and they referred me here!

Said that their team will surely work on a fix IF it becomes a game stopping issue!!!!

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on May 29, 14 12:04 AM
I had the same issue with the fireplace and could not go further in the game. I reset the bonus game and started again (no need to replay main game). Using the handle BEFORE the war hammer in the fireplace worked and I was able to finish the game. I hope they fix this issue since many folks will be confused.

expotanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by expotanne on May 30, 14 8:47 AM
MusicNat wrote:I had the same issue with the fireplace and could not go further in the game. I reset the bonus game and started again (no need to replay main game). Using the handle BEFORE the war hammer in the fireplace worked and I was able to finish the game. I hope they fix this issue since many folks will be confused.

expotanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by expotanne on May 30, 14 8:49 AM
how do I reset the bonus game??

[Post New]by scottytb on Jun 1, 14 11:21 PM
Yah exactly the same problem...Pretty frustrating but luckily you can reset the bonus chapter. Close the game and re-enter, Click on "Play game" and you will see an option to continue or reset the game and another box to do the same thing for the bonus chapter...I was pretty ticked until I figured out I can replay it. Do not use the battle axe in the fireplace until you have already used the fireplace grate lever...You must collect the grapes before you use battle axe to get potion or you will be stuck again..Have fun

Edited on 06/01/2014 at 11:30:45 PM PST

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Jun 17, 14 12:23 PM
I got the fireplace open. I can see the grapes but can't get them. I really wish I had a game site I could use. Every game I play has problems and I'm sick of it. I used the guide and followed it closely-still nothing.

[Post New]by PAMELALALALALALA on Oct 7, 14 4:21 PM
It looks like this problem was identified as far back as May. It is now October and still no fix. I purchase Collector's Editions mostly for the bonus chapters and, in this case, it can't be finished without starting over. Soooo frustrating!

On a more positive note, I have hundreds of games and this is the first one I've ever had a problem with. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be the last.

Go to: